Windows 10: Default to PIN for UAC

Discus and support Default to PIN for UAC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have two accounts in Windows 10 Enterprise: Standard User Account (SUA) with does NOT have admin rights Admin account which DOES have full admin... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by xy677, Mar 25, 2017.

1. xy677 Win User

Default to PIN for UAC

I have two accounts in Windows 10 Enterprise:

Standard User Account (SUA) with does NOT have admin rights
    Admin account which DOES have full admin rights

The admin account has a password set and a PIN set. I have UAC turned all the way up.

When I login with the SUA account and try to run something as ad amin I get prompted with the UAC screen as follows:

Default to PIN for UAC [​IMG]

I then have to clikc "More Options" and then get prompted with the following:

I then select PIN:

and I can enter my PIN and get the access I need for what I am doing.

The problem is that I have to select "More Options" and then PIN every single time I am prompted by UAC which is annoying.

Is there a way to force UAC to default to prompt for a PIN rather than a password?

I have researched this but all the posts talk about setting the PIN at the login screen which is not relevant to what I am trying to achieve. I am interested in setting this for the UAC prompt.

Thank you!

:)

xy677, Mar 25, 2017

2. Will a PIN work on a UAC panel?

Will a PIN work on a UAC panel?

StanShankman, Mar 25, 2017
  3. Will a PIN work on a UAC panel?

Hi Stan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Which pin are you referring too?

User Account Control (UAC) is a feature in Windows that can help you stay in control of your computer by informing you when a program makes a change that requires administrator-level permission. UAC works by adjusting the permission level of your user account.

Please reply to us with more information.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 25, 2017
Thema:

Default to PIN for UAC

1. Default to PIN for UAC - Similar Threads - Default PIN UAC

2. Set another account as default for UAC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Set another account as default for UAC: Is there any way to get UAC to default to my local Administrator account SlickRCBDAdmin instead of the spare one in case that one gets hacked BackupAdmin or corrupted?I learned long ago it was a bad idea to only have only one administrator account on a computer in case one of...
  3. Set another account as default for UAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set another account as default for UAC: Is there any way to get UAC to default to my local Administrator account SlickRCBDAdmin instead of the spare one in case that one gets hacked BackupAdmin or corrupted?I learned long ago it was a bad idea to only have only one administrator account on a computer in case one of...
  4. Set another account as default for UAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. UAC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC: How to prevent windows from asking admin user name and password to play this game in my child account?I already disable UAC. Please help. If no way to prevent this from appear, i had to remove family safety....
  6. UAC

UAC: How to prevent windows from asking admin user name and password to play this game in my child account?I already disable UAC. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac/3789167d-62e0-44ed-8f3b-1f5758b180e2
  7. Set PIN as default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set PIN as default: Is there a script to run that will set the PIN to be the default login screen vs password? These are autopilot machines and non domain joined. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-pin-as-default/ea7754dd-c6dd-4f3a-a65f-e02fe5c59fde
  8. Set PIN as default

Set PIN as default: Is there a script to run that will set the PIN to be the default login screen vs password? These are autopilot machines and non domain joined. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-pin-as-default/ea7754dd-c6dd-4f3a-a65f-e02fe5c59fde
  9. Set PIN as default

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. User Account Control UAC pin requirement?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Control UAC pin requirement?: Hi,Every time my daughter needs to take a exam thru Respondus, Inc Lockdown Brower application, a pop-up message from User Account Control shows up on the desktop. It mentions: to continue enter an admin user name and pin. Is there any way I can disable the pin requirement...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uac default pin

2. windows 10 uac pin by default

3. uac default to pin