Windows 10: Defect in RAM detection

Discus and support Defect in RAM detection in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello All, I have an assembled Windows CPU that I am using since one year. It has a ram of 128GB. I usually use it to play games. Last night I realised... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnandRamani1, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Defect in RAM detection

Hello All, I have an assembled Windows CPU that I am using since one year. It has a ram of 128GB. I usually use it to play games. Last night I realised that one of the game that I played was running slow and so I checked the system info. There ir showed that installed ram 16.GB. This is not correct because before I have seen 128GB here. Something has changed here. I dont understand if this is a hardware or software issue since I have 8x16GB slots and cant assume that all went bad. It would be great if I can get some help here to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance!!

:)

AnandRamani1, Dec 30, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 30, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Ram problems

Hi,

To better assist you, please answer the questions below.

• What is the full specifications of your computer?
    • Which type of RAM are you trying to install?
    • Have you checked if the total RAM is detected in the BIOS?
    • Have you tried installing just the 8 Gb RAM and see if the system detects it?

We suggest that you contact the computer manufacturer for information on how to enter the BIOS and how to set the default settings. Also, you can ask them if there is an available update for the BIOS.

We're looking forward to your response.

Mark Ole, Dec 30, 2020
  4. Defect in RAM detection

To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin Defect in RAM detection :D

DrunkenMafia, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Defect in RAM detection

1. Defect in RAM detection - Similar Threads - Defect RAM detection

2. Defective ram stick removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defective ram stick removed: Hello, i have problems with my computer.I have removed two defects sticks of RAM of my computer making it to 64go to 32go. I have ryzen 9 3900x with 3090 and my Computer is still running slow.Can someone help me out. Thanks...
  3. Defective ram stick removed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defective ram stick removed: Hello, i have problems with my computer.I have removed two defects sticks of RAM of my computer making it to 64go to 32go. I have ryzen 9 3900x with 3090 and my Computer is still running slow.Can someone help me out. Thanks...
  4. Blacklisting defective RAM region

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blacklisting defective RAM region: I have a question on how to actually blacklist a bad region in RAM in Windows 10.I came across this Microsoft Docs page that mentions that now I have to make a binary value in registry that is an array of 64bit little endian integers representing the bad RAM pages.Or can I do...
  5. Blacklisting defective RAM region

Blacklisting defective RAM region: I have a question on how to actually blacklist a bad region in RAM in Windows 10.I came across this Microsoft Docs page that mentions that now I have to make a binary value in registry that is an array of 64bit little endian integers representing the bad RAM pages.Or can I do...
  6. Blacklisting defective RAM region

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. RAM not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM not detected: Recently I bought a new 4GB DDR4 RAM stick for my pc with the hope of doubling it, previously I had one 4GB stick. I bought the same brand same model RAM Crucial Basics 4GB DDR4 RAM, model number: CB4GU2666. When I installed it into the other memory slot of the motherboard...
  8. RAM not detected

RAM not detected: Recently I bought a new 4GB DDR4 RAM stick for my pc with the hope of doubling it, previously I had one 4GB stick. I bought the same brand same model RAM Crucial Basics 4GB DDR4 RAM, model number: CB4GU2666. When I installed it into the other memory slot of the motherboard...
  9. Ram not detected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram not detected: I recently added more Ram sticks to my PC. When I check task manager it says "1 or 4" yet I have 3 slots in use and I know that they all work. Anyone have any idea why this issue is accruing and what the solution is for it?...
  10. RAM upgrade not detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    RAM upgrade not detected: I have a mac book pro that I boot to Windows 10 - I upgrade the memory to 8mb, but it is not being recognized. When I boot to the mac side it is recognized. So I know it if not a hardware issue - I've already tried to go through the msconfig and checked the advanced and...