Windows 10: Default Windows Applications not opening.

Discus and support Default Windows Applications not opening. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello guys. I was on the 1903 update from a couple of months and wanted to open Microsoft store recently. So I double click on it and it just flashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vaibhthakur, May 30, 2020.

1. Default Windows Applications not opening.

Hello guys. I was on the 1903 update from a couple of months and wanted to open Microsoft store recently. So I double click on it and it just flashes for a split second and closes. All Microsoft default apps are behaving in the same way. Calculator, calendar etc. I've tried resetting, deleting cache of Microsoft store but nothing works. I see that the size of Microsoft store is 0 bytes. I've even tried updating to the latest 1909 and running a system scan. None of which helped. I've tried reinstalling the apps too. My Windows App folder under Program files shows 0KB too. I don't know what's wrong.

Please if anyone could help me solve this, it'll be highly appreciated. Thankyou.

submitted by /u/vaibhthakur
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vaibhthakur, May 30, 2020
  2. chadwick0 Win User

Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, May 30, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 30, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

Default Windows Applications not opening.

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Default Windows Applications not opening. :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Default Windows Applications not opening.

1. Default Windows Applications not opening. - Similar Threads - Default Applications opening

2. DEFAULT APPLICATION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DEFAULT APPLICATION: Hi ,I have only 1 chrome and only 1 microsoft edge still it is showing this . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-application/2a6d6d5c-b761-4da1-86c3-7ec5bc1b53fe
  3. An application caused a problem with the default application...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An application caused a problem with the default application...: Greetings. I did a reinstallation of windows 10. I downloaded the latest version, 20H2, and since the reinstallation this notification has appeared: "an application caused a problem with the default application settings for files ..." It has appeared to me 2 times, once...
  4. Default Applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default Applications: When I try to choose default applications by file type, WinAmp is not an option. How do I associate WinAmp to mp3? Thanks! Vers. 1909 [img] 165806
  5. Default Windows Applications Broken

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Default Windows Applications Broken: Whenever I try to open a Windows default app photos, calculator, xbox game bar, microsoft store, etc. it outputs the following error: "There’s a problem with [Insert Application Name]. Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it." I can't find a...
  6. How to set Default program/application to open the files in Windows 10 ...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to set Default program/application to open the files in Windows 10 ...: How to set Default program/application to open the files in Windows 10 to open up a .ani file? I've tried this way but I still end up with Choose an App from the Microsoft Storesee d How can I set My Laptop to open it as either Animation Desk Classicor Animation Desk as...
  7. default application issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    default application issue: some default applications like photos ,mail and microsoft store are not starting. what can i do to repair them ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-application-issue/9b8646c5-bb50-4eb3-842a-f5d1f3fdd88d
  8. Default Applications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Applications in Windows 10: I am trying to change a default application in Windows 10. I go to Settings > Default apps > Choose default apps by file type. I cannot click on the file in the Name column. I click on the app in the Default App column that I want to change. "Choose an app" pops up, but...
  9. Stymied by "Open With" Limitations; Cannot Specify Default Application

in Windows 10 Support
    Stymied by "Open With" Limitations; Cannot Specify Default Application: Look, this is a rather simple problem that did not exist in earlier Windows platforms. Wanna "create" a new filetype with a customized extension, and specify default opening application? With Windows 10, there's a HUGE roadblock: "Open with> Use Standard Windows Service"...
  10. "open with" dialogue for mime types that have a default application

in Windows 10 Support
    "open with" dialogue for mime types that have a default application: This is both weird and really, really annoying. Say I set MPV as the default media player. For ALL media types. Then I go into my music library via file explorer and double-click an mp3. It will ask me which app I want to open it in "or keep using MPV". Even though...