Windows 10: Default windows 10 mouse drivers broken

Discus and support Default windows 10 mouse drivers broken in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Logitech MX518. I downloaded special driver from Logitech - the Logitech Gaming Software. This let's me give it a default dpi and I can change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by orepuck, Nov 20, 2015.

1. orepuck Win User

Default windows 10 mouse drivers broken

I have a Logitech MX518. I downloaded special driver from Logitech - the Logitech Gaming Software. This let's me give it a default dpi and I can change the 3 dpi buttons to do something else.

Problem is that after about a minute the mouse gets stuck for a second and suddenly those settings are forgotten. Even though LGS is still running. When I open it up it 'remembers' them again (LGS settings are always the same, ones I put in), but only temporarily. Even worse, after my inputted settings are forgotten the mouse keeps randomly getting stuck and changes the dpi.

I think there is some sort of a conflict between the default drivers and the LGS.

One of the problems is also that when I uninstall LGS it goes back to the default drivers. And weirdly, the default drivers do have the dpi function - the buttons scale it either up or down. But I have no idea where I can change what they do (it's not in any windows settings I could find). This is incredibly annoying.

Any ideas?

:)

orepuck, Nov 20, 2015
  2. Allan Mej Win User

My mouse freezes and sometimes doesn't work

Hi,

It is possible that the driver for your mouse is not working or incompatible with the update that you've installed, or your mouse is physically broken. To troubleshoot this issue, we recommend updating your driver. To do so, kindly refer to this

link
    . Also, we recommend trying another mouse on your PC in order to verify if your mouse is not physically broken.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Nov 20, 2015
  3. SilviuT. Win User
    Razer Orochi Bluetooth Mouse and Windows 10

I have a Razer Orochi Bluetooth Mouse which works great in Windows 8.1 .

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and the mouse is still working but not the scroll wheel button.

I think this is a driver or Windows bug. I've tried to download the latest drivers from Razer's website, but they are fundamentally broken since they won't recognise my device.

Probably others have the same issue.

SilviuT., Nov 20, 2015
  4. Slippery Win User

What driver version did you install? I used the latest. LGS_8.75.30_x64. I can use the windows drivers w/o issue. Yes, I can change DPI but, cannot set default. You cannot remap the M4 and M5. They are forward and back. However, my games recognize this and I can assign whatever I wish. I really installed the Logitech drivers for my G710+ keyboard.
    Link to these drivers is : http://support.logitech.com/en_ch/pr...-optical-mouse

Slippery, Nov 20, 2015
  5. orepuck Win User
    I've tried many versions of LGS (including the most recent one). Previously (before Windows 10) everything worked perfectly, I could set default dpi and also remap M4 & M5.

Anyway, I've uninstalled LGS and it seems that the default drivers are 100% broken atm. The mouse freezes quite often for a second. I uninstalled all drivers and plugged the mouse in again, but it's still broken.

orepuck, Nov 20, 2015
  6. GAS
    Gas Win User
    Try the "remove device" in devices and printers panel, remove not uninstall, do not unplug and reboot windows

7. orepuck Win User
    Hmm, it still freezes unfortunately.

orepuck, Nov 20, 2015
  8. Slippery Win User

OK, just for you, I un[nstalled the Logitech drivers and checked device mangler (with show hidden devices enabled) and got rid of the remnants. I then ran ccleaner to clean registry.
    Mouse drivers vs.10586.0 are installed and work fine. Can set dpi using the mouse buttons, M4 and M5 are forward and back.
    So, it would appear you have a problem not strictly related to your mouse, unless it has broken (mine is at least 7 years old).
    The only other thing I can think of is that I have changed default settings (in system>advanced>choose if windows installs drivers or not) so that windows never installs a driver. I get all drivers from the mfr.
    I'll watch this thread and see if you get it figured out. Luck to ya.

