Windows 10: defaultapppool

Discus and support defaultapppool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I start my computer and rather than having the request for the password I see welcome to defaultapppool???? Can't get back to the original login plus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by crazycuben, Jun 22, 2019.

1. defaultapppool

I start my computer and rather than having the request for the password I see welcome to defaultapppool???? Can't get back to the original login plus I have files under the old login. Please help!

:)

crazycuben, Jun 22, 2019
  2. kjl1956 Win User

User profiles list three, 1 defaultprofile using 2.59mb, 2 IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool using 11.0mb , 3 KENNETH-HP\kenneth using 48.1gb

User profiles list three, 1 defaultprofile using 2.59mb, 2, IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool using 11.0mb , 3 KENNETH-HP\kenneth using 48.1gb.

IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool shows on only one device, an hp laptop upgraded from win7.

Why does it show only on this computer and may be the issue why 9-12-2017 KB4038788 keeps failing to install from WU or standalone.

Have done the online health and online restore health but did not work.

The only pc that got win10 upgrade from win7.

kjl1956, Jun 22, 2019
  3. WolfAT Win User
    Anniversary Update fails at 97% - Stopcode "Memory Management"

You get the same stopcode?

You opened up "setuperr.log" and there is the same error? (Can't retrieve group information for user IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool. NetUserGetLocalGroups failed)

---------

Open up "lusrmgr.msc" (=local users ...) and verify, there is no user named like the one in the error message.

Open up Explorer and go to the profiles-directory. (normally "C:\Users")

Verify, that there is a folder named like the one in the error message. (DefaultAppPool)

If not - Try configuring Explorer to Show all files. (or use Powershell Command "Get-ChildItem -Path "C:\Users" -Force")

Open up "Control Panel" -> "System" -> "Advanced System Settings" -> "User Profiles" -> "Settings".

Verify, that there is a user listed named like the one in the error message. (DefaultAppPool)

On your own risk mark those user in the list and press the delete button, like I have done. Then try to update again.

If you want to be safe, contact Microsoft and ask them for the right way.

Addendum:

Make sure you do this steps with appropiate rights. (Admin)

WolfAT, Jun 22, 2019
  4. JessVance Win User

defaultapppool

Lost Everything on My Computer After New Update

When I went on that link, on the step that tells you to open your user file under windows old, I do not have my personal file, but instead I have "Default" "DefaultAppPool" And "Public", and they are all empty.

JessVance, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

defaultapppool

Users found this page by searching for:

1. defaultapppool

2. windows 10 defaultapppool

3. defaultapppool windows 10

4. defaultapppool network shared drive,
  5. iis apppool\defaultapppool user profile,
  6. Users > DefaultAppPool,
  7. what is used defaultapppool,
  8. iis apppool defaultapppool windows 10,