Windows 10: defaultuser0 in User directory

Discus and support defaultuser0 in User directory in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I was digging through my User's folder to get to AppData and came across the 'defaultuser0' user folder present, dunno if it's bug, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KadenRobloxGamer, Dec 21, 2019.

1. defaultuser0 in User directory

defaultuser0 in User directory HyzqeeSMuK6tqpf6GeVgSDBX3fc6nR1VU3_fWgnHADg.jpg

I was digging through my User's folder to get to AppData and came across the 'defaultuser0' user folder present, dunno if it's bug, or Windows didn't delete it after OOBE. Just for clarification, if it was a hidden folder the icon would have slight opacity, which it doesn't. I'll consider this a bug, but I'm not sure what I should flair it as..

https://preview.redd.it/685nhtka906...bp&s=2a93ea994fb2944fef4ea63270b24cccf467bd19

submitted by /u/KadenRobloxGamer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KadenRobloxGamer, Dec 21, 2019

2. Defaultuser0

Hi,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the user account.

Defaultuser0 is a system user profile used when Windows is setting up, before any user accounts have been created. It should and usually does disappear after first reboot after installation. If the profile folder remains in Users folder, it's safe to manually
    delete it.

If you don't need the user account, you can delete it.

Delete the 'DefaultUser0' folder from C:\Users\

Delete the 'DefaultUser0' registry entry from:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\

Click on each of the listed profiles and check the 'ProfielImagePath' entry to verify the associated profile.

Delete the user with net user defaultuser0 /delete

Thank you.

Mark St..., Dec 21, 2019
  3. Get rid of Windows 10 defaultuser0

Hi,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow these steps to remove the user account from your computer and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “netplwiz” press Enter.

• Select the user account (defaultuser0), click the remove button.

Follow the on-screen directions to complete the process. Once this is done restart the pc for the changes to take place.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 21, 2019
  4. defaultuser0 in User directory

Windows 10 defaultuser0

I found the defaultuser0() folder unders the users folder. So I tried to delete it by opening the control panel->user account, but default user0 was not listed in it (But it was showing in cmd-> net user), so I opened netplwiz->advacned and in it, under
    Advanced user management; I clicked on advanced which opened up lusrmgr.

In lusrmgr, under the users list I've deleted the defaultuser0 profile, and then when I checked in the C:\Users folder the defaultuser0 folder was still present. So I shift+deleted the folder, and now my question is will it create any new problems to my
    system ?

After deleting the profile in lusrmgr I also checked the net user command which only showed my account.

Siva DattaBathina, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

defaultuser0 in User directory

1. defaultuser0 in User directory - Similar Threads - defaultuser0 User directory

2. Defaultuser0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defaultuser0: When I reseted windows and reinstalled it back. I loaded in and was on the select a language, I can’t select a language when I can’t use the mouse cursor nor does it show at all in the screen. I went into bios and it works. I went into safe mode went to startup repair but it...
  3. Defaultuser0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Defaultuser0: When I reseted windows and reinstalled it back. I loaded in and was on the select a language, I can’t select a language when I can’t use the mouse cursor nor does it show at all in the screen. I went into bios and it works. I went into safe mode went to startup repair but it...
  4. Defaultuser0

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Defaultuser0: I've just resetted my pc, and i created a user accountnot adminstrative with out realising defaultiser0 was there. I tried to delete it, change the password... but none of them worked it kept saying access denied. And i can't use the built in hidden admin account because i...
  5. Defaultuser0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defaultuser0: I've just resetted my pc, and i created a user accountnot adminstrative with out realising defaultiser0 was there. I tried to delete it, change the password... but none of them worked it kept saying access denied. And i can't use the built in hidden admin account because i...
  6. Defaultuser0

7. Defaultuser0

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Defaultuser0: Hi, I recently did a full clean on my lenovo laptop and it removed my profile and replaced it with defaultuser0. I've looked at the way to fix this and none are working. Restarting it several times did not work, doing the full removal did not work and when I try the safemode...
  8. Defaultuser0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defaultuser0: Hi, I recently did a full clean on my lenovo laptop and it removed my profile and replaced it with defaultuser0. I've looked at the way to fix this and none are working. Restarting it several times did not work, doing the full removal did not work and when I try the safemode...
  9. Defaultuser0

10. defaultuser0

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    defaultuser0: Admin How do I clear the hacker configuration? I've been running a lot of windows all the time. 7 months ago I deleted the disk several times but the original configuration is still there. Please guide me. 170707