Windows 10: Default Webcam For Camera App

Discus and support Default Webcam For Camera App in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to actually set a default webcam for the camera app? Please, don't tell me to disable devices or anything. I want to SELECT A CAMERA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SeanJ775, May 2, 2021.

1. SeanJ775 Win User

Default Webcam For Camera App

Is there a way to actually set a default webcam for the camera app? Please, don't tell me to disable devices or anything. I want to SELECT A CAMERA THAT DOESN'T SHOW IN DEVICES AND PRINTERS. This is crazy that I can't select an OBS Studio virtual webcam. It's like the most default thing, yet it's not obvious to even do this.

:)

SeanJ775, May 2, 2021

2. Setting up a webcam as the camera default

Hi Kevin

Method 1: If the Webcam is listed under Devices and printers, please follow the steps.

a. Press Windows key + R

b. Type: control printers

c. Hit Enter

d. Check if the Logitech webcam is listed.

e. Right click on Logitech webcam.

f. Click on Set this device as default.

Follow method 2 if webcam is not listed.

Method 2: What best we can do is we can disable the Internal webcam. You will be able to enable the webcam anytime you want.

Please follow the steps to disable HP Envy Webcam.

a. Press Windows + X, click Device Manager.

b. Click Imaging devices.

c. Right click on webcam.

d. Click Disable.

Andre for Directly, May 2, 2021
  3. choose default webcam windows 10?

Thanks for the reply.

• Build 16299.192
    • No, I didn't changed anything.
    • I have 4 webcams 2 real and 2 virtual. (Logitech Brio, Logitech C920, Droidcam, Reallusion virtual cam
    I need to chose the default webcam, because UWP apps work bad when wrong camera is chosen at the start. For example, camera app will not let me change the camera if the first one do not works with it as intended. That is why I really need the ability to
    chose the default webcam. And that' not only me, many people seek the answer for 2-3 years here.

siskonfigg, May 2, 2021
  4. yogalD Win User

Camera app - webcams only?

Is the Windows 10 camera app only for webcams or something? I tried connecting my Canon IXUS 95IS and Windows detects it properly but the Camera app doesn't.

yogalD, May 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Default Webcam For Camera App - Similar Threads - Default Webcam Camera

2. A True Fix for Cameras with corrupted firmware defaulting to `WebCam`

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A True Fix for Cameras with corrupted firmware defaulting to `WebCam`: If you're here you've exhausted any and all hope of getting your camera working after searching post after post and seeing the same basic firmware latest checks.I hope I can solve this for you tooGreatest thanks to Lukasz Pawlowski -- MS for the OG post that helped me realise...
  3. A True Fix for Cameras with corrupted firmware defaulting to `WebCam`

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A True Fix for Cameras with corrupted firmware defaulting to `WebCam`: If you're here you've exhausted any and all hope of getting your camera working after searching post after post and seeing the same basic firmware latest checks.I hope I can solve this for you tooGreatest thanks to Lukasz Pawlowski -- MS for the OG post that helped me realise...
  4. A True Fix for Cameras with corrupted firmware defaulting to `WebCam`

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Webcam - Microsoft camera app

Webcam - Microsoft camera app: I am running the latest Windows 10 Home 64 bit. Winver says it is Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.804, and assures me that it is licensed. The Windows Camera App did not come pre-installed as part of any version or update of Windows 10, including this one. I have tried repeatedly...
  6. Webcam not recognized by Camera App

Webcam not recognized by Camera App: The Webcam I currently use is recognized is not recognized by the Camera App or any Browser. For some reason it works in Skype and Discord. The Error Message in the Windows Camera app is: 0xA00F4288 <AllCamerasAreReserved> I have no idea why this is happening. It happens...
  7. Camera and Webcam

Camera and Webcam: I cannot use camera on my laptop. It seems it does not exist or cannot be found on Device Manager. I have received an error code of 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-webcam/d94ce0a1-3c8a-4e65-81f8-14eddde28167
  8. webcam/camera

webcam/camera: I have been utilizing Zoom app. without difficulty but now the program is indicating that it is unable to locate camera so I don't have full function of the app. I have been troubleshooting and am unable to find the problem to correct it. Any suggestions?...
  9. Setting up a webcam as the camera default

Setting up a webcam as the camera default: I just installed the Logitech C270 webcam. I would like my computer to default to it on startup so that I can use the Windows Hello facial recognition to automatically get me through the sign in process (Windows 10). The Device Manager registers the webcam as an imaging...
  10. Camera app - webcams only?

Camera app - webcams only?: Is the Windows 10 camera app only for webcams or something? I tried connecting my Canon IXUS 95IS and Windows detects it properly but the Camera app doesn't. 58062