Windows 10: Defective Microsoft driver forced on me now it will not let me replace with a driver that works

Discus and support Defective Microsoft driver forced on me now it will not let me replace with a driver that works in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This issue is forced updates and defective drivers .I have win 10 on an asrock am3 system . The sound driver that came with MB works fine .Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RAC4433, Aug 9, 2022.

1. RAC4433 Win User

Defective Microsoft driver forced on me now it will not let me replace with a driver that works

This issue is forced updates and defective drivers .I have win 10 on an asrock am3 system . The sound driver that came with MB works fine .Microsoft **** update replaces it with a garbage driver that does not work .Who are you people telling me I can’t put the driver I **** WANT THAT WORKS ?This garbage piece of **** windows update cannot be turned off and it will not allow the removal of its garbage drivers with drivers that work .THE COMPUTER BELONGS TO ME , NOT MICROSOFT .For a while I just replaced Microsoft’s junk driver ,. Now it will not allow it .**** YOUR **** SOFTWARE SUCKS .

:)

RAC4433, Aug 9, 2022

2. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 9, 2022
  3. PhysX Driver that Works on all Capable GPUs to be out by August

The drivers should work... I'd suggest throwing it to Pagalms or the GTX 260/280 teaser driver thread... I know there is a list somewhere for it. All you need is the modded .inf file. But, Driver 177.66 don't need the modded .inf... Just go to Guru3d and grab them and install.

Cold Storm, Aug 9, 2022
  4. STecs2020 Win User

Defective Microsoft driver forced on me now it will not let me replace with a driver that works

Forced Windows 10 Update Automatically Installing Defective Drivers (Endless Loop)

Windows is automatically updating and installing defective drivers, whenever I connect to the Internet.

Device: Fujitsu Tablet PC

OS: Windows 10 Home (So it is not possible to defer updates as in Pro editions, although that would not help for drivers)

Drivers: Wacom For Touch and Pen Input

Defective Drivers stop the touch screen and pen from working.

Working Drivers: Wacom Two Finger Touch (7/19/2009) version - 3.0.2.1

Defective Drivers: Wacom Device 5/29/2015 Version - 7.3.1.1

I followed the steps in support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930However that just leads to an endless loop

"Show or hide updates" troubleshooter (wushowhide.exe) require me to connect to the internet connection to identify which drivers to block.

If I don't connect to the internet: There are no updates available to Hide.

If I connect to the internet: Defective drivers are installed before the Troubleshooter can finish scan for Updates to hide.

I have tried several combination, such as uninstalling defective drive when troubleshooter is working or right before trouble shooter is working. I have also tried disable windows update services and then running the troubleshooter, however nothing works.
    I have been able to make the troubleshooter proceed fully with the scan and hide drive update without the updating to defective drives, however after the computer restarts the update occurs regardless.

Please fix this issue.

Please do not respond to this message with things that I have already stated do not work unless Microsoft changes something. Please do not pay me lip service. Do not post Useless links and make this thread unnecessary long. Only post valid solutions.

Honorable Mentions of Useless / Dumb Answers:

Niranjan Manjhi posting a link to outdated windows 7/8.1 thread that clearly does not apply

STecs2020, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

1. Defective Microsoft driver forced on me now it will not let me replace with a driver that works - Similar Threads - Defective Microsoft driver

2. Windows will not let me install a driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will not let me install a driver: Windows 10 will not let me reinstall/update the Intel 6 series/C200 series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller driver it says a the driver installation file is missing a necessary entry, I am at a total loss as to where to go from here.Any help would be greatly...
  3. Windows will not let me install a driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows will not let me install a driver: Windows 10 will not let me reinstall/update the Intel 6 series/C200 series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller driver it says a the driver installation file is missing a necessary entry, I am at a total loss as to where to go from here.Any help would be greatly...
  4. Windows will not let me install a driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. onedrive will not let me replace account

onedrive will not let me replace account: one drive will never let me replace the account previously on device. old account has bee logged out of for a long time now and removed repeatedly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-will-not-let-me-replace-account/5d2d441f-6d3b-47f1-8d4b-54f5c476e55b
  6. Defective Microsoft driver forced on me now it will not let me replace with a driver that works

Defective Microsoft driver forced on me now it will not let me replace with a driver that works: This issue is forced updates and defective drivers .I have win 10 on an asrock am3 system . The sound driver that came with MB works fine .Microsoft **** update replaces it with a garbage driver that does not work .Who are you people telling me I can’t put the driver I ****...
  7. Defective Microsoft driver forced on me now it will not let me replace with a driver that works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defective Microsoft driver forced on me now it will not let me replace with a driver that works: This issue is forced updates and defective drivers .I have win 10 on an asrock am3 system . The sound driver that came with MB works fine .Microsoft **** update replaces it with a garbage driver that does not work .Who are you people telling me I can’t put the driver I ****...
  8. Driver D not letting me do anything with it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver D not letting me do anything with it.: When i go to use my drive in anyway it wont let me do anything at all with it eg storing games, ive tried many fixes but none are doing anything. What ways is there to fix this. happened in both windows 10 and 11 and has been the same for months...
  9. Driver D not letting me do anything with it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver D not letting me do anything with it.: When i go to use my drive in anyway it wont let me do anything at all with it eg storing games, ive tried many fixes but none are doing anything. What ways is there to fix this. happened in both windows 10 and 11 and has been the same for months...
  10. Windows Wont Let Me Update Driver

Windows Wont Let Me Update Driver: I use Driver Easy to update my drivers. Today it had 2 Realtek drivers that needed updating. One updated without problem. The other won't update. What I mean to say is windows won't let me update. It says the best driver is already installed. How can I force windows to accept...