Windows 10: Default Windows 10 apps not automatically installed for all new users

Discus and support Default Windows 10 apps not automatically installed for all new users in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have the same issue with 6 new factory installed HP Probook 650 G8 laptops pre installed Windows 10 version 2004. After finishing all HP & Windows... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Jaap Hiemstra, May 3, 2021.

1. Default Windows 10 apps not automatically installed for all new users

I have the same issue with 6 new factory installed HP Probook 650 G8 laptops pre installed Windows 10 version 2004. After finishing all HP & Windows updates and removing some HP bloadware, I added the system to the Active Directory domain and logged in as a user normal user and no local admin.I noticed after installing 4 systems, that all of the users dit not have the default Windows 10 Apps calculator/mail/store/sticky notes etc..The only way to restore all apps was by making the user local admin and running this powershell as admin command after making them local admin it does n

:)

Jaap Hiemstra, May 3, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, May 3, 2021
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Windows 10 forgets default apps

I have noticed like not 5mins ago that Winamp just got kicked out of my default apps list in Windows 10 Pro.
    I installed this installation not max 3 weeks ago with fresh downloaded Windows 10 Pro using Microsoft Media Creation Tool, is there a way to fix this bcs I using sfc /scannow don't do a lot for me and I have run it before on this installation.

Before u ask, I have fully updated my Windows 10 with all non-insider/beta updates.

The only thing I have disabled is the uac prompt that popup when u need admin for applications to run bcs it's simply annoying.

I don't remember having all these problems with Windows 8.1 Pro when i was using that and I am really thinking about going back so I can have "fully control" over Windows again with like disabling all the admin crap bcs I feel like it's messing more up and makes things less useful in Windows 10 with all these small problems I have and I read a lot of ppl having problems with various things time and time again where they needed to reinstall Win10 over and over to get it to work fully.

Any advice on how I can get Windows 10 to just work as a "daily driver" without all these small annoying things? *Frown Default Windows 10 apps not automatically installed for all new users :(

puma99dk|, May 3, 2021
  4. RCoon Win User

Default Windows 10 apps not automatically installed for all new users

Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, May 3, 2021
Thema:

Default Windows 10 apps not automatically installed for all new users

1. Default Windows 10 apps not automatically installed for all new users - Similar Threads - Default apps automatically

2. Delete all user-installed fonts but keep all default windows fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete all user-installed fonts but keep all default windows fonts: Dear all,Recently, I installed over 500 fonts on my windows 10. For a reason, I like to delete all of them. I want to delete all fonts that I installed and keep the fonts that came with windows installation.I know how to uninstall a font, but I can't read and find every 500...
  3. Delete all user-installed fonts but keep all default windows fonts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete all user-installed fonts but keep all default windows fonts: Dear all,Recently, I installed over 500 fonts on my windows 10. For a reason, I like to delete all of them. I want to delete all fonts that I installed and keep the fonts that came with windows installation.I know how to uninstall a font, but I can't read and find every 500...
  4. Delete all user-installed fonts but keep all default windows fonts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete all user-installed fonts but keep all default windows fonts: Dear all,Recently, I installed over 500 fonts on my windows 10. For a reason, I like to delete all of them. I want to delete all fonts that I installed and keep the fonts that came with windows installation.Please Guide me as it’s an essential issue for me.Best Regards...
  5. Install an app for all users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install an app for all users: Hi From the Microsoft Store on Windows 10 20H2, how do I install an app for all users? Thanks Bye 171707
  6. Install apps on all users

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Install apps on all users: I purchased a game for my son on the app store, and installed it under my account. How do I install it under his account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-apps-on-all-users/8033e1f0-d342-4e85-b2de-8a28ef63875d
  7. Windows 10 automatically resetting default apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 automatically resetting default apps: Hello, This STILL seems to be an ongoing problem for many, many users and I'm not understanding why you guys don't seem to care. Windows 10 forces a change of your default apps to Edge, etc every time you reboot, instead of Firefox/Chrome, Adobe PDF, etc. which the user...
  8. Windows 10: Changing default libraries location for all new users?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: Changing default libraries location for all new users?: Hi! I have built a new computer and am preparing to install Windows 10 Pro on it. My prior habit has been to move all library folders (\Users\MrHirsute\Documents, for example) to a secondary drive (D:\Users\[Username], for example) to reduce use of the system SSD by data...
  9. Export and Import Default App Associations for New Users in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export and Import Default App Associations for New Users in Windows: How to: Export and Import Default App Associations for New Users in Windows How to Export and Import Custom Default App Associations for New Users in Windows 10 You can use the default application association-servicing commands to import, export, list, and remove the...
  10. Default apps for all users

in Windows 10 Support
    Default apps for all users: We are in the process of building an image to deploy to over 500 machines. How do I set the default apps (IE 11, Adobe Reader DC, Photo Viewer and Media player) for all users on a Domain? I tried the profile copy and it failed. Also, is there a way to get rid of some of the...