Windows 10: Defective drivers in device manager.

Discus and support Defective drivers in device manager. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to install a driver for a Wacom tablet. The driver will not install properly. In device manager I have 4 error drivers which I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jgmacdonald, May 21, 2019.

1. Defective drivers in device manager.

I am trying to install a driver for a Wacom tablet. The driver will not install properly. In device manager I have 4 error drivers which I cannot delete. I can delete them but upon restart they show up again. Disabled all start up programs and still they show up again on restart.

:)

jgmacdonald, May 21, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, May 21, 2019
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    USB microphone show up under "Other Devices" in the Device Manager

Hi Luke,

We suggest that you update the device driver. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select
      it from the list of results.

• Expand the category where your device is located, then right-click on the name of your device, and select Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If updating the device driver doesn't work, we suggest that you reinstall the driver:

• Open Device Manager.

• Right-click on the name of the device.

• Select Uninstall.

• Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, May 21, 2019
  4. Defective drivers in device manager.

Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Defective drivers in device manager.

1. Defective drivers in device manager. - Similar Threads - Defective drivers device

2. No microphone driver in device manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No microphone driver in device manager?: I uninstalled my audio from the device manager, so I reinstalled it through the Realtek website version 2.82. I have an HP EliteBook 840 G7. Under audio output/ inputs in the device manager, my internal microphone is now missing microphone array. I assumed the internal...
  3. device manager missing driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    device manager missing driver: last week i installed a m.2 nvme ssd to my laptop i noticed today that Pci data aquisition and signal processing controller driver is missing what should i do?...
  4. device manager missing driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    device manager missing driver: last week i installed a m.2 nvme ssd to my laptop i noticed today that Pci data aquisition and signal processing controller driver is missing what should i do?...
  5. Nividia driver in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nividia driver in device manager: HiSo I have a problem I have uninstall nividia driver from device manager as the driver was making window crash alot. After I uninstall it. I reboot my laptop as I thought window will install it correctly and window will stop giving me blue screen telling me of an error and...
  6. Nividia driver in device manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nividia driver in device manager: HiSo I have a problem I have uninstall nividia driver from device manager as the driver was making window crash alot. After I uninstall it. I reboot my laptop as I thought window will install it correctly and window will stop giving me blue screen telling me of an error and...
  7. Device Manager - Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager - Drivers: My newly purchased USB3 connected powers up when connected but nothing happens and when I check in DM I find the DVD/CD-ROM category does not appear in my device manager....
  8. No bluetooth driver in device manager

No bluetooth driver in device manager: I tried to turn Bluetooth on and off and then the switch icon was no longer there I looked in device manager even under hidden devices but there is no Bluetooth icons anywhere....
  9. Portable Device driver in the Device Manager

Portable Device driver in the Device Manager: Can anyone explain why Windows 10 does not have a portable device driver in Windows 10? I'm trying to connect my Cannon Rebel XT camera to my new laptop (Insprion 15-3252). I thought it was now suppose to work through the USB port drivers but I have uploaded all the latest...
  10. Drivers are missing in Device Manager.

Drivers are missing in Device Manager.: My others devices are missing in device manager and giving me an unknown device.Pus i don't find sm bus controller in device manager after windows 10 update version 1709.This issue happened after one month suddenly.I had all the windows not functioning suddenly after...