Windows 10: Defaulting Security settings - Win 10 64 professional

Discus and support Defaulting Security settings - Win 10 64 professional in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been over zealous with my security settings and am looking for a way to recover my access rights to my folders and files Is there a simple way... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Steeboo, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Steeboo Win User

Defaulting Security settings - Win 10 64 professional

I have been over zealous with my security settings and am looking for a way to recover my access rights to my folders and files

Is there a simple way to default ALL security settings because, otherwise I am going to have to rebuild my PC !

:)

Steeboo, Apr 13, 2021

2. Set Irfanview 64 as Default Viewer in File Folders, Including PSD

Hi, all -

I am trying to get Irfanview 64 to be my default Viewer for ALL image files, such that:

• All Thumbnails in all folders, all the time, including PSD files, are visible as photo icons
    • Any Image file, of any File Extension, will open in Irfanview when double-clicked

I've been through few threads, and have done the following:

• Set Irfanview as default in My Settings / Associations
    • Set Irfanview (Admin . Options > Associations) as Default to all image file types
    • Deleted the "Photos" application

Yet, in my folders Icons view, I get the default Irfanview "logo" image (looks like a little red animal with googly eyes with "64" in the center and what looks like a tire track. e.g. roadkill) instead of a thumbnail of the image, and whenever I double-click
    on ANY image, Win 10 tries to open the image in Paint, instead of Irfanview.

My entire workflow depends on seeing the Icons as a sample of the image the file represents. Since upgrading to my Surfacebook Pro, this is the only regret I have, and it's making me nuts.

Any suggestions appreciated! Defaulting Security settings - Win 10 64 professional :)

TeejayRiedl, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Defaulting Security settings - Win 10 64 professional

Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Defaulting Security settings - Win 10 64 professional

1. Defaulting Security settings - Win 10 64 professional - Similar Threads - Defaulting Security settings

2. Win 10 network printer default name setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 network printer default name setting: According to everything I can find regarding this topic, Win 10 assigns a default name to a printer network printer based on make, model etc. when adding a new printer to the list of installed printers. Even if the network printer has a unique name set up via the web...
  3. Default Program Settings in Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Program Settings in Windows Security: I have noticed that, in my installation of Windows 11, I have not touched any of the settings in Windows Security, yet there are numerous programs that have system overrides enabled. My question is a general question. Which applications have system overrides turned on by...
  4. Default Program Settings in Windows Security

Default Program Settings in Windows Security: I have noticed that, in my installation of Windows 11, I have not touched any of the settings in Windows Security, yet there are numerous programs that have system overrides enabled. My question is a general question. Which applications have system overrides turned on by...
  5. How to set MS Office Professional 2010 as default

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to set MS Office Professional 2010 as default: My friend's (Win 10) laptop says "you do not have OFFICE" installed when she tries to open email attachments. Today she installed MS Office 2010 and is still getting the same message when trying to open attachments. How can she set the newly installed 2010 edition as default....
  6. Help replacing Win.7Pro 64, to Win.10 Pro 64?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help replacing Win.7Pro 64, to Win.10 Pro 64?: Howdy all! I am unfortunately in a situation where I think I will need to replace hardware, [ie: B85 Chipset MoBo, and Intel core i7, CPU] before installing either a "clean," or an "upgrade" to WIN10? I perform upgrades every six or seven years, to keep up with technology....
  7. Set the default application of win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set the default application of win 10: My pdf files are currently unable to install the open application by default, when I install Foxit Reader to open it, Windows automatically changes to Edge when I restart the computer. Please help me....
  8. Win 10, setting default software or changing default software not possible.

Win 10, setting default software or changing default software not possible.: When I try to change the default video player under the "Default apps" setting page it just stays on the Windows Media player. It's not possible to change this. When I try open an unknown file format I get promted to select software to use with this file format. The "Always...
  9. win 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 64 bit: Hello, I have win 10 64 bit, is there a way i can run a game that is 32 bit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/win-10-64-bit/df9c9918-85fb-40e3-924b-7feeaf5c44a9
  10. win 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 64 bit: I bought a disc win 10 0em from newegg. ok here,s the question if I get a new motherboard I will be able to activate like win 7 right? clean install from dvd it has a license on the package. 40253