Windows 10: Default Windows Applications Broken

Discus and support Default Windows Applications Broken in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Whenever I try to open a Windows default app photos, calculator, xbox game bar, microsoft store, etc. it outputs the following error: "There’s a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by EdgarFleming, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Default Windows Applications Broken

Whenever I try to open a Windows default app photos, calculator, xbox game bar, microsoft store, etc. it outputs the following error:

"There’s a problem with [Insert Application Name]. Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it."

I can't find a solution that seems to work for me and have tried everything i can think of.

This one didn't help:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...e/47686acd-82aa-4021-93f9-0068505e56f9?page=1

Nor did this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4027338/microsoft-store-does-not-launch

Nothing happened when following this:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ws-store/535578bf-4c83-4c55-bd61-f023aad63a39

If there is another solution you could recommend i would be very greatful.

:)

EdgarFleming, Jul 23, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Default Windows Applications Broken :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Default Windows Applications Broken

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Default Windows Applications Broken

1. Default Windows Applications Broken - Similar Threads - Default Applications Broken

2. Windows 11 Default FileType is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Default FileType is broken: Ok first ill say that I searched the internet to find out how to fix this already numerous times and nothing worked. I tried FileTypeMan, ShellBagsView ShellBag Cleaner and the basic reset dfualt file types. and nothing works. I will say that this started when I installed...
  3. Windows 11 Default FileType is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Default FileType is broken: Ok first ill say that I searched the internet to find out how to fix this already numerous times and nothing worked. I tried FileTypeMan, ShellBagsView ShellBag Cleaner and the basic reset dfualt file types. and nothing works. I will say that this started when I installed...
  4. DEFAULT APPLICATION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DEFAULT APPLICATION: Hi ,I have only 1 chrome and only 1 microsoft edge still it is showing this . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-application/2a6d6d5c-b761-4da1-86c3-7ec5bc1b53fe
  5. Broken Application Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken Application Icons: [ATTACH]Anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-application-icons/96985f9c-2cd6-4c5f-898d-074587ddead7
  6. An application caused a problem with the default application...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An application caused a problem with the default application...: Greetings. I did a reinstallation of windows 10. I downloaded the latest version, 20H2, and since the reinstallation this notification has appeared: "an application caused a problem with the default application settings for files ..." It has appeared to me 2 times, once...
  7. Default Applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default Applications: When I try to choose default applications by file type, WinAmp is not an option. How do I associate WinAmp to mp3? Thanks! Vers. 1909 [img] 165806
  8. Default Windows Applications not opening.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default Windows Applications not opening.: Hello guys. I was on the 1903 update from a couple of months and wanted to open Microsoft store recently. So I double click on it and it just flashes for a split second and closes. All Microsoft default apps are behaving in the same way. Calculator, calendar etc. I've tried...
  9. Default Applications in Windows 10

Default Applications in Windows 10: I am trying to change a default application in Windows 10. I go to Settings > Default apps > Choose default apps by file type. I cannot click on the file in the Name column. I click on the app in the Default App column that I want to change. "Choose an app" pops up, but...
  10. Setting Default Apps, broken

Setting Default Apps, broken: Windows 10 will not let me set a default app for photo viewer. When I go in and set it, it works for about 10-15 minutes, max. Then it defaults to the Windows Photo Viewer which is not such a great program. How do I set the default viewer to stay the program I choose?...