Windows 10: DefaultApp setting changes automatically against my will on Windows10

Discus and support DefaultApp setting changes automatically against my will on Windows10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I set my default app setting of PDF file to Adobe Acrobat, but windows10 continues to change it back to Edge after I applied cumulative security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 良一田畑, Feb 12, 2019.

1. DefaultApp setting changes automatically against my will on Windows10

I set my default app setting of PDF file to Adobe Acrobat,

but windows10 continues to change it back to Edge

after I applied cumulative security update.

It's very annoying, is there any way to set it permanently?

I set NoOpenWith in registry on Edge Class section, but seems not working now.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanx.

:)

良一田畑, Feb 12, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Necrofire Win User
    How can I set up automatic underclocking?

When I leave my computer on overnight, I head to CnQ, change the multi to 4x, then step the vid down .1v until it's at .8. Is there a way to make this process and a reverse process automatic?

If I step the vid down any faster, my computer freezes.

Necrofire, Feb 12, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

DefaultApp setting changes automatically against my will on Windows10

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile DefaultApp setting changes automatically against my will on Windows10 :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

DefaultApp setting changes automatically against my will on Windows10

1. DefaultApp setting changes automatically against my will on Windows10 - Similar Threads - DefaultApp setting changes

2. Windows10 Time is changed automatically about 1hr

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows10 Time is changed automatically about 1hr: Dear,I use windows10 pro in manufacturing machine. it is running for 24hrI bought it a year agobut recently, time was changed 01:59 to 01:00what I wonder is it is possible without any action?please let me knowthank you...
  3. Windows10 Time is changed automatically about 1hr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 Time is changed automatically about 1hr: Dear,I use windows10 pro in manufacturing machine. it is running for 24hrI bought it a year agobut recently, time was changed 01:59 to 01:00what I wonder is it is possible without any action?please let me knowthank you...
  4. Windows10 Time is changed automatically about 1hr

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop screen automatic Off against power setting.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop screen automatic Off against power setting.: Hi, My name is Santosh Paudel. I am using the windows 10 home version. My screen goes to sleep every few minutes against my power setting/ advanced power setting. It is really annoying that I have to unlock the screen after every few minutes. Note: The screen does not go to...
  6. Power settings automatically changing

Power settings automatically changing: I hope someone out there can help me please - As for a few months now, Windows 10 build 19042.685 keeps changing the sleep setting to 2 hours, I have it set to never, as I could have background processes happening and I don't want to watch it so I let t go unsupervised, and...
  7. Windows is changing my settings automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows is changing my settings automatically: Hi there! I need change option "Read Only" unticked in my Documents folder, but when i changed it, even if im only user/administrator on PC, W10 keep change it back on ticked. Anyone can help with this? Thx...
  8. Windows automatically changed the settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows automatically changed the settings: All started when I was writing a blog... I got a call and left my laptop on for 5 min. The display turned off but the pc was on... I tried waking it up.. but there was no response. The disk read/write indicator was continuously lighted without a blink... The screen turned...
  9. Why does Windows10 keep changing my power settings

Why does Windows10 keep changing my power settings: I seem to locked in a deadly struggle with Windows10 over the power settings on a new PC. I do not want the screen going to sleep. I do not want the machine to hibernate. Yet, every week or so - this week now TWICE - Windows10 has reset my PC so the screen goes black after...
  10. Automatic Shutdown Windows10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Shutdown Windows10: Recently i have installed windows 10 on my dell laptop, now its automatically goes off, and i have to manually turn it on. when i turn it on it turning on directly to the same window or an app at the time when it goes off ,Eg, if it turned off while i was using photoshop ,...