Windows 10: Defect with chkdsk - rel 1803 with latest updates

Discus and support Defect with chkdsk - rel 1803 with latest updates in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi folks Trying chkdsk C: /r (as administrator) you get prompt do you want to run it at next restart. W10 X-64 PRO 1803 latest updates. OK restart -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jimbo45, Oct 12, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Defect with chkdsk - rel 1803 with latest updates

Hi folks
    Trying chkdsk C: /r (as administrator) you get prompt do you want to run it at next restart.

W10 X-64 PRO 1803 latest updates.

OK restart - you see message hit any key to skip disk check
    then you just get the logon screen in almost milliseconds - no log / console display etc and - and the chkdsk hasn't been done.

With KYHI's recovery disk the program works fine .

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 12, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 13, 2018
  3. kastriot Win User
    kastriot, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Defect with chkdsk - rel 1803 with latest updates

update 1803

Hi mian muddassir inayat,

There are certain laptop models and computer components that are not fully compatible with the latest Windows version (Windows 1803). Our developers are aware of this and may release an update to address the issue as soon as possible. With that said, we do
    not suggest to force upgrade a device that has compatibility issues. Please answer the following so we can check for options on how we can help you with your concern:

• What is the make and model of your PC?
    • How did you upgrade your computer to Windows 1803?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Do you have a 3rd party antivirus installed on your PC?

Normally, if your PC meets the requirements for the upgrade, it will be offered to you. If your PC doesn't have an incompatible hardware, then we can proceed with troubleshooting steps.

Gemzon Mar, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Defect with chkdsk - rel 1803 with latest updates

1. Defect with chkdsk - rel 1803 with latest updates - Similar Threads - Defect chkdsk rel

2. Defect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defect: I scaned and cleaned my computer because something wasn't right. And here is the result of that scan. https://www.windows.com/stopcodePAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA....NTFS.SYS....I haven't a clue of what to do and when I looked it up on search it got even more confusing. Can...
  3. Windows 10 Version 1803 refuses to update to the latest version.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Version 1803 refuses to update to the latest version.: A few months ago, I had managed to recover a laptop I used to use before it fell into what could best be discribed as a comatose state from an accidental spil, ever since then I have been trying to update Windows 10 to 21H2, only for each attempt to fail on me and revert back...
  4. Windows 10 update 1803 to latest version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update 1803 to latest version: I was trying to install windows update for my Windows 10 version 1803 and every time it start to install it get freeze on 48% and I have to shut off the computer and restart it to undo the update installation. tried to get the update manually with windows 10 update assistant...
  5. After Latest updates on 1803 Task Manager 'hogs' the focus

After Latest updates on 1803 Task Manager 'hogs' the focus: Hi All, The other day my W10 Pro got an new batch of updates and they installed automatically. Before those updates I could simply change windows by clicking in any window and this would bring it to the front. It still does this, UNLESS I happen to have Task Manager...
  6. Defect with chkdsk - rel 1803 with latest updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Defect with chkdsk - rel 1803 with latest updates: Hi folks Trying chkdsk C: /r (as administrator) you get prompt do you want to run it at next restart. W10 X-64 PRO 1803 latest updates. OK restart - you see message hit any key to skip disk check then you just get the logon screen in almost milliseconds - no log / console...
  7. Latest windows 10 pro update fails to install 1803

Latest windows 10 pro update fails to install 1803: What is happening when I get this in my update history-"Feature update to Windows 10 version 1803-failed to install on 7/10/2018-)x8007042b?...
  8. since latest update 1803 getting devicecensus errors

in Windows 10 Support
    since latest update 1803 getting devicecensus errors: Since I updated to 1803 i have been getting devicecensus.exe errors in the reliability and problem history. Have no idea where this is coming from though some people suggest that it is linked to anti-virus programs. I am running Windows Defender and Malwarebytes (paid...
  9. Radeon 6450 and latest 1803 feature update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Radeon 6450 and latest 1803 feature update: My old machine is HP P6007 with onboard Radeon 4200 graphics on the mobo and an MSI Radeon 6450 graphics card. It was working fine with initial release 1803. I was away last week and the latest feature update caused my display to be very pixelated and unusable. I fixed it by...
  10. Latest update for 1803 bricked my laptop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update for 1803 bricked my laptop.: There were two updates waiting for me today. An NVIDIA update which installed OK and the laptop ran fine afterwards, then an update for Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I left it to update and reboot and then I came back to a BSOD. I restarted and I got a message 'Diagnosing PC' then a...