Windows 10: Defective GPU

Discus and support Defective GPU in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an acer nitro 5 AN515-43. Unfortunately the GPU is damaged or defective and my laptop is also out of warranty. Right now i've disabled the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by shivansh€upta, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Defective GPU

I have an acer nitro 5 AN515-43. Unfortunately the GPU is damaged or defective and my laptop is also out of warranty. Right now i've disabled the dedicated GPU driver and using the integrated one.I need guidance on what should i do.Thanks in advanceShivansh

:)

shivansh€upta, Aug 26, 2021
  2. axe0 Win User

B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

3. Screen Glitches on MSI GS65 (Defective GPU)

Update:

The laptop has been returned / exchanged.

The technician that inspected the device upon return had seen the issue before, and chalked it up to either a bad solder job on the GPU, or a defective GPU. (common with RTX 2060)

Thank you both for your help.

A big ball of earwax, Aug 26, 2021
  4. Defective GPU

How to perform a clean install on a notebok with bad / defected GPU

I have MacBook Pro late 2011 on which i wish to install Windows 10 via bootcamp. The problem that i have is that the integrated GPU defected. I was able to isolate the GPU on IOS and I am using the laptop for quite a while with the main Intel integrated
    video card. However when the installation starts Windows 10 starts the defected GPU card and i receive a black screen. MacBook does not have BIOS from where i can disable the GPU card. Is there any workaround this problem?

TsvetanPetrakiev, Aug 26, 2021
Thema:

Defective GPU

1. Defective GPU - Similar Threads - Defective GPU

2. USBC dual montitor issue, and THEN Microsoft Community is defective - can NOT even sort...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USBC dual montitor issue, and THEN Microsoft Community is defective - can NOT even sort...: I have an issue, LIKE SO MANY OTHERS, wherein all along something worked UNTIL it didn't...USBC Hub with monitors FOR A BUSINESS LAPTOP, just quit recognizing monitors one day in April 2024 - M1 MacPro works as it always has, while an HP Home computer is fine. Yet somehow a...
  3. USBC dual montitor issue, and THEN Microsoft Community is defective - can NOT even sort...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USBC dual montitor issue, and THEN Microsoft Community is defective - can NOT even sort...: I have an issue, LIKE SO MANY OTHERS, wherein all along something worked UNTIL it didn't...USBC Hub with monitors FOR A BUSINESS LAPTOP, just quit recognizing monitors one day in April 2024 - M1 MacPro works as it always has, while an HP Home computer is fine. Yet somehow a...
  4. Windows defect report: Laptop goes to sleep mode after a couple of seconds after it turns...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows defect report: Laptop goes to sleep mode after a couple of seconds after it turns...: Cause: As i have tried many ways to solve this problem that came after I change the settings in Edit power plan and still it is not solvable. Way to repeat the bug: 1. Open Edit power Plan > Path:Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings2. Turn Off...
  5. I’m having artifacting issues in just two games. Is my GPU defective?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I’m having artifacting issues in just two games. Is my GPU defective?: Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XpTZNc I’m getting some strange graphics bugs in Rage 2 with a 6800 XT. I have the latest Windows 10 version, the latest GPU drivers, and the latest chipset drivers from my ASUS TUF GAMING B650 site: [MEDIA]Is my GPU defective? This is...
  6. I’m having artifacting issues in just two games. Is my GPU defective?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m having artifacting issues in just two games. Is my GPU defective?: Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XpTZNc I’m getting some strange graphics bugs in Rage 2 with a 6800 XT. I have the latest Windows 10 version, the latest GPU drivers, and the latest chipset drivers from my ASUS TUF GAMING B650 site: [MEDIA]Is my GPU defective? This is...
  7. I’m having artifacting issues in just two games. Is my GPU defective?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to perform a clean install on a notebok with bad / defected GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to perform a clean install on a notebok with bad / defected GPU: I have MacBook Pro late 2011 on which i wish to install Windows 10 via bootcamp. The problem that i have is that the integrated GPU defected. I was able to isolate the GPU on IOS and I am using the laptop for quite a while with the main Intel integrated video card. However...
  9. New PC build - Defect GPU?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New PC build - Defect GPU?: Hello! after Posting multiple threads in the official amd Forum & support without getting any answers. I'm trying my luck here. I'm a NVIDIA user but because of the market boom of AMD Im proud to get a Radeon 5700. So I changed my graphicscard + Mainboard + CPU to AMD. Ryzen...
  10. defective gpu or faulty psu?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    defective gpu or faulty psu?: I built a gaming pc last month and everything works except for playing games, everytime I try to play a game I get a red screen of death within the first 10-15 minutes. I have gotton support from the developers of the games and I have troubleshooted just about everything...