Windows 10: DefaultUserName in Regedit

Discus and support DefaultUserName in Regedit in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was wondering, what would happen if I modified the DefaultUserName string in the Registry Editor without changing AutoAdminLogon or DefaultPassword?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jaqamz, Feb 23, 2019.

1. jaqamz Win User

DefaultUserName in Regedit

I was wondering, what would happen if I modified the DefaultUserName string in the Registry Editor without changing AutoAdminLogon or DefaultPassword? Would it make the login screen display whatever username I entered into DefaultUserName?

I would try for myself to see what happens but I don't want to damage the computer, so if you know the answer please help me?

:)

jaqamz, Feb 23, 2019

2. WOUtempadmin

• Run "regedit"

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
    • Change DefaultUserName to your default user
    • delete AutoAdminLogin
    • Press F3 and search for any entry containing "woutemplogin" and delete it as long as the searchphrase can't be found any more

That's it.

Rahn-Media, Feb 23, 2019
  3. RDrewD2 Win User
    How to find--regedit

Just type regedit in your search Windows/Cortana box and hit return, or click it at the top of the results list.
    Or hit Windows key + R and in the box, type
    regedit and hit return or OK. Or in file explorer click to This PC> C:> Windows> regedit.

RDrewD2, Feb 23, 2019
  4. DefaultUserName in Regedit

difference in regedit than the instructions

oh boy
    you better explain that one to me

i just followed your steps to get me C:\User\Frank
    never did anything else in regedit

njnitehawk, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

DefaultUserName in Regedit

1. DefaultUserName in Regedit - Similar Threads - DefaultUserName Regedit

2. Windows .exe file association is broken - every program including cmd, regedit, notepad,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows .exe file association is broken - every program including cmd, regedit, notepad,...: I accidentally changed my default exe file opener to Adobe Acrobat, when I ran the .exe file it appeared select an app to open this .exe file. when I run regedit, cmd, notepad and taskmgr it shows application not found how do i solve it?...
  3. Windows .exe file association is broken - every program including cmd, regedit, notepad,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows .exe file association is broken - every program including cmd, regedit, notepad,...: I accidentally changed my default exe file opener to Adobe Acrobat, when I ran the .exe file it appeared select an app to open this .exe file. when I run regedit, cmd, notepad and taskmgr it shows application not found how do i solve it?...
  4. Regedit Windows 11 Home - Disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regedit Windows 11 Home - Disabled: Hello Everyone,Been using Win 11 for a while.Need to edit the Registry to get the extended Properties Menu that's helpfully been removed by Microsoft as the default setting.The problem is that Regedit will no longer permit modification of the appropriate keyHave tried the...
  5. Regedit Windows 11 Home - Disabled

Regedit Windows 11 Home - Disabled: Hello Everyone,Been using Win 11 for a while.Need to edit the Registry to get the extended Properties Menu that's helpfully been removed by Microsoft as the default setting.The problem is that Regedit will no longer permit modification of the appropriate keyHave tried the...
  6. Hey I want to enable the home key in windows Regedit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey I want to enable the home key in windows Regedit?: Hi I used this tutorial a while ago and it worked but now I want to revert back to normal on this regedit so my Home button works again.Here is the tutorial I used for disabling the Home button, now I want it to work, please help!...
  7. Hey I want to enable the home key in windows Regedit?

Hey I want to enable the home key in windows Regedit?: Hi I used this tutorial a while ago and it worked but now I want to revert back to normal on this regedit so my Home button works again.Here is the tutorial I used for disabling the Home button, now I want it to work, please help!...
  8. I tried to delete some regedit files, but now all search engines say they have privacy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried to delete some regedit files, but now all search engines say they have privacy...: Hello, I deleted some registry files to try to remove the "some settings are managed by admin." Now, when I search anything on any browser, it says I have a privacy error without HTTPS. What can I do to fix it? Thank you....
  9. I tried to delete some regedit files, but now all search engines say they have privacy...

I tried to delete some regedit files, but now all search engines say they have privacy...: Hello, I deleted some registry files to try to remove the "some settings are managed by admin." Now, when I search anything on any browser, it says I have a privacy error without HTTPS. What can I do to fix it? Thank you....
  10. Regedit Error in WinRE

Regedit Error in WinRE: I am trying to turn off the built in admin by going through WinRE since the normal way lusrmgr, cmd, powershell, etc. doesn't work and I don't have admin privileges. It keeps on giving me an error where it says that the process is in use by another process. I am trying to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. regedit default username

2. regedit defaultusername

3. defaultusername regedit

4. get current login user regedit,
  5. regedit default user name,
  6. regedit default username missing,
  7. regedt missing defaultusername,
  8. regedit default user,
  9. DefaulUsername windows regedit,
  10. windows 10 defaultusername reg,
  11. defaultusernames regedit,