Windows 10: Defaults set to Bing

Discus and support Defaults set to Bing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; W 1909 18363.353 FF 72.ob6. Is it just me or did some of the latest updates change my FireFox default's to "Bing" (start page, search engine etc.) ??... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by meebers, Dec 14, 2019.

1. meebers Win User

Defaults set to Bing

W 1909 18363.353 FF 72.ob6. Is it just me or did some of the latest updates change my FireFox default's to "Bing" (start page, search engine etc.) ??

:)

meebers, Dec 14, 2019

2. Can't replace Bing as default search provider in Edge/Win10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your queries in Windows 10.

I completely understand your concern.

I suggest you to follow these steps and check if that helps.

• Click (…)

• Select settings

• Under settings

• Advance settings

• Turn on home page and add the site of your choice as home page.

• Click on save button.
    You will also find an option to turn off searching with Bing here.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Removing Bing as default search engine.

We appreciate the prompt response. In this case, let us check your browser settings and ensure that
    Bing is removed as the default search engine. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open your Firefox browser.
    • Click the Menu icon or the 3 bars icon.
    • Select Options.
    • Select Search.
    • Under Default Search Engine, select your preferred search engine from the drop down list.
    • Once you're done, close the search tab and check if the issue persists.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Isha Soni Win User

Defaults set to Bing

Remove Bing

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Do you want to remove BING from default search, from Internet explorer or Windows search?

To remove Bing from Internet explorer follow the steps:

• Click the gear icon to open the Tools menu.

• Select "Manage Add-ons" from the Tools menu to display your add-ons by type.

• Select "Search Providers" under the add-on type. If Bing is the only search provider listed, you'll have to add another one before you remove Bing. To do this, click "Find more search providers." Click your desired search provider and click "Add to Internet
      Explorer." Select "Make this my default search provider." Restart Internet Explorer and return to the Manage Add-ons menu.

• Select "Bing" and click "Remove."
    Steps for removing Bing search bar:

• For users who have a touch screen device on Windows 8 or Windows 10 you will need to swipe from the right side of the screen to the center to open the charms bar.

Note: For users who have a PC or laptop you need to press and hold the button “Windows” and the button “C” on the keyboard.
    • Left click or tap on the “Settings” icon presented in the “Charms” bar.
    • Left click or tap on the “Change PC settings” feature presented in the “Settings” window.
    • Now in the “Change PC settings” menu you will have to search for “Search & apps” and left click or tap on it.
    • You will have to find in the “Search and apps” menu the “Get search suggestions and web results from Bing” feature and toggle the switch to disable it.

Note: Set the switch to “Off” state.
    • Reboot the Windows 8 or the Windows 10 device and your Bing search bar should be disabled.
    Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Defaults set to Bing

1. Defaults set to Bing - Similar Threads - Defaults set Bing

2. Bing search engine by default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bing search engine by default in Windows 10: One would think that removing a default search engine or the initial page that Windows sets at the start of a session would be a rather simple task, but that does not seem to be the case with the latest update to Windows 10 as of 23 Nov 2020. I'm running my favorite...
  3. how to set Bing as browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to set Bing as browser: i would like to have Bing back as browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-bing-as-browser/80af8861-3b29-40b1-a7fa-483094b0adf8
  4. Search defaults to Bing Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Search defaults to Bing Browser: V 1909 OS Build 18363.752 Sorry if this has been answered- here goes from new Win 10 install: I type in the search box and the default browser is Bing, I've tried a lot of the 'solutions' to try and change the default to Chrome. This is what I've done: 1) Changed default...
  5. Bing search location setting

in Cortana
    Bing search location setting: I am in NM in the USA not uk as Bing searches seem to believe. How to set Bing searches for USA Bing search location? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-search-location-setting/8f935e75-a068-42a2-b278-367a7545decd"
  6. Default weather on Bing is wrong

in Browsers and Email
    Default weather on Bing is wrong: I live in Palm Coast Fl and have its weather as a interest on my Bing Homepage but the homepage also show Ocala Fl apparently as my default location for some reason which is wrong. How do I get rid of the the Ocala weather on my homepage, its not listed as an interest....
  7. Disable BING as default search engine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable BING as default search engine: How do I disable BING from my browser? It pops up on start-up as the default search engine. It's so frustrating. I've gone into menu setting to change, tried the Cortana search settings fix, and it still defaults back to Bing. Have searched the internet over the months...
  8. Bing as my default browser

in Cortana
    Bing as my default browser: I am a Google Chrome user but my laptop starts up slowly and Windows pictures with questions always come up, using Bing. I dont want this added step every time I turn on my laptop, How do I go just to my files right away and bypass this Bing stuff?...
  9. MS Edge: Search Engine defaults to Bing

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge: Search Engine defaults to Bing: Hi, This morning, MS Edge defaults to Bing as the search engine even though the default setting is set to Google. I can't get it to default to Google, even though I am able to manually select Google as the search engine. How can I check if this is a problem with MS Edge or...
  10. Manage search & Bing settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Manage search & Bing settings: we can manage Search setting this may have alread been discussed but i did not see it if it was , Click the search icon/or just start typing into the search box [depends on how you have your search set ] on the taskbar ,click on the 3 small lines top left of the search...