Windows 10: default start menu

Discus and support default start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do i return to the default start menu. I guess I hit something and it changed. I want to go back to default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CharlesDrumming, Apr 1, 2020.

1. default start menu

how do i return to the default start menu. I guess I hit something and it changed. I want to go back to default

:)

CharlesDrumming, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Apr 1, 2020
  3. psyko12 Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

default start menu prob.jpg

psyko12, Apr 1, 2020
  4. default start menu

Start Menu and making default apps issue.

Hi Joy,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

• Did you install all the pending updates on your system?

I suggest you to follow these steps below to set Google chrome browser as default browser.

1. Type Control Panel in search bar on your system and open Default programs under Control Panel Window.

2. Select Set your Default programs under Choose the program that Windows use by default.

3. Select Google chrome browser as default program in the Set your Default programs Window.

4. Then click on OK and check, if it helps you.

Also refer to the section "Try the troubleshooter"
    in the link below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

AntonyJose, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

default start menu

1. default start menu - Similar Threads - default start menu

2. The Start Menu keeps resetting to defaults

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Start Menu keeps resetting to defaults: The Start menu keeps defaulting to factory settings by itself. I'm not sure how it's happening, but it will randomly reset. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-start-menu-keeps-resetting-to-defaults/e8f30c1c-4871-4597-acba-36f05425838e
  3. The Start Menu keeps resetting to defaults

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Start Menu keeps resetting to defaults: The Start menu keeps defaulting to factory settings by itself. I'm not sure how it's happening, but it will randomly reset. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-start-menu-keeps-resetting-to-defaults/e8f30c1c-4871-4597-acba-36f05425838e
  4. Default Onenote in start menu

Default Onenote in start menu: Hello, I recently reinstalled Windows 10 Pro (20H2) and by default, Onenote appears in the start menu. However, when I install my Office 2016 (Home and Student) I end up having (2) Onenote entries in the start menu. Please see picture below. I read that "Onenote for Windows...
  5. Reset Start menu to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset Start menu to default: I have just set up a new laptop and for some reason the start menu has corrupted. The programs no longer line up in a column but are in the centre of the screen in several columns. I read up about changing the TileDataLayer but cannot find this now in Widows 10 even in hidden...
  6. Reboot resets start menu to default

Reboot resets start menu to default: After the latest update my Start Menu always resets to default after every start/restart. I've done everything to fix the issue I've found in other forums (removing registry key & checking video drivers) when this issue has popped up before except create a new admin profile....
  7. Default/Stock Start Menu Apps

Default/Stock Start Menu Apps: Apologies if this is the wrong area to post this question. Here is the two .bat app removers that I use. One is for the apps on my account and one is for the apps on all accounts. apps.batapp packages.bat I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and I guess with this new...
  8. Default Start Menu/Tiles

Default Start Menu/Tiles: Just a question about the default start menu/tiles. Originally I didn't like the look of the tiles so I removed them however now I'm thinking I may actually like them. So is there a way I can get the default start menu/tiles back? 14358
  9. Restore start menu apps to default

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore start menu apps to default: I unpinned a lot of the apps from the Start menu, now I'd like to restore it to it's installation default. Any way to do this? 7765
  10. Windows 10 Default Start Menu Tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Default Start Menu Tiles: Greetings everyone: Can someone post a picture of the default live tiles on the start menu that comes with Windows 10 as basically my Start Menu stopped working and Windows Store would not work while the other apps did. I do not have a C:\Windows\WinStore directory. I did...