Windows 10: Default sound output

Discus and support Default sound output in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have my computer connected to my TV via a HDMI cable. Is there any way I can get the sound to come out of the TV without manually changing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lobengula325, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Default sound output

I have my computer connected to my TV via a HDMI cable. Is there any way I can get the sound to come out of the TV without manually changing the default "sound output" setting from the desktop to the T.V.? Initially when I connected the two the sound came out of the TV when I was using the HDMI connection and out of the computer when not. Now, with no change in setting by myself unless I manually change to default setting to the TV the sound comes out of the computer.

Thanks in advance

:)

Lobengula325, Sep 23, 2019

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 23, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    5.1 surround sound issue in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

If you’re connecting an optical cable the settings would be changed so try the following steps

Two options:

1. Use the optical S/PDIF output of your motherboard.

2. Use the HDMI output of your GPU. (This is what I'd recommend if you're using a HDMI display).

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel.

• Select sound.

• Click on playback devices.

For option 1- connect the cable and set the 'Realtek digital output' as default device.

• Then right click on it.

• Go to properties.

• At the rightmost tab select DTS or Dolby Digital or 5.1.
    For option 2-connect the HDMI cable through the receiver and set the 'Nvidia HDMI Output' as your default device. Then click 'Configure' and select 5.1 and check if it helps.

If the issue persist then, I suggest you to connect the speakers directly and check in the realtek audio manager if he gets the 5.1 option or not using the SPDIF\output.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 23, 2019
  4. Default sound output

sound output to headphones

not so far, still trying this and a few others. headphones do not appear on device list

jack n lees, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

Default sound output

1. Default sound output - Similar Threads - Default sound output

2. Sound output not exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound output not exist: I had some issues with the sound driver of Realtek. managed to fix it by installing the drivers and then after a few days there was no output sound device.they used to be "speakers" but now none.also, the sound of the computer in the start-up is gone 'Whisssing sound" I...
  3. Sound Output dissapeared?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Output dissapeared?: I have no idea why, but my sound output from my monitor if I'm correct dissapeared.The only sound output device I have now is "Realtek Digital Output RealtekR Audio"I own a BENQ monitor, I don't specifically remember what the output device is called, but if you need to know...
  4. How to change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10: When you connect speakers, headphones, Bluetooth headset, or other audio devices to your PC, you can select which device you want to use by default. In this post, we will show you how to change default Sound Output Device in Windows 10. Change Default Sound Output Device We...
  5. No sound output

No sound output: My daughter decided to clean up my computer, what has she deleted causing no sound output? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-output/87c854d3-ae30-4808-b62d-b6c7fc3a90ef
  6. no sound output

no sound output: Hello, I just noticed that I have no sound output from my speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-output/aa0543cf-7e4e-420b-beea-c4c424a08bd3
  7. System sounds Output to device other than Default

in Windows 10 Customization
    System sounds Output to device other than Default: The Sound Setting dialog's App volume and device preferences dialog does not appear to let you set theOutput choice for System sounds to anything other thanDefault. If I use a headset for calls, it is handy to have the headset as my default device. I almost never want or...
  8. Sound output

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound output: My sound stopped and system cannot find the Realtek audio output so I can enable it. Microphone input is visible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-output/a2d0aa78-30f1-49bc-a175-884d7d409a2f
  9. no sound on output jack

no sound on output jack: I get sound out of my internal speakers, but no sound when I plug ear phones into the output jack. I've got a new HP laptop model - 17-BY1053DX with Windows 10. Thanks. 148833
  10. No Sound Output

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Sound Output: Hi, I've been experiencing sound issues with my ASUS laptop on Windows 10. Everytime I plug in an earphone or speaker via the audio jack, the computer detects and asks what I've just plugged in but upon selecting the device, there is no sound output. Music continues to play...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Rate Us: Hello! Audio Issues I understand that youre experiencing an issue with PC audio. May I run a14