Windows 10: Default/Stock Start Menu Apps

Discus and support Default/Stock Start Menu Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Apologies if this is the wrong area to post this question. Here is the two .bat app removers that I use. One is for the apps on my account and one is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SightUp, Sep 8, 2018.

1. SightUp Win User

Default/Stock Start Menu Apps

Apologies if this is the wrong area to post this question.

Here is the two .bat app removers that I use. One is for the apps on my account and one is for the apps on all accounts.

apps.batapp packages.bat

I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and I guess with this new version, there is quite a few more bloatware apps.

Default/Stock Start Menu Apps [​IMG]

How can I go about editing my .bat files to include everything that is shown there?

:)

SightUp, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Sep 8, 2018
  3. psyko12 Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Default/Stock Start Menu Apps prob.jpg

psyko12, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Default/Stock Start Menu Apps

Start Menu and making default apps issue.

Hi Joy,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

• Did you install all the pending updates on your system?

I suggest you to follow these steps below to set Google chrome browser as default browser.

1. Type Control Panel in search bar on your system and open Default programs under Control Panel Window.

2. Select Set your Default programs under Choose the program that Windows use by default.

3. Select Google chrome browser as default program in the Set your Default programs Window.

4. Then click on OK and check, if it helps you.

Also refer to the section "Try the troubleshooter"
    in the link below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

AntonyJose, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Default/Stock Start Menu Apps

1. Default/Stock Start Menu Apps - Similar Threads - Default Stock Start

2. Windows Default Apps Glitching out in the start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Default Apps Glitching out in the start Menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Crimson_Blade_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m4wfws/windows_default_apps_glitching_out_in_the_start/
  3. Icon for Default Apps in Start Menu Disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon for Default Apps in Start Menu Disappear: Hi, after several exchanges with tech support. I finally found out what caused the problem of the icons disappearing and deleted the file which was C:\Users\MyAccount\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy, after which I deleted the account and copied...
  4. Most stock Store apps displayed as "ms-resource:AppName" in start menu

Most stock Store apps displayed as "ms-resource:AppName" in start menu: For many months now, I noticed that the standard windows Calculator app, which I use often, no longer was displayed as "Calculator" in the start menu, but as "ms-resource:AppName". It didn't bother me too much since I could still type "calc" or rather, the German equivalent...
  5. default start menu

default start menu: how do i return to the default start menu. I guess I hit something and it changed. I want to go back to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-start-menu/65c75367-a7af-48fb-8d3c-48e3ed9fa838
  6. Windows 10 start menu and default apps

Windows 10 start menu and default apps: Everytime when i change order or unpin some of default preseted apps on start menu and restart my PC, windows restore start menu order and if i delete those apps he even install them again! How to stop this ? I can't pin any app or to re-oragnize start menu[ATTACH]...
  7. Default Start Menu/Tiles

Default Start Menu/Tiles: Just a question about the default start menu/tiles. Originally I didn't like the look of the tiles so I removed them however now I'm thinking I may actually like them. So is there a way I can get the default start menu/tiles back? 14358
  8. How to reinstall one Windows default Stock app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall one Windows default Stock app?: Hey all, My friend's computer had an app in the Start section that showed him some stocks he has. It wasn't something he installed, but I believe a default Windows 10 app . It's been accidentally uninstalled, and I'm trying to get it back for him, but I don't know what the...
  9. Restore start menu apps to default

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore start menu apps to default: I unpinned a lot of the apps from the Start menu, now I'd like to restore it to it's installation default. Any way to do this? 7765
  10. Start Menu default showing all apps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu default showing all apps?: I recently installed windows 10 on an old notebook and for some reason the start menu looks like this: [img] I don't want it to show the alphabetical list of all the apps by default. On all my other computers the start menu looks more like this one....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stocks start menu app