Windows 10: Default Word settings.

Discus and support Default Word settings. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On the current version of Word I cannot edit documents in reading or normal view. Switching back and getting all the carriage return and space marks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by neil4, Jan 21, 2019.

1. neil4 Win User

Default Word settings.

On the current version of Word I cannot edit documents in reading or normal view.

Switching back and getting all the carriage return and space marks appearing is a real pain.

How do I reset this?

I tried the online Help and the remote access guy did something but next time I logged on it reverted to the same settings.

:)

neil4, Jan 21, 2019

2. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Jan 21, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

Default Word settings.

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Default Word settings. :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Default Word settings.

1. Default Word settings. - Similar Threads - Default Word settings

2. How to set up the Default Font in Office 2016 Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set up the Default Font in Office 2016 Word: Whenever I open Word in office 2016 pro and look at the Home page, the Font is already set upWith Calibri Body 11….How do I change that to Arial 13 and set it to be my default?It's really a pain to have that set up to read...Any help/assistance will really be greatfulI'm...
  3. Don't merge lists in Word – is it possible to set as default?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Don't merge lists in Word – is it possible to set as default?: Hello, It took me some time to find the name of that function in English. I often have a multi-level list like the following. They are usually bullet lists, not numbered lists, but the list-styles are the real ones : 1. This is style List1 1.1. This is style List 2 1.2. This...
  4. Setting default Word version for opening docs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting default Word version for opening docs: Hello, How do I choose a the default version of Word with which to open docs? Currently I have 2013 and 2019 installed, and the files are opened in 2013 by default. How do I set them so they're opened by 2019? When I go to "Open with" from the context menu and select Word...
  5. Not able to set word as by default for .txt & .text type file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to set word as by default for .txt & .text type file: Hi. I am not able to set choose default apps by file type fot .txt there they show wordpad by default. i want to set word to open .txt fype but not able to change & i also have one error show when i open word file and that error is "Microsoft Word 16.0: We're sorry but...
  6. Word defaults

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Word defaults: Can someone tell me how to change, permanently, the default font and size for Word in Office 2019? I refer specifically to the blank document that shows up whenever you start the program. I hate 11 point Calibri. Help. Please?...
  7. Set Microsoft Word Back to Defaults

Set Microsoft Word Back to Defaults: For some reason only known to myself, I've messed around with Word settings and now I need to set it back to default (as it comes from Microsoft). Any help out there? *Redface 146971
  8. Can't Set Default Bullet in Word.. Smdh

Can't Set Default Bullet in Word.. Smdh: Is there a way to set default bullets in Word? I'm using Word 2019. It was suggested that I use the Styles task pane to set a default bullet. I did this and clicked on 'new documents based on this template' to set this default. But it doesnt work. Why the hell cant someone...
  9. Can't Set Default Bullet in Word.. Smdh

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Set Default Bullet in Word.. Smdh: Is there a way to set default bullets in Word? I'm using Word 2019. It was suggested that I use the Styles task pane to set a default bullet. I did this and clicked on 'new documents based on this template' to set this default. But it doesnt work. Why the hell cant someone...
  10. Resetting Word as default ?

Resetting Word as default ?: By mistake in the early hours of this morning somehow managed to set all my many Word docs default to Microsoft Office Picture Manager and now can't find a way to reverse it back....*Redface Any help much appreciated thanks. 91365