Windows 10: Default Users

Discus and support Default Users in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I've got my Windows 10 that came with a laptop I bought about an year ago. I wasn't using it so much and I am not much of a geek anymore.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Petyo Petrov, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Default Users

Hi there,

I've got my Windows 10 that came with a laptop I bought about an year ago. I wasn't using it so much and I am not much of a geek anymore. Before I used to customise absolutely everything that I have to touch. Well I still got some of that and at the moment there is something that bugles me.

I've got both:

C:\Users\ermen
    C:\Users\petyo

In both of them I have the original folders for pictures, documents, video etc. Seems that this ermen folder is the master path (I don't even know how to call this) and all default links are associated with it. Currently I have around 30gb worth of files in it and only 1mb worth of files in petyo folder.

Why do I have this ermen folder? Why is it associated with my account? Why not petyo (see, my name)?

I would have never done this and it is a mystery how happened so. I couldn't find answers how to merge the two, couldn't just rename ermen (I could rename petyo) and it bugles me that my files are in C:\Users\ermen path.

I hope you get me guys. What would you suggest?

Thank you!

:)

Petyo Petrov, Feb 23, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Feb 23, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Default Users :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Default Users

Default User on Windows 10

Hi Rana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to switch the account to pGina account while you have signed into ranab account.

After you switch to pGina account sign out and try to login and check for the issue.

Follow the steps to switch accounts:

• Press Windows logo and click on the User profile and switch to pGina account.
    • And sign out from the account.
    If the issue still persists,

I suggest you to Remove and Re-add the account.

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Default Users

1. Default Users - Similar Threads - Default Users

2. Software Download direct/defaults on Deleted User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Software Download direct/defaults on Deleted User: hello again, long story short I accidentally deleted my user files when trying to move it to another one. It was unfortunately unfixable and i can only take it as a lesson for the future. anywho my main problem is that when im trying to redownload some softwares that...
  3. Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after...: Hello, we have many Windows 10 PCs that run in remote locations since 2019. These PCs auto-logon/login a user automatically at bootup. Suddenly in 2024, these PCs will not auto-login any longer. The PCs rarely reboot but do occasionally when Windows Update reboots the PC. So...
  4. Software Download direct/defaults on Deleted User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software Download direct/defaults on Deleted User: hello again, long story short I accidentally deleted my user files when trying to move it to another one. It was unfortunately unfixable and i can only take it as a lesson for the future. anywho my main problem is that when im trying to redownload some softwares that...
  5. Software Download direct/defaults on Deleted User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after...: Hello, we have many Windows 10 PCs that run in remote locations since 2019. These PCs auto-logon/login a user automatically at bootup. Suddenly in 2024, these PCs will not auto-login any longer. The PCs rarely reboot but do occasionally when Windows Update reboots the PC. So...
  7. Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after...

8. I am not able to use some default application in second user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to use some default application in second user profile: Like calculator, image viewer and other default applications not able to use in 2nd user profile. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-use-some-default-application-in/0d260061-7d72-449a-ac3a-93b501b3894f
  9. I am not able to use some default application in second user profile

I am not able to use some default application in second user profile: Like calculator, image viewer and other default applications not able to use in 2nd user profile. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-use-some-default-application-in/0d260061-7d72-449a-ac3a-93b501b3894f
  10. User's default picture REMOVAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User's default picture REMOVAL: I cannot remove the default user picture the anonimous blobs inside a circle on the login screen. I have tried all the suggested methods but none work. It worked in the past but not on the newer version of windows 11, even on a clean install with nothing else added....