Windows 10: default setting change for Microsoft Windows 10 documents. How do I change the default...

Discus and support default setting change for Microsoft Windows 10 documents. How do I change the default... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Easy fix automatic would NOT change my word documents files ACCIDENTALLY converted to Internet Explorer file in Windows 10. I cannot open the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KennethKarem, Mar 31, 2020.

1. default setting change for Microsoft Windows 10 documents. How do I change the default...

Easy fix automatic would NOT change my word documents files ACCIDENTALLY converted to Internet Explorer file in Windows 10. I cannot open the Windows 10 documents saved in Internet Explorer 10 on my PC Desktop

Suggestions?.. beyond Microsoft's suggestions?

:)

KennethKarem, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Change default on file view

Sorry but following the steps that you describe applied to the documents folder did not appear to change the views from details to list in any subfolders which were already set to 'Detail'.

Nor did this change of default view appear with addition of New folder or a subfolder of New folder.

CarletonGarrett, Mar 31, 2020
  4. default setting change for Microsoft Windows 10 documents. How do I change the default...

Change default media player in Windows 10

I want to change my default printer but there is no way to do this in Windows 10. When I right click on the printer that I want as my default there is no choice that says make this default printer. Somehow the choice that is chosen is the fax part of the
    printer. Why is this so complicated? When I look on the Windows website it shows what to do for Windows 7 and the info is incorrect for Windows 10. When I went into Default Programs as was suggested my Ashish Sondhi there was no info as to how to choose
    a default printer. Please help.

Francine-223, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

default setting change for Microsoft Windows 10 documents. How do I change the default...

1. default setting change for Microsoft Windows 10 documents. How do I change the default... - Similar Threads - default setting change

2. How to change back to default settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change back to default settings: Hey, I have been downloadings MODS for the sims 4, but i accidently right clicked one of the programs/mods i downloaded and clicked "make iternet explorer" my default to open the files. I didnt want this, how do i change it back??...
  3. How can I change my default settings for opening documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change my default settings for opening documents: How can I set my default to open office and not Word? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-default-settings-for-opening/a3512d8d-f197-43d2-8bf6-6c3e4f79ac1a
  4. Change default setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default setting: How do I change the default setting on the weather tile please RayTJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-setting/be9c01ab-63da-4000-96f3-d6bb0314bae5
  5. Changing the Default documents Folder

Changing the Default documents Folder: Hello. In my new PC my default documents folder is C:\Users\****\OneDrive\Documents and I would like to change it to just C:\Users\****\Documents as every app's document data is by default saved there and it slows down my connection when it uploads those files in the cloud....
  6. How do I change the default author name in Microsoft Print to PDF documents?

How do I change the default author name in Microsoft Print to PDF documents?: When I use Microsoft Print to PDF, the author of the document is not my name. It's just the first 5 letters of my name, all in lower-case letters. I want my full name to display by default the same name that's associated with my Microsoft account. Can someone please tell...
  7. how do I change the default font settings?

how do I change the default font settings?: How do I change the default font size settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-default-font-settings/7a7a37cc-b60c-4b74-aaca-c935775df190
  8. changing default setting

changing default setting: I have set my laptop to open a .dav document with Widows Media Player. However, that can't do it so I now wish to change to another programme that will open it but can't work out how to....
  9. How do I change the default setting for .eml files?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I change the default setting for .eml files?: I started using a new mail client...Mailbird. I want to save certain emails in the external hard drive. Mailbird explained how to save them as *.eml files. However, when I try to open one, it defaulted to the built-in Windows 10 app called 'Mail'. So, I went to the default...
  10. changing default settings

in Browsers and Email
    changing default settings: I have office 2013 and use outlook for my email. When I delete a message it goes into my trash folder and not my deleted folder. Plus the trash folder keeps only a few days of deleted emai9ls. How can I change outlook to send deleted items to the deleted folder and also keep...