Slippery, Nov 20, 2015
  9. spapakons Win User
    spapakons, Nov 20, 2015
  10. orepuck Win User
    I'm pretty sure I solved it. In the end I think the problem was not with drivers, but with the mouse itself. Since it's quite old the wire seems like it was losing connection. This not only caused the freezing but I guess it messes with the drivers so that the reset. At least that's how it seems because I turned it around and I can see how it loses light for a second every now and then.

orepuck, Nov 20, 2015
  11. bmann Win User
    Just to add to this thread, I also have the MX518 and was having issues with it dropping power. But only when connected to my USB switch. The fix (for me) is to plug the mouse directly into the USB port of the computer or possibly plugging the switch/HUB into the wall, if it has its own power supply.

Edit: Spoke too soon - the performance is better but not totally fixed.

bmann, Oct 31, 2016
  12. spapakons Win User
    Inspect the bottom of the mouse for any dirt blocking the laser beam. Clean it and you should be OK. I experience the same problem with my no-name optical mouse. Once I clean it, it is more responsive.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Default windows 10 mouse drivers broken - Similar Threads - Default mouse drivers

2. Windows 11 Default FileType is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Default FileType is broken: Ok first ill say that I searched the internet to find out how to fix this already numerous times and nothing worked. I tried FileTypeMan, ShellBagsView ShellBag Cleaner and the basic reset dfualt file types. and nothing works. I will say that this started when I installed...
  3. Windows 11 Default FileType is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Default FileType is broken: Ok first ill say that I searched the internet to find out how to fix this already numerous times and nothing worked. I tried FileTypeMan, ShellBagsView ShellBag Cleaner and the basic reset dfualt file types. and nothing works. I will say that this started when I installed...
  4. Help: Windows 10 default screen saver broken.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help: Windows 10 default screen saver broken.: KB 4586781, & KB4586864 installed 11-10-2020, but the screen saver has been Mocking it up for only 48 hrs.! So...the screen saver is showing parts of photos or nothing at all. Not sure how to go about getting it to function properly. Any ideas as to what has happened?...
  5. Default Windows Applications Broken

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Default Windows Applications Broken: Whenever I try to open a Windows default app photos, calculator, xbox game bar, microsoft store, etc. it outputs the following error: "There’s a problem with [Insert Application Name]. Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it." I can't find a...
  6. no mouse driver in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no mouse driver in windows 10: All of the sudden, after an update, there is no mouse. When i go to device manager, there is no mouse or other pointing devices for me to click on. i'm just trying to use my touch pad which is also not a listed device anywhere in the device manager. Help!...
  7. Windows 10 latest update - mouse input broken - not drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 latest update - mouse input broken - not drivers: Ok so prior to the latest windows update my PC worked perfectly Since then my mouse input has intermittently failed in the following ways:- At startup it is fine, then after a variable amount of time (minutes) the buttons stop working correctly I can open the start...
  8. Windows 10 Default drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Default drivers: Hello everyone, I have this doubt. When you install Windows 10 home/pro on a laptop or desktop computer everything works from the beginning. I am taking about the display resolution gets fixed in the next few minutes after installation, the network card, USB ports, etc....
  9. Windows mouse, pointer broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows mouse, pointer broken: Hi, so i had this problem with the mouse pointer, it just presses the middle button on my mouse to scroll and my left click doesnt work sometimes. Cant click on anything sometimes. So i reinstaled my windows and i had no prblems till now, so i think its somethig from windows...
  10. Bluetooth driver is broken for windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth driver is broken for windows 10: hello, i have a problem with my Bluetooth on my tablet. if i look to the details i see for the Bluetooth: can not be started (code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE i tried a few times to uninstall and then install the driver and i did run the Bluetooth troubleshooter....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows mouse driver broken

2. set razer driver default windows 10

3. windows 10 default mouse driver

4. windows 10 change default mouse driver,
  5. windows 10 mouse was broken,
  6. default windows 10 mouse driver