Windows 10: Default Sign in option - Autopilot Laptops

Discus and support Default Sign in option - Autopilot Laptops in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Is there a way either in the Autopilot console or by script to make the default sign in option seen at start the username and pin? Not username and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EUC Chris Erbs, May 11, 2023.

1. Default Sign in option - Autopilot Laptops

Is there a way either in the Autopilot console or by script to make the default sign in option seen at start the username and pin? Not username and password? These are windows 10 autopilot laptops. Not domain joined

:)

EUC Chris Erbs, May 11, 2023
  2. R Cord Win User

Autopilot error

Hi,

R. Cord here, Independent Expert. Hope you are doing well.

My suggestion:

I am not sure, but disabling this service could cause other dependencies in your system to malfunction, which could explain the lagging and error messages that you're seeing.

To fix the issue, I would suggest re-enabling the "Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant Service" and then trying to troubleshoot the error messages that you're receiving. Here are the steps you can follow:

Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.

Type "services.msc" and press Enter to open the Services window.

In the Services window, locate the "Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant Service" and double-click on it.

In the properties window that opens, set the startup type to "Automatic" and click on the "Start" button to start the service if it's not already running.

Click "OK" to save your changes and close the properties window.

After re-enabling the service, restart your computer and see if the lagging and error messages have been resolved. If the problem persists, you may need to look into other troubleshooting steps such as running a virus scan or performing a system restore to a previous point in time before the issue occurred.

I hope this helps!

Also check topic:

Windows Autopilot - known issues applied to Win10 / Win11:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/autopilot...

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,

R. Cord

R Cord, May 11, 2023
  3. RonBarker Win User
    Autopilot/LTSC

Hi Mat, I have no idea what LTSC means? Anyhow, have a look at this article: Overview of Windows Autopilot | Microsoft Docs

PS: Windows Autopilot documentation | Microsoft Docs

PPS: I now know what LTSC means. 'Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC)'

Enrolling Windows Modern Devices using Autopilot and Azure Join (soti.net) "The following Microsoft Windows 10 editions are supported for Windows Autopilot:

• Windows 10 Pro
    • Windows 10 Pro Education
    • Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
    • Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Windows 10 Education
    • Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC"

RonBarker, May 11, 2023
  4. xy677 Win User

Default Sign in option - Autopilot Laptops

Sign in options defaults

On my 1703 build machine I have "Ctrl+Alt+Del" enabled at the logon screen. When the machine boots up I hit "Ctrl+Alt+Del" and I can see "Other User" where I can (by default) enter my username and password.

Since I don't use my password to login (I use Hello) I always have to click "Sign in options" and then I am presented with 4 boxes to click to select the type of logon I want to do:

1. Password
    2. PIN
    3. Microsoft account
    4. Face/Hello

So I click Face and am logged on.

What I would like to know is, can you set the Face (Hello) to be the default so that when I do a "Ctrl+Alt+Del" after booting up it automatically logs me in using the Face/Hello option?

It's such a pain having to click through this each time the machine boots up. Funnily enough if you lock the machine it remembers the type of logon and uses Face/Hello to log me in automatically without me having to click anything.

Are there any options to configure the logon type defaults? I know I can disable the "Ctrl+Alt+Del" screen but would like to avoid this.

Thanks!

xy677, May 11, 2023
Thema:

Default Sign in option - Autopilot Laptops

1. Default Sign in option - Autopilot Laptops - Similar Threads - Default Sign option

2. How to make PIN as a default sign-in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make PIN as a default sign-in options: My Windows 11 has both password and PIN set up, but the login screen always ask for a password as a default sign-in option. I wanted to use the PIN instead, without manually changing the sign-in options every single time. How? Thanks....
  3. How to make PIN as a default sign-in options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make PIN as a default sign-in options: My Windows 11 has both password and PIN set up, but the login screen always ask for a password as a default sign-in option. I wanted to use the PIN instead, without manually changing the sign-in options every single time. How? Thanks....
  4. Default Sign in option - Autopilot Laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Sign in option - Autopilot Laptops: Is there a way either in the Autopilot console or by script to make the default sign in option seen at start the username and pin? Not username and password? These are windows 10 autopilot laptops. Not domain joined...
  5. Default Sign in option - Autopilot Laptops

Default Sign in option - Autopilot Laptops: Is there a way either in the Autopilot console or by script to make the default sign in option seen at start the username and pin? Not username and password? These are windows 10 autopilot laptops. Not domain joined...
  6. Fingerprint sign-in as default option on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint sign-in as default option on Windows 11: I just upgraded to Windows 11. When I sign-in, I am asked to enter my PIN. In order to use fingerprint, I have to select "sign-in options" and click on the fingerprint. I have restarted the computer numerous times, and each time I am asked to enter my PIN and have to go...
  7. Fingerprint sign-in as default option on Windows 11

Fingerprint sign-in as default option on Windows 11: I just upgraded to Windows 11. When I sign-in, I am asked to enter my PIN. In order to use fingerprint, I have to select "sign-in options" and click on the fingerprint. I have restarted the computer numerous times, and each time I am asked to enter my PIN and have to go...
  8. Sign-In Options Not Working On Laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-In Options Not Working On Laptop: Hi everyone I have an xps 13 9300 and none of my sign in options are working. I have tried multiple things on the internet and watched many youtube videos but nothing solved my issue and it's very frustrating since this laptop is almost brand new. I hope somebody can help me...
  9. Windows 10 - Sign-In Options - Prevent Default Sign-In From Changing?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 - Sign-In Options - Prevent Default Sign-In From Changing?: I've used the password sign-in option for years until I recently started using the fingerprint option in hopes that it might be more convenient. However I've noticed that the default sign-in option always changes to the one last-used. I am satisfied with the password option...
  10. Sign in options defaults

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign in options defaults: On my 1703 build machine I have "Ctrl+Alt+Del" enabled at the logon screen. When the machine boots up I hit "Ctrl+Alt+Del" and I can see "Other User" where I can (by default) enter my username and password. Since I don't use my password to login (I use Hello) I always have...