Windows 10: Default startup option for WU service?

Discus and support Default startup option for WU service? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm using a windows 10 machine x64( Professional ) with the 2018 october update installed, and I noticed that updates dont install automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marinel Cipu, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Default startup option for WU service?

I'm using a windows 10 machine x64( Professional ) with the 2018 october update installed, and I noticed that updates dont install automatically anymore. I went to services.msc and I noticed that the Windows Update service is set Manual ( Trigger Start). Is this the actual default startup setting for the Windows Update service? I thought it was automatic ( delayed start).

:)

Marinel Cipu, Apr 3, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 3, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Default startup option for WU service? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Default startup option for WU service?

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Default startup option for WU service?

1. Default startup option for WU service? - Similar Threads - Default startup option

2. Default Status of Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Status of Service: Hi Team!I have reset my system and made some changes. I would like to know the default service status of Windows Update Service and Cryptographic Services. Is it Automatic by default or Manual?...
  3. Default Status of Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Status of Service: Hi Team!I have reset my system and made some changes. I would like to know the default service status of Windows Update Service and Cryptographic Services. Is it Automatic by default or Manual?...
  4. Windows 10 Default all Windows services option

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Default all Windows services option: Hello is there any way to use MMC.EXE with the services snapin to reset and default all Windows 10 services to a out of the box mode? Is there any way to find a valid baseline of standard services that are running and reference there file signatures to make sure there is no...
  5. Startup option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup option: I CAN NOT ACCESS TROUBLE SHOOT OPTION I get to sartup option by using one of the three methods and i press trouble shoot and then it doesn't Show the "Reset your pc" and "Advanced option" so i can't access cmd and other essential programs please help me...
  6. Restore Windows Services to Default Startup Settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restore Windows Services to Default Startup Settings: This batch script restores Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 services to default startup settings. Code: :: Batch Script Created by . @Echo Off & Cls :: Check if batch script executed with administrators privilege. Call :IsAdmin ::...
  7. WU Advanced Options not working as expected.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WU Advanced Options not working as expected.: I am running W10 Pro 1803 on 3 systems. To prevent update to 1809 until I want it I set Feature update to 30 day delay and Quality updates to 0 delay. I am not getting Cumulative updates and they are classified as Quality updates per Update History. As soon as I change...
  8. What is the default ,,startup type" for the windows update service

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the default ,,startup type" for the windows update service: Hello! So , i recently made some settings for the windows update service . I set the startup type to ,, manual " for this service. Now , what is the default startup type for the windows update service? Is it automatic ( delayed start ) ? Because i i forgot the default value...
  9. Startup and Services

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup and Services: I am still new to Windows 10 but I guess the basic principles of these two internal programs are the same in Windows 7 and 10. I understand that in general disabling startup items in msconfig shortens the boot time and also disabling services does the same thing. However...
  10. Specify Windows To Go Default Startup Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Specify Windows To Go Default Startup Options in Windows 10: How to: Specify Windows To Go Default Startup Options in Windows 10 How to Specify Windows To Go Default Startup Options in Windows 10 editions that enables the creation of a Windows To Go workspace that can be booted from a USB-connected external drive on PCs (hosts)....