Windows 10: Defective cursor

Discus and support Defective cursor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i am a windows 10 user on a Dell Inspiron 3000 i5 laptop. i recently bought and started using a wireless mouse. of late i have noted that sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by leemok, Feb 6, 2019.

1. leemok Win User

Defective cursor

i am a windows 10 user on a Dell Inspiron 3000 i5 laptop.

i recently bought and started using a wireless mouse. of late i have noted that sometimes the cursor just moves up the desktop on its own. while this has not caused any problems as yet im curious as to what could be causing this and what it could lead to. how do i stop this?

:)

leemok, Feb 6, 2019
  2. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Cursor

Hi Peter,

Unstable mouse cursors can be caused by outdated drivers, dirt inside the mouse, and more. To make your cursor work properly again, we recommend that you refer to this

article
    which lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for mouse issues.

Update us if the steps in the article helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Arnie Est Win User

Defective cursor

Is there a key to delete character ahead of the cursor?

Hello Stephen,

As of the moment, deleting the characters next to the cursor is unavailable. You can only delete characters by moving the cursor to the right side. You can always send a suggestion via Feedback Hub app so that it can be added or included on the next update.

To send a feedback on your phone, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details of the feature you want to be added on Windows phone.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need more help, feel free to ask the Community.

Arnie Est, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Defective cursor

1. Defective cursor - Similar Threads - Defective cursor

2. USBC dual montitor issue, and THEN Microsoft Community is defective - can NOT even sort...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USBC dual montitor issue, and THEN Microsoft Community is defective - can NOT even sort...: I have an issue, LIKE SO MANY OTHERS, wherein all along something worked UNTIL it didn't...USBC Hub with monitors FOR A BUSINESS LAPTOP, just quit recognizing monitors one day in April 2024 - M1 MacPro works as it always has, while an HP Home computer is fine. Yet somehow a...
  3. USBC dual montitor issue, and THEN Microsoft Community is defective - can NOT even sort...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USBC dual montitor issue, and THEN Microsoft Community is defective - can NOT even sort...: I have an issue, LIKE SO MANY OTHERS, wherein all along something worked UNTIL it didn't...USBC Hub with monitors FOR A BUSINESS LAPTOP, just quit recognizing monitors one day in April 2024 - M1 MacPro works as it always has, while an HP Home computer is fine. Yet somehow a...
  4. Windows defect report: Laptop goes to sleep mode after a couple of seconds after it turns...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows defect report: Laptop goes to sleep mode after a couple of seconds after it turns...: Cause: As i have tried many ways to solve this problem that came after I change the settings in Edit power plan and still it is not solvable. Way to repeat the bug: 1. Open Edit power Plan > Path:Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings2. Turn Off...
  5. Dell technician replaced defective laptop board and bitlocker recovery key is not found on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell technician replaced defective laptop board and bitlocker recovery key is not found on...: Dell technician replaced defective motherboard and the system is saying no bitlocker recovery key is found on my laptop. I need help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-technician-replaced-defective-laptop-board/cc2abd43-4b60-403f-a5f0-3c40fdf4d129
  6. Dell technician replaced defective laptop board and bitlocker recovery key is not found on...

Dell technician replaced defective laptop board and bitlocker recovery key is not found on...: Dell technician replaced defective motherboard and the system is saying no bitlocker recovery key is found on my laptop. I need help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-technician-replaced-defective-laptop-board/cc2abd43-4b60-403f-a5f0-3c40fdf4d129
  7. Defective PrintScreen capturing function missing a 3-pixels column on the left

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defective PrintScreen capturing function missing a 3-pixels column on the left: Hi Community, on my laptop the [Prt Scr] / [Stamp] function has turned defective since 2-3 months.PC CHARACTERISTICSI run a HP Envy 15-ep0 laptop since +2 years. ---------------------------------HP Envy 15-ep0 laptop Processore IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59...
  8. Defective PrintScreen capturing function missing a 3-pixels column on the left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defective PrintScreen capturing function missing a 3-pixels column on the left: Hi Community, on my laptop the [Prt Scr] / [Stamp] function has turned defective since 2-3 months.PC CHARACTERISTICSI run a HP Envy 15-ep0 laptop since +2 years. ---------------------------------HP Envy 15-ep0 laptop Processore IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59...
  9. Defective PrintScreen capturing function missing a 3-pixels column on the left

10. Defective ram stick removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defective ram stick removed: Hello, i have problems with my computer.I have removed two defects sticks of RAM of my computer making it to 64go to 32go. I have ryzen 9 3900x with 3090 and my Computer is still running slow.Can someone help me out. Thanks...