Windows 10: Default User folders can no longer be hidden

Discus and support Default User folders can no longer be hidden in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I manually updated to Windows 10 21H1 build 19043.964 using an ISO, I am not a Windows Insider. I believe this is a deliberate feature, but I dislike... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Peter Njeim, May 8, 2021.

1. Default User folders can no longer be hidden

I manually updated to Windows 10 21H1 build 19043.964 using an ISO, I am not a Windows Insider. I believe this is a deliberate feature, but I dislike it greatly. In previous versions of Windows, the user could set the hidden attribute on their default user folders Documents, Downloads, Contacts, Favourites, Searches, Links, Videos, etc. and they would properly be hidden like any other regular folder. In the 21H1 update, setting the hidden attribute still applies properly, meaning the checkbox is checked and persists, however the folder is not hidden visually in the File Explor

:)

Peter Njeim, May 8, 2021
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, May 8, 2021
  3. How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Default User folders can no longer be hidden :D

PVTCaboose1337, May 8, 2021
  4. Default User folders can no longer be hidden

Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    Default User folders can no longer be hidden 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Default User folders can no longer be hidden

1. Default User folders can no longer be hidden - Similar Threads - Default User folders

2. My user folder is hidden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My user folder is hidden: I just got a new PC well it's an old second hand one from a friend and have been setting things up. They formatted the drives and reinstalled windows. I noticed that when I was trying to create desktop shortcuts for games using steam, the shortcuts just appeared as blank...
  3. My user folder is hidden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My user folder is hidden: I just got a new PC well it's an old second hand one from a friend and have been setting things up. They formatted the drives and reinstalled windows. I noticed that when I was trying to create desktop shortcuts for games using steam, the shortcuts just appeared as blank...
  4. My user folder is hidden

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. $ Hidden folders in Users folder

$ Hidden folders in Users folder: Hi, I have encountered these hidden folders in my Users folder. Can someone please explain what are these? Other computers in domain doesn't seem to have these....
  6. $ Hidden folders in Users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    $ Hidden folders in Users folder: Hi, I have encountered these hidden folders in my Users folder. Can someone please explain what are these? Other computers in domain doesn't seem to have these....
  7. $ Hidden folders in Users folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Hidden folders no longer visible

Hidden folders no longer visible: After the latest windows update, hidden folders like appdata in file explorer are no longer visible. Not only that, but they can't be set to visible either. Usually this is done through the View-tab, and then checking the "Hidden objects" checkbox, or by going to...
  9. Hidden content in folder user

Hidden content in folder user: The folder C:/users/thyge has grown to 54GB _ something is hidden, but what and how can I get to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-content-in-folder-user/e1d91669-ac87-4fda-b2ab-b237d4b782e8"
  10. What is the hidden shared folder "default" for?

What is the hidden shared folder "default" for?: i try to remove it i cant, i cant change any permissions either for it, also cant find no information regarding it on google! 88046