Windows 10: Default Windows Apps Won't Update

Discus and support Default Windows Apps Won't Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Today I was trying to update my PC's apps, but I was unable to perform the updates from Microsoft Store. In the screenshot, you can see that i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aayath Shukry, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Default Windows Apps Won't Update

Hello,

Today I was trying to update my PC's apps, but I was unable to perform the updates from Microsoft Store. In the screenshot, you can see that i have updated the Groove Music app, but you can see in the taskbar that the app remains to be its old self. Default Windows Apps Won't Update 36ef3bb6-e2e0-49f4-8eb0-294b1bda9ec8?upload=true.png
    But when I update them, they seem to be progressing just fine, as seen in the screenshot below. Default Windows Apps Won't Update e3a5380e-be33-4c0f-baa4-89d14861e656?upload=true.png

And when I try to install any Microsoft related apps, it displays this error message, as seen below. Default Windows Apps Won't Update 888c8e69-6be9-4107-9fd4-7d22ca3c14bb?upload=true.png
    However when I try to install or update any other app, it works just fine. I have tried many solutions including resetting the Store's cache, reinstalling the Store and many more. Please recommend a solution as soon as possible.

:)

Aayath Shukry, Dec 21, 2020

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Default apps are not working in Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the default apps on your computer, let us try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the default apps for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 21, 2020
  4. tops Win User

Default Windows Apps Won't Update

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

Default Windows Apps Won't Update

1. Default Windows Apps Won't Update - Similar Threads - Default Apps Won't

2. Windows 10 default apps won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 default apps won't open: I tried to open up a photo last night and i got an error saying that photos weren't available. Tired another picture on a different drive and got the same issue. Went to try and reinstall photos from the microsoft store but it wouldn't open and dissapeared from my taskbar....
  3. Windows 10 default apps won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 default apps won't open: I tried to open up a photo last night and i got an error saying that photos weren't available. Tired another picture on a different drive and got the same issue. Went to try and reinstall photos from the microsoft store but it wouldn't open and dissapeared from my taskbar....
  4. Windows 10 default apps won't open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Default Microsoft apps won't install.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Default Microsoft apps won't install.: Hello so I've been getting this problem after I've attempted to fix the right click issue from my old profile which never got fixed and deleted the profile and decided to go to the main one, however the main profile has some of the default apps somewhat "uninstalled" and is...
  6. Default windows apps won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Default windows apps won't open: Hello, I recently did a soft reset on my desktop to keep my files and after I was unable to open the Microsoft store, Xbox app, calendar, calculator and other default apps. The apps become grayed out with a black bar below them. I've tried multiple terminal commands to reset...
  7. default windows apps stuck updating

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    default windows apps stuck updating: hello, so i recently reinstalled windows and now all the default apps are not opening, including microsoft store. i've tried all these steps and they're still stuck updating. i've reinstalled my graphics driver and checked for updates and still nothing. any help is greatly...
  8. My default apps won't open???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My default apps won't open???: Okay so i tried to open my Mail but it said "explorer.exe Class not registered" and so i thought there was a bugs i tried to troubleshoot my computer (i'm running windows 10) so it can fix bugs nut my settings wont open either! i thought maybe it had to do with internet...
  9. All Windows Default Apps Won't Work, TWINUI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Windows Default Apps Won't Work, TWINUI: I can't start any apps on windows, such as the app store itself, the mail app, or Groove Music. Help would be much appreciated, the troubleshooter doesn't do anything and I already tried restorehealth in the command prompt. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Changing default app won't stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing default app won't stick: Hi all I am trying to give Windows Photo Viewer all its (file extension) defaults I have tried two ways to set Windows Photo Viewer as default: Control Panel / Default Programs / Set your default programs / Windows Photo Viewer Whatever I do, windows does not let me...