Windows 10: Default theme reverts back to light mode after each restart.

Discus and support Default theme reverts back to light mode after each restart. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I like to have my Windows dark, but after each restart anytime I shut down the computer the default app mode reverts back to light mode. The default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Figeon, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Figeon Win User

Default theme reverts back to light mode after each restart.

I like to have my Windows dark, but after each restart anytime I shut down the computer the default app mode reverts back to light mode. The default windows mode stays at dark however.

Is there a way to fix this? I'm getting tired of having to manually set it each time.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Figeon, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Tesston Win User

Windows Theme always reverts to default

Hello guys I am encountering the same problem. What you have suggested is working but every time I restart or turn on my computer, it reverted the theme to "unsaved theme."

Tesston, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Cliff S Win User
    Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

To get a "dark mode" for file explorer you need to use "Color Filter" in ease of access, and that will change all your color settings on the whole system, icons, wallpaper, settings, app color mode(need to switch to light so it will become dark) inclusive. what it does is just invert all color settings. After switching to invert, you will need to re theme your system.

*Arrow Turn On or Off Color Filters to the Screen in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Original coloring

Default theme reverts back to light mode after each restart. [​IMG]

Inverted coloring

As for forum theme, look at the bottom:

Cliff S, Oct 27, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Default theme reverts back to light mode after each restart. - Similar Threads - Default theme reverts

2. Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting: Hello... I have been facing an issue in which my desktop and settings revert to default everytime I restart it. Because of so I have to set my settings and desktop again back to my own settings and personalization. My download and document file also seem to reset everytime I...
  3. Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting: Hello... I have been facing an issue in which my desktop and settings revert to default everytime I restart it. Because of so I have to set my settings and desktop again back to my own settings and personalization. My download and document file also seem to reset everytime I...
  4. Windows automatically reverts back to default theme.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows automatically reverts back to default theme.: I prefer the dark theme over the default one. However, the system would revert back to the default theme every other day. Is this a known bug? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-automatically-reverts-back-to-default/16de8c00-c345-44e4-8bd9-f8f4830fa8a7
  5. Windows automatically reverts back to default theme.

Windows automatically reverts back to default theme.: I prefer the dark theme over the default one. However, the system would revert back to the default theme every other day. Is this a known bug? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-automatically-reverts-back-to-default/16de8c00-c345-44e4-8bd9-f8f4830fa8a7
  6. Windows 11 Theme reverts back to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Theme reverts back to default: Hello!I'm having a problem with Windows 11 themes. It happens very frequently.The problem is that when I switch to my second virtual desktop, theme changes back to default on its own. Why is this happening?Thanks....
  7. Windows 11 Theme reverts back to default

Windows 11 Theme reverts back to default: Hello!I'm having a problem with Windows 11 themes. It happens very frequently.The problem is that when I switch to my second virtual desktop, theme changes back to default on its own. Why is this happening?Thanks....
  8. Windows 10 custom theme reverts back to default

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 custom theme reverts back to default: I have a custom theme installed for windows and every time the pc goes to sleep, it reverts the to default. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/EELEYEE [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i06zyj/windows_10_custom_theme_reverts_back_to_default/
  9. Changing Theme reverts to Light Colour taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Theme reverts to Light Colour taskbar: version 1903 (18362.10006). After upgrading to this version, when changing theme, it defaults colour to "Light" . It used to be "Custom" with Windows Mode "Dark" or whatever my preference was. But now it does not keep this when I change the theme....
  10. Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10: How to: Change Default App & Windows Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 How to Change Default App Mode and Windows Mode to Light or Dark Theme Color in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can change your apps instantly from light mode to dark mode great for low-light...