Windows 10: Default user.v5 is not being offered to users

Discus and support Default user.v5 is not being offered to users in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; We went through all the steps to create a customized profile using sysprep/answer file with <copy profile>. When we copied this profile up to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NorthBayTeky, Apr 28, 2022.

1. Default user.v5 is not being offered to users

We went through all the steps to create a customized profile using sysprep/answer file with <copy profile>. When we copied this profile up to \\server\netlogon\default user.v5 new users are not getting this profile. I have verified it's existence in sysvol, I can see the old default user.v2. So why are my new users not getting the default user profile? Thanks in advance

:)

NorthBayTeky, Apr 28, 2022
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Apr 28, 2022
  3. New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Apr 28, 2022
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Default user.v5 is not being offered to users

User Profile Service failed

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Copy the Default folder (in C:\Users) from another windows 10 computer.
    • Rename the Default folder to something like DefaultOLD (just to keep it for safety reasons).
    • Paste it in your Users folder.
    • To make sure that you won't have problems with permissions of the "implant" folder, just transfer it via a FAT/FAT32 formatted USB stick (those filesystems don't have permissions).

This will provide solution to the error User Profile Service failed.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 28, 2022
Thema:

Default user.v5 is not being offered to users

1. Default user.v5 is not being offered to users - Similar Threads - Default user being

2. Change default user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change default user: I just had to totally replace my Windows 10 OS and now it's using deejh as the default user instead of wildchild1954, which is what it used to, and should still, be. Can anyone tell me in simple English how to make that back into the default user? I hate having to go...
  3. Change default user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default user: I just had to totally replace my Windows 10 OS and now it's using deejh as the default user instead of wildchild1954, which is what it used to, and should still, be. Can anyone tell me in simple English how to make that back into the default user? I hate having to go...
  4. Default user.v5 is not being offered to users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default user.v5 is not being offered to users: We went through all the steps to create a customized profile using sysprep/answer file with <copy profile>. When we copied this profile up to \\server\netlogon\default user.v5 new users are not getting this profile. I have verified it's existence in sysvol, I can see the old...
  5. Default user.v5 is not being offered to users

Default user.v5 is not being offered to users: We went through all the steps to create a customized profile using sysprep/answer file with <copy profile>. When we copied this profile up to \\server\netlogon\default user.v5 new users are not getting this profile. I have verified it's existence in sysvol, I can see the old...
  6. Default user apps setting being lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default user apps setting being lost: My system keeps resetting user default app choices to Microsoft Default apps on bootup.I have tried the available registry entry solutions to no avail. What is the method for troubleshooting and resolving this problem. The available built-in Windows troubleshootersare of no...
  7. Default user apps setting being lost

Default user apps setting being lost: My system keeps resetting user default app choices to Microsoft Default apps on bootup.I have tried the available registry entry solutions to no avail. What is the method for troubleshooting and resolving this problem. The available built-in Windows troubleshootersare of no...
  8. Default user apps setting being lost

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Copy Users Profile All Users and Default User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy Users Profile All Users and Default User: How to copy All Users and Default User from C drive to D drive?All Users and Default User seems to be shortcut icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-users-profile-all-users-and-default-user/e94bb39f-d648-4b2e-a930-a7aea4c158e2
  10. Default Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Users: Hi there, I've got my Windows 10 that came with a laptop I bought about an year ago. I wasn't using it so much and I am not much of a geek anymore. Before I used to customise absolutely everything that I have to touch. Well I still got some of that and at the moment there...