Windows 10: Defective keyboard

Discus and support Defective keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Issue: defective MS keyboard, case # 15 15 13 58 86. Although I handle my MS Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard gentlyalways wash my hands carefully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KenKarapetian, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Defective keyboard

Issue: defective MS keyboard, case # 15 15 13 58 86. Although I handle my MS Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard gentlyalways wash my hands carefully before and after typing, my keyboard falls apart e.g., soft rubberpart is coming out from underneath, torn; etc.

So I called Microsoft’s different divisions - Tech Support,Customer service, Sales, etc. – no one seemsto understand what’s happening.

On Dec. 24.A supervisor understood the problem and promised solve it by staying on top ofit. Someone will call me”, she said, to fix the problem, and she the supervisorherself will follow the casae closely; will call me back on Jan. 7 to make sure the problems I sbeingsolved. No one calls me back.

I called Microsoft again on Feb. 11, was hung up on after talking on the phone for a verylong time.

Tried to call MS a number of times, didn’t get anywhere. Mostof the times, the MS employees overseas in Central America, Philippines, etc.hung up on me after I spent anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes with them on the phone:they supposedly try to help me, but apparently still do not know how to handlesimple telephone systems.

So, on March 25,at 3:28, three months aftermy last conversation with them on Jan. 24,I called again. Talked to a person in El Salvador who was not able even tospell her name for me; after speaking with me for about 19 minutes, agreed to give me her supervisor. Supervisor,Maurice, MS employee ID #: 10968as he told me agreed to put me through Tech. Support a division of which apparentlyhandles hardware issues. I asked Maurice to stay with me on the line, to makesure that this time they don’t hang up on me again. Maurice agreed, and on the 12-th minute of our conversation,hung up on me. Again.

Called Maurice, at 877696 – 77 86 / 800 642 7676. A lady picked up, said that Mauricecannot talk to me.

Continuedcalling Microsoft. March 25,at 4:27 p.m.: Alice, a supervisor, saysthat she is not allowed to give me her employee ID. At 4: 30 she transferred me to the “right department.”

March 25,at 4: 32: Mary, from Tech Supportin Managua, Nicaragua, picked up. Told me her employee ID was gem_mary. At 4:55 i.e., on the 23-th minute of our conversation we found out that Maryworks in the wrong department; her colleagues transferred me to “Surface” department.Tries to put me through the right department. At 5:01hangs up on me. 5:02: Mary callsme back. Again hangs up on me – for the second time in this one conversation, onthe 2-nd minute of third our conversation.

March 25,at 5:12: Jan, inPhilippines; employee #: 101473038.Jan is escalatingthe case. Will call me in 2 to 3 business days; Tuesday March 30 latest. Newcase #: 1520367232 How to reach her if she does notcall me back? No direct number. I AM SICK AND TIRED. SPENT $129 + TAX / SHIPPING, ETC. ON THE MS SCULPT KEYBOARD, WHEN COULD HAVE BOUGHT ONE FOR 15 BUCKS. USUALLY MICROSOFT PRODUCATS ARE OF VERY HIGH QUALITY, BUT THIS ONE STINKS, AND NOONE CARES. I AM TRULY SICK AND TIRED. ABSOLUTE SHAME. Does anyone know how to reach the MS Team in the US - not in Asia, Central America, etc.? Ken K.

:)

KenKarapetian, Mar 25, 2021

2. keyboard does not work in search, can't type in windows search box.

If you already used your keyboard on different devices and the same issue happened, then basically, the main issue here is the keyboard itself. There's a possibility that the keyboard is defective or it has a bad driver.

We suggest that you try these steps and see if it helps:

Step 1: File Signature Verification Tool.

• Press Windows key + R to open the run command.l
    • Type sigverif.exe and press enter.
    • Check if you see a list of unsigned drivers.

Step 2: Scan for hardware changes.

• Press Windows key + R to open the run command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand computer and highlight the extension.
    • There will be an icon to scan for hardware changes right below
      help.

Step 3: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

• Press the Windows + X, and click on Search.
    • Type troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 4: Update keyboard driver.

• Click the Start button and enter Windows Update.
    • In the left pane, click on Check for Updates.
    • On the Select the updates you want to install page, select the drivers you want to install.

Once done, check if the same issue persists and try using different keyboard on the same PC you used. If everything works fine using a different keyboard, it means that the first keyboard is defective.

If you need further help, please send us more information so we can assist you better.

Acelyn Alc, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Defective keyboard

My keyboard quit working

Hi,

It is possible that your keyboard may be unresponsive due to outdated drivers or it is defective. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried connecting your keyboard to another computer and check if the issue still persist?
    • Have you tried using another keyboard and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check, read and follow the steps this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows.
    It will let you check your hardware, wireless connection, and the device. You may also perform the instructions for Hardware Troubleshooter Drivers to download, install, and update driver.

Feel free to post back if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Defective keyboard

1. Defective keyboard - Similar Threads - Defective keyboard

2. How to get warranty on defective mouse-keyboard bundle?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get warranty on defective mouse-keyboard bundle?: Hello! When i go to the site to check warranty:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/warrantyIt says "To check the warranty status for Microsoft accessories like mice, keyboards, cameras, or headsets, contact us.". The last part is a link, which takes you...
  3. How to get warranty on defective mouse-keyboard bundle?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get warranty on defective mouse-keyboard bundle?: Hello! When i go to the site to check warranty:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/warrantyIt says "To check the warranty status for Microsoft accessories like mice, keyboards, cameras, or headsets, contact us.". The last part is a link, which takes you...
  4. How to get warranty on defective mouse-keyboard bundle?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. defective keyboards and mice

defective keyboards and mice: We have multiple wireless keyboards/mice that have mismatched dongles for the keyboards/mice like there was a bad lot of them we are a business with a lot of them that do not work. How can we get them replaced I am not able to open a case to get them addressed or swapped out....
  6. defective keyboards and mice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    defective keyboards and mice: We have multiple wireless keyboards/mice that have mismatched dongles for the keyboards/mice like there was a bad lot of them we are a business with a lot of them that do not work. How can we get them replaced I am not able to open a case to get them addressed or swapped out....
  7. defective keyboards and mice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. MS Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard & Mouse Bundle DEFECTIVE

MS Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard & Mouse Bundle DEFECTIVE: After several months of use the KEYBOARD IS UNUSABLE. It doesn't connect right away when I begin typing and so it misses the first few characters, it sometimes doesn't connect at all and I have to shake it, and when it does connect it often skips characters.It is DEFECTIVE! I...
  9. Microsoft Folded keyboard DEFECT??

Microsoft Folded keyboard DEFECT??: Hi, I've en using Microsoft Folded keyboard for more than 1 year and very satisfied with the product. However last night I suspected a defect on the device. The left part of the keyboard is not working at all all buttons!. Is there any way to fix this? pls help :...
  10. Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000 defective USB Wireless Transceiver (Not from Earth...

Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000 defective USB Wireless Transceiver (Not from Earth...: As noted by others Keyboard stops working or you get weird stuff on the screen writing or like me Left Shift Key and Microsoft Groove activates. It's the USB Transceiver. Three PCs all the same. Second 5000 set up works fine on all three PCs. You'll find in the control...