Windows 10: Default User Desktop Background

Discus and support Default User Desktop Background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; One important thing for us to include in our Windows 10 clone/image is we want to set the wallpaper to a particular .jpg file to be used as the initial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by p.ash, Mar 31, 2021.

1. p.ash Win User

Default User Desktop Background

One important thing for us to include in our Windows 10 clone/image is we want to set the wallpaper to a particular .jpg file to be used as the initial desktop background when new users log in. We do not want to use a policy GPO setting because we want the user to have the freedom to change the background to something else after they log in if they wish. Put simply, we want their initial desktop background to be a specific file and they can change it later if they want.

FYI - We are using Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit, version 1909.5.

Even better, is there a way to force a specific theme i.e. both a wallpaper and accent color across all user profiles on a computer, even profiles that are newly generated, while still allowing users to make changes to their own profile after the initial setup?

:)

p.ash, Mar 31, 2021
  2. Misiowiec Win User

Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Default User Desktop Background

Windows 10 Task menu background transparency

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Apologize for delay in reply.

As a workaround, I suggest you to change the desktop background/ remove the desktop background and check.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Default User Desktop Background

1. Default User Desktop Background - Similar Threads - Default User Desktop

2. background setting default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    background setting default: background setting default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-setting-default/a2b579b3-6526-42a8-abd2-f468b21527b9
  3. background setting default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    background setting default: background setting default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-setting-default/a2b579b3-6526-42a8-abd2-f468b21527b9
  4. Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop: I've recently noticed a problem with my PC desktop which is due to the onedrive app trying to mirror my PC. I first unlinked and then uninstalled onedrive, however it is still defaulting to the non-existent onedrive desktop view. The same goes for my pictures and documents...
  5. Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop: I've recently noticed a problem with my PC desktop which is due to the onedrive app trying to mirror my PC. I first unlinked and then uninstalled onedrive, however it is still defaulting to the non-existent onedrive desktop view. The same goes for my pictures and documents...
  6. Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. User icon pics and User desktop background setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    User icon pics and User desktop background setup: Running Windows 10 … have 5 Users defined on one PC. Have 2 PCs on home network. The pics for User icons and User desktop background/setups getting interchanged, some between the 2 PCs. What gives??? How to stop this action. Jim H...
  8. Default Background Apps

Default Background Apps: When I go into Settings and select Privacy/Background Apps the Settings app shuts down. Does anyone have any ideas whys this is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-background-apps/85814444-9273-4c9c-9a4c-6242de404c4b
  9. Standard desktop Background for all users

Standard desktop Background for all users: Does anyone have instructions to change the default background on Windows 10 Pro? I want everyone that logs in to get our customized logo. Thank you in advance. 50838
  10. Specify Default Desktop Background in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Specify Default Desktop Background in Windows 10: How to: Specify Default Desktop Background in Windows 10 How to Specify Default Desktop Background in Windows 10 [img] Information Your desktop background (also called wallpaper) can be a picture from your personal collection or included with Windows, a solid color,...