Windows 10: Default Windows 10 Partitions

Discus and support Default Windows 10 Partitions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was trying to install arch linux via command line, When setting up partitions i accidentally put arch on my windows 10 drive. This meant windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by _imMiles_, Jun 8, 2020.

1. _imMiles_ Win User

Default Windows 10 Partitions

I was trying to install arch linux via command line, When setting up partitions i accidentally put arch on my windows 10 drive. This meant windows 10 got wiped. Luckily i had a windows 10 install with me, so it didnt matter that much. I just want to make sure all traces of arch are gone. I would like to know what default partitions windows 10 makes.

Are these partitions suppose to be there, or is 1 of them not suppose to be there. My pc is custom not OEMI know that OEM installs sometimes have an extra partition. The following are my partitions on my main drive:

Default Windows 10 Partitions 82e70750-0260-42fc-920d-227088258384?upload=true.png Default Windows 10 Partitions 55446993-fe6d-49fe-8387-815b623b8a58?upload=true.png

:)

_imMiles_, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 8, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Default Windows 10 Partitions - Similar Threads - Default Partitions

2. Missing Windows 11 default apps and others installed on C partition after cloning Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Windows 11 default apps and others installed on C partition after cloning Windows...: I have an 1TB SSD, with a partition C windows 11partition, I used a software to clone this C partition to a new fast 500GB SSD. However I didn't want to clone the OS on new SSD anymore, so I format data on SSD 500GB. But the problem is something affects on my origin OS on 1TB...
  3. Missing Windows 11 default apps and others installed on C partition after cloning Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Windows 11 default apps and others installed on C partition after cloning Windows...: I have an 1TB SSD, with a partition C windows 11partition, I used a software to clone this C partition to a new fast 500GB SSD. However I didn't want to clone the OS on new SSD anymore, so I format data on SSD 500GB. But the problem is something affects on my origin OS on 1TB...
  4. Can't Boot Into default Windows Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Boot Into default Windows Partition: I have not been able to boot into the Windows 10 default partition for some time. I am running Windows 10 Home. Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.746. When I attempt to boot normally the windows boot manager comes up and says that windows cannot boot. I have two partitions on my...
  5. help me restore the default files in the recovery partition.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    help me restore the default files in the recovery partition.: Normally windows installation creates a 500mb recovery partition. I think it has those small recovery files in it?? I manually created a new bigger recovery partition, and I want to dump those winRE files into the partition. Where and how do I install the recovery files? I...
  6. Win10 default partitions..move C:\ to different disk?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 default partitions..move C:\ to different disk?: Nkt aure what I did wrong here. I had fully wiped my laptop to try out making a Win10 VM thru Linux, but it didnt work out. Reinstalled Windows now. I tried to manually partition, but soon found out the installer doesn't allow that. So I selected my NVMe drive for the...
  7. Win 10 (1909) Disc Management Partition Defaults

Win 10 (1909) Disc Management Partition Defaults: As a relatively new Win 10-Pro (1909) user, I was surprised when the Win 10 disc management partition function automatically marked my attempt create further HD partitions (beyond the 'C' partition) as 'active'. I have always been under the impression that when one wanted to...
  8. What is the Default Owner of Data Partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the Default Owner of Data Partition?: Hi, I recently changed the Default Owner of my Data Partition (Data HP E:) into Administrators but I would like to know who the real Default Owner is. Is it System, or TrustedInstaller? My C Drive is TrustedInstaller and other Partitions are Administrators. I would like to...
  9. UEFI/GPT-based hard drive partitions default layout for windows10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UEFI/GPT-based hard drive partitions default layout for windows10: Hi there, I have been currently looking in my laptop the default windows 10 partition layout which seems to be very odd in my case. well, i was recently reading an article here: UEFI/GPT-based hard drive partitions | Microsoft Docs and saw that the default partition layout...
  10. UEFI/GPT-based hard drive partitions default layout for win10

UEFI/GPT-based hard drive partitions default layout for win10: Hi there, I have been currently looking in my laptop the default windows 10 partition layout which seems to be very odd in my case. well, i was recently reading an article here:...