Windows 10: Default settings for Windows folders

Discus and support Default settings for Windows folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can I make a default for all Windows 10 folders? I don't want Date, Type, Size and for files to be in list form. Is this possible? Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by t87699, Mar 15, 2021.

1. t87699 Win User

Default settings for Windows folders

Can I make a default for all Windows 10 folders?

I don't want Date, Type, Size and for files to be in list form.

Is this possible?

Thank you

:)

t87699, Mar 15, 2021
  2. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Default settings for Windows folders - Similar Threads - Default settings folders

2. Default Folder settings in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Folder settings in Windows 11: I like to remove Date modificationType SizeFrom folders, find them very annoying, but its a lot of work to remove them manually in each folder, but I have hunderds.Is there any way to remove them from all folders by default?Thanks...
  3. Default Folder settings in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Folder settings in Windows 11: I like to remove Date modificationType SizeFrom folders, find them very annoying, but its a lot of work to remove them manually in each folder, but I have hunderds.Is there any way to remove them from all folders by default?Thanks...
  4. Office - default Folder settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office - default Folder settings?: Can I create a default Folder setting in Windows 11?I'd like to make all files in all Folders to be seen in View https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-default-folder-settings/1c9748c5-ebc5-4761-8e45-7b26192056f5
  5. Office - default Folder settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office - default Folder settings?: Can I create a default Folder setting in Windows 11?I'd like to make all files in all Folders to be seen in View https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-default-folder-settings/1c9748c5-ebc5-4761-8e45-7b26192056f5
  6. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  7. File folder default settings

File folder default settings: Every time I open a folder I haven't used for several days, or even overnight, the view reverts to details view instead of the large icon view I would like.Is there a way to change this?...
  8. Setting defaults for folder details

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting defaults for folder details: Hallo, Is it possible to set default settings for folders. There is a button which increases column size to contents but this deactivates as soon as you leave the folder. Can you set a default so that the folder automatically sets the column widths. Thank you for your...
  9. default folder setting

default folder setting: I see that this issue has been going on for the last few years and with all my searching i have not yet seen a solution, especially now after all the updates as certain options aren't available like remember folder view in explorer...... All my folders keep switching back to...
  10. Default Folder Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Folder Setting: I would like most of my folders to open with Details for the view. Then when I want it differently I can change it. It seems like every time I open a new folder or one that has not yet been opened within 10 they all are large icons which provide little information. Is...