Windows 10: Default start menu tile size. Bulk resize.

Discus and support Default start menu tile size. Bulk resize. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've googled and binged, I've Duck souped and magellaned.... Surely Microsoft isn't so dimwitted so as to not provide the opportunity to set a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Clayton P. Kign, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Default start menu tile size. Bulk resize.

I've googled and binged, I've Duck souped and magellaned....

Surely Microsoft isn't so dimwitted so as to not provide the opportunity to set a default tile size (I prefer small) for start menu tiles. Or the ability to mass-resize (shift-click - something) so that the start menu can be tweaked.

It is bad enough that the thing is forced on users, and I've honestly begin embracing it's use. But I really dislike not being able to set default on my system. This includes everything from the start tile size to things like window borders. Preview pane is difficult to use when you can't tell where it's boundary is...

:)

Clayton P. Kign, Oct 7, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Bulk resizing all Start Menu tiles

Hi,

Currently the option to resize the tiles on the Start menu in bulk is not available.

We suggest that you send us your feedback using using Feedback Hub to help us make Windows better. Simply search Feedback Hub from the Start menu.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, Oct 7, 2018
  3. GuyRysher Win User

You guys are absurd sometimes. Sorry for being so rude, but I am actually one of those "wierd guys" that ACTUALLY PAY for their software, including the software on my own private computers...and that includes Windows 10.

The Feedback Hub has turned into a spyware since the creators update, which is added to the already built-in spyware features in Windows 10, which we pay for...This is not even a secret anymore.

If you have read what I wrote ("multiple tile selection is a BASIC feature that was requested by many people several times") you would have understood that back in the technical preview days, I
    already submitted a feedback (along side dozens of feedbacks) to make it possible to Ctrl+left click multiple tiles...don't direct me to your spyware apps to do what I (and dozens of other people) did OVER A FREAKING YEAR AND HALF AGO.

You didn't even answermy question about a registry setting for default tile size/resize. What did you bother answering this? I'm switching to Linux

GuyRysher, Oct 7, 2018
  4. GuyRysher Win User

Default start menu tile size. Bulk resize.

I know that in order to resize tiles in the start menu you have manually right-click each and every one of them and resize them one by one.

I am a full stack developer and as such I personally believe that even though multiple tile selection is a BASIC feature that was requested by many people several times (and in fact, existed previously in windows 8.1), that fact that microsoft ignores this
    simple yet necessary User Experience feature is plainly idiotic.

HOWEVER, Since I have noticed that EVERYTHING I pin to the start menu is always at the same predefined "medium" size, I wonder where lies the mysterious setting that defines in what size new items will be pinned to the start menu.

So my question is: is there a registry setting or a hidden options menu that allows you to resize all existing pinned items in one go?

And also, is there a setting (or a registry tweek) to pre-define FUTURE pinned items initial size in the start menu?

GuyRysher, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Default start menu tile size. Bulk resize.

1. Default start menu tile size. Bulk resize. - Similar Threads - Default start menu

2. Start Menu Resize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Resize: Can we change the Start Menu size in windows 11 like windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-resize/7f5168d4-be3a-4264-bedf-31c7dda8ada7
  3. Default live tile size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default live tile size?: Hey everyone, I have not been able to find anything yet so I figured I would throw this out here while I continue looking. I would like to set a default live tile size when I pin to start. Right now I pin to start and then I right click and resize it to small. Does anyone...
  4. Editing Start menu tile sizes

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing Start menu tile sizes: Is there a way to change the two square tile sizes offered? Currently, they are 150px and 50px. I would like to reduce the larger to 75px, which would would be a legible solution for laptop displays. 159617
  5. Small size tiles in start menu are cropped..??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small size tiles in start menu are cropped..??: Win 10 x64 Small size icons are getting cropped .. See the image.... Any ideas on how to fix...?? Edit: I'm on latest build 10240.. Funny...It was back to normal on a reboot and now again cropped..*Tongue 8977
  6. Icon/tile size on start menu in Win 10

Icon/tile size on start menu in Win 10: Win 10 gives two 'Resize' options for icons/tiles on the start menu when you add something via 'Pin to Start'. These sizes are 'Small' and 'Medium'. Does anyone know if there is a very small option at all? 62749
  7. Default Start Menu/Tiles

Default Start Menu/Tiles: Just a question about the default start menu/tiles. Originally I didn't like the look of the tiles so I removed them however now I'm thinking I may actually like them. So is there a way I can get the default start menu/tiles back? 14358
  8. Resize start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Resize start menu: Hi Group I was able to resize the start menu in build 9926 using the registry hack. I see that the hack is there in 100041 and 100049. But I cant resize the start menu now. Anyone else have this problem. Thanks. 5160
  9. Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10 Tiles on your Start menu are icons for modern apps, desktop apps, and folders that you "Pin to Start". Modern apps (ex: from the Store) can have live tiles that show...
  10. Windows 10 Default Start Menu Tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Default Start Menu Tiles: Greetings everyone: Can someone post a picture of the default live tiles on the start menu that comes with Windows 10 as basically my Start Menu stopped working and Windows Store would not work while the other apps did. I do not have a C:\Windows\WinStore directory. I did...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start menu default tile size

2. windows 10 start menu tiles bulk resize