Windows 10: Default view after closing a file

Discus and support Default view after closing a file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Sir, when I close a file let us say, a word document from a folder, I want to see the folder's contents. It should be my default screen view. Instead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SelvarajJ, Mar 30, 2020.

1. SelvarajJ Win User

Default view after closing a file

Sir, when I close a file let us say, a word document from a folder, I want to see the folder's contents. It should be my default screen view. Instead of that, my screen shows some other word document that I have already opened. It annoys me to again go to my folder. How to resolve this problem?

:)

SelvarajJ, Mar 30, 2020

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 30, 2020
  3. File Explorer default veiw setting Win 10 Pro

Hi Bob,

You can change the default settings of your File Explorer view. If you would like to sort it by Date, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Go to Start, type File Explorer.
    • Select View located at the top of the address bar.
    • Locate Sort by.
    • Select Date.
    • Choose between Ascending and Descending.
    • Close the File Explorer and check back if the changes applied.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Ronalene Mat, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Default view after closing a file

Windows 10 file explorer - default view to be the last closing view?

Windows 10 file explorer - how to set the default view of the left side of the Explorer window to be the last closing view?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

TonyZannini, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Default view after closing a file

1. Default view after closing a file - Similar Threads - Default view closing

2. Is there a default view for the File Explorer that I can restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a default view for the File Explorer that I can restore?: My file explorer navigation is really messed up. Is there a way to restore a "default" layout of the Navigation Pane without running the risk of messing things up even further?...
  3. Change the File Explorer default view of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the File Explorer default view of files: Sorry to ask what I am sure is a simple question, but I have searched the internet, and nothing I tried works, or if it seems to work, then after I reboot, the old default return. Specifically, whenever I open Windows 10 File Explorer and click on a folder, the files are...
  4. Word and File Explorer default folder view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word and File Explorer default folder view: I want to change the folder view in Word and File Explorer to show only the columns I want, and in the order I want. For example, I want the order to read: Name, Date Modified, Size, Type. Now, Type always precedes Size, no matter how many times I change it. [Moved by...
  5. file explorer provide option to set "detail view" or another view as default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer provide option to set "detail view" or another view as default: Microsoft please add an option to make detail view the default on any preferred view in file explorer. It's distracting, annoying, and fatiguing to repeatedly have to switch back to detail view, the view i prefer....
  6. Default Folder View

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Folder View: I want to Set a default Folder View for all folders. I get the instruction: 1. Open File Explorer by using key combination Windows Key + E and navigate to the folder you want to use as a source for view layout setting. Where is that folder? I don't care if they are General...
  7. Default View

in Windows 10 Support
    Default View: W10, Office 2016. Although I close my docs and folders in 'Large icons', they often open in List view, which I never want; I almost always want Large icon view. I have been down the recommended File Explorer/any folder////apply to folders etc. route, but this hasn't changed...
  8. Default Folder Views

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Folder Views: Hi, could someone explain why the default for most folders and subfolders is the Icon view and why its so hard change that view to something else permanently? For instance My Pictures, you can right click My Pictures / customize / "optimize this folder for general items"...
  9. Making "list" default view for file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Making "list" default view for file explorer: How can I make the file explorer always use "list" view when opening files and folders? Thanks 65271
  10. Default Folder View?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Folder View?: Is there a way to globally change the Default Folder View? I've used Folder Options | View | Apply to Folders a few times, but it only seems to stick on folders I've opened. 9521