Windows 10: Default store apps corrupted (including Store)

Discus and support Default store apps corrupted (including Store) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am having some trouble getting the default store apps to work. As for the store itself, it used to briefly show the splash then crash. Now it is just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nardavin, Feb 7, 2016.

1. nardavin Win User

Default store apps corrupted (including Store)

I am having some trouble getting the default store apps to work. As for the store itself, it used to briefly show the splash then crash. Now it is just an unknown file type that doesn't do anything when clicked. I have tried some of the more common fixes, like the powershell re-register scripts, but none work, all returning errors of one kind or another. At this point, would it just be easier to "Reset this PC", or is there another fix I may not have tried? Thanks!

:)

nardavin, Feb 7, 2016
  2. Hathiwala Win User

QR codes for the Nokia N8?

Barcode reader was included in my E72 & was expecting the same in N8 as well. If not a default program atleast there should be an app prepared by Nokia on Store instead of 3rd party apps..

Hathiwala, Feb 7, 2016
  3. Durren Win User
    Windows 10 store and apps will not open

I have tried all of these and still haven't been able to open App Store, which means none of my apps work, including the default; calculator, photos, etc

Durren, Feb 7, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi nardavin and welcome to Tenforums.

You could try an in-place repair to get things working again.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums
    That should do the trick.

simrick, Feb 7, 2016
  5. nardavin Win User
    Yep, that's what I am doing currently. Hopefully that'll fix it

nardavin, Feb 7, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Okay, let us know how it goes. *Thumbs

simrick, Feb 7, 2016
  7. nardavin Win User
    Will do. On a side note, I was supposed to choose the default option that saves all files and programs, right? I figured that since it was the default apps that were corrupted they would reinstall with Windows 10.

nardavin, Feb 7, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

Yes, save all files and programs.

simrick, Feb 7, 2016
  9. nardavin Win User
    Perfect. Results incoming shortly Default store apps corrupted (including Store) :p

nardavin, Feb 7, 2016
  10. nardavin Win User
    Yup, that worked beautifully. Thanks!

nardavin, Feb 7, 2016
  11. simrick Win User
    Brilliant! Cheers! *Thumbs

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Default store apps corrupted (including Store) - Similar Threads - Default store apps

2. None of my Microsoft Store Apps will open, including the Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    None of my Microsoft Store Apps will open, including the Store: I've been having this issue for ages now, and just learned to live with it. But now it's become an inconvenience as I'm not able to open games that are owned by the Microsoft Store and needing to use apps that are required for. I made a previous post on this a while back but...
  3. None of my Microsoft Store Apps will open, including the Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    None of my Microsoft Store Apps will open, including the Store: I've been having this issue for ages now, and just learned to live with it. But now it's become an inconvenience as I'm not able to open games that are owned by the Microsoft Store and needing to use apps that are required for. I made a previous post on this a while back but...
  4. None of my Microsoft Store Apps will open, including the Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. All windows store apps are not starting including Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    All windows store apps are not starting including Microsoft Store: Basically they're not startingThey don't even give any error messages except for Photos and Movies & TV which shows the message"The app didn't start." along with the path of the file above the messagealso Microsoft Store isn't starting not even with a error message it just...
  6. Microsoft Apps including Microsoft Store is not showing

Microsoft Apps including Microsoft Store is not showing: I Reset my Windows 10 but i choose the Keep my Files Option then after it resets Microsoft Apps is not showing idk what am gonna do can anyone help me fix this...
  7. default apps from microsoft store

default apps from microsoft store: hello, some apps are installed default from store, even i don't use them and i uninstall these apps but they will automatically install again after some time. how to solve this?...
  8. Some of the apps including Microsoft Store are not loading

Some of the apps including Microsoft Store are not loading: Suddenly, few of the apps on my PC have stopped working, which include Mail, Store, Films and TV. I looked on to this community page and tried to restore Microsoft Store through cmd, but it gives me an error: Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path...
  9. Modern apps crash (including windows store)

Modern apps crash (including windows store): Hey I'm the owner of a SB. Already a first time my start menu, doesnt appeared I lost a full day + one night to fix the bug, SFC /scannow didnt work neither health restore but I get it worked by this solutionhttp://www.urtech.ca/2015/09/solved-...in-10-minutes/ (seemingly the...
  10. No Windows Store or default apps

No Windows Store or default apps: I hope I'm posting in the right section here. A while ago I had been having some issues with my machine. To combat this, one of the suggestions I saw was to remove the Windows store and the default apps. At that point I thought it would be temporary or otherwise reversible,...