Windows 10: Default Windows 10 Password

Discus and support Default Windows 10 Password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I recently reset my laptop due to slow speeds and years of junk buildup. My issue is this: there is a administrator account that is barring me... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Louben22, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Louben22 Win User

Default Windows 10 Password

Hello, I recently reset my laptop due to slow speeds and years of junk buildup. My issue is this: there is a administrator account that is barring me from entering into the desktop. I am unable to start the computer in any kind of safe mode, as administrator password is needed. I am also unable to do any kind of software repair as the administrator account is not showing up under any usable accounts. Therefore, the ONLY thing that would fix this issue is to be able to guess the administrator password. I did not set this account up, and have tried all passwords that my accounts used prior to the reset. I also do not have my windows recovery disk nor do I have a password wizard disc. Please DO NOT send me any suggestions that hinge upon my ability to access command prompt, the desktop, adding new users in Users and Accounts, as I am unable to access any of these things without the password to administrator. Thank you.

:)

Louben22, Jul 9, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Default Windows 10 Password - Similar Threads - Default Password

2. Windows Security Prompts Defaulting To Password Instead of PIN All The Time How Do I...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Security Prompts Defaulting To Password Instead of PIN All The Time How Do I...: I have Windows Hello PIN set up, in addition to my password. No Microsoft account connected/signed-in to my local profile. My PIN is how I currently log into my local profile from the Windows login screen, every day.Once logged in and working from within my profile, whenever...
  3. Windows Security Prompts Defaulting To Password Instead of PIN All The Time How Do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Prompts Defaulting To Password Instead of PIN All The Time How Do I...: I have Windows Hello PIN set up, in addition to my password. No Microsoft account connected/signed-in to my local profile. My PIN is how I currently log into my local profile from the Windows login screen, every day.Once logged in and working from within my profile, whenever...
  4. Windows Security Prompts Defaulting To Password Instead of PIN All The Time How Do I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 login default swaps between password/pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 login default swaps between password/pin: I have a pin set up to login to my windows 10 account local account but sometimes it comes up asking for my password instead. I am able to click the sign in options and change it to PIN and then sign in, but I'd like to make it always ask for the PIN as default rather than it...
  6. Windows 10 login default swaps between password/pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 login default swaps between password/pin: I have a pin set up to login to my windows 10 account local account but sometimes it comes up asking for my password instead. I am able to click the sign in options and change it to PIN and then sign in, but I'd like to make it always ask for the PIN as default rather than it...
  7. Windows 10 login default swaps between password/pin

8. How do I lock all windows settings behind a pin or a password besides the default...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I lock all windows settings behind a pin or a password besides the default...: So I realized with windows 11 when I try to view my passwords on chrome it prompt me to enter my windows outlook pin, which is great. But I realized that this option is a bit limited. I want to give my laptop to my friend for his project work and that would mean I have to...
  9. How do I lock all windows settings behind a pin or a password besides the default...

How do I lock all windows settings behind a pin or a password besides the default...: So I realized with windows 11 when I try to view my passwords on chrome it prompt me to enter my windows outlook pin, which is great. But I realized that this option is a bit limited. I want to give my laptop to my friend for his project work and that would mean I have to...
  10. How can i change the default account to the personal account password protected so that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i change the default account to the personal account password protected so that...: I have 2 accounts on my desktop windows. One is a general account no password and one is a personal account password protected. If someone before me used the computer general account to login, the next time i boot up the computer, it will automatically select the general...