Windows 10: Default windows 10 apps not loading

Discus and support Default windows 10 apps not loading in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Well, I use windows 10 pro. I've got message from microsoft to update the OS. I said ok, let's try it. After installation...some software were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mejustme, Dec 8, 2015.

1. mejustme Win User

Default windows 10 apps not loading

Well, I use windows 10 pro. I've got message from microsoft to update the OS. I said ok, let's try it. After installation...some software were incompatible or I needed to search for updated stuffs. So I quit and get back to old version because I had to work.
    but surprise....2 default apps ( not sure if there are also other, but these for sure), calculator and photo viewer not launching. They appear for very short time but that's it all, disappear and not loading.
    I did tried uninstalling and reinstalling all default apps.
    checked windows files for integrity
    regain control of program files / windows default apps (run as administrator)
    Nothing seems to work. ANd when trying to open photo or video I receive message saying that windows cannot find the file ( even is there and other apps can open it).
    Any other idea? Something happened when reverted back windows 10.
    I did tried further. 3d builder does not start also

Default windows 10 apps not loading [​IMG]

:)

mejustme, Dec 8, 2015
  2. sksh Win User

Power failure during the upgrade process

During the last step of the Windows 10 upgrade (app setup?), a storm came over and the power flickered.
    My desktop lost power. When I booted Windows 10 the screen was black but programs showed up on the taskbar.
    I fixed the background but none of the default apps will load.
    I get a message to go to the store but the store app won’t load either.
    Apps that I had downloaded in Windows 8.1 seem to work fine and all of my programs are working. Is there a way to reinstall the store app and all of the default apps that come with Windows 10?

sksh, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Windows 10 not loading correctly. Apps not loading and not connecting to Internet

Disabling the firewall and antivirus worked. I had to turn tne antivirus on manually each session but it worked.

Days later an antivirus update was installed and the problem seems to be solved.

Thanks

SChamorro25, Dec 8, 2015
Thema:

Default windows 10 apps not loading

1. Default windows 10 apps not loading - Similar Threads - Default apps loading

2. A default Profile Loads in Windows 10 after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A default Profile Loads in Windows 10 after an update: My Win10 laptop updated this morning. Initially I wasn't able to log in at all, I received an error about the the user profile service not being able to load. I rebooted and it let me in but on a temporary profile. It looks like it creates a temporary user every time I...
  3. A default Profile Loads in Windows 10 after an update

in Windows 10 Customization
    A default Profile Loads in Windows 10 after an update: My Win10 laptop updated this morning. Initially I wasn't able to log in at all, I received an error about the the user profile service not being able to load. I rebooted and it let me in but on a temporary profile. It looks like it creates a temporary user every time I...
  4. A default Profile Loads in Windows 10 after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 default apps

Windows 10 default apps: I have a Dell Inspiron 5558 on Windows 10 21H1 that has taken to resetting the default apps to Microsoft apps on every boot. I have tried the registry entry fixes that I have found and none of them work. It resets all the default apps - browser, photos, music etc. The system...
  6. Default apps in Windows 10

Default apps in Windows 10: I have been using Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard (from about 10 years ago) successfully to create, edit, etc. pdf files. suddenly, Windows wants me to download an Adobe free reader. My question is why can't I set the Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard as the default pdf app?...
  7. Windows 10 Default Apps

Windows 10 Default Apps: I'm starting to seriously question the intelligence of the people who design windows 10, but anyway. I've been doing some looking, and it seems you can't set an individual .url file to launch with an individual program. As far as I can tell, you can only set GLOBAL default...
  8. Windows 10 default apps.

Windows 10 default apps.: Hello community, I had a question about Windows 10 default apps? In the communities opinions what are the best Windows 10 default apps you can get from the Windows store, and have you experienced any problems when changing the default apps that are recommended?...
  9. Windows 10 default apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 default apps: when i want to open my windows 10 default apps, it keeps closing everytime i open it, every single default app ( Microsoft Store Apps) including calculator, camera, weather, and Microsoft Store itself. i try everything on internet but it doesnt solved at all. i've done...
  10. Windows 10 default apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 default apps: My current version constantly resets the default apps for about 75 file extensions (10.0.17134 N/A Build 17134). I use PaintshopPro 8 to edit images files (it opens instantly and has all the tools I need) however since the last update Windows decided that I really must use...