Windows 10: Defective SSD?

Discus and support Defective SSD? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. Decided to check the BIOS. Found this information regarding the SSD. Is this a problem? Readings are the same on all three drives. [IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GabrielFE, Jun 9, 2020.

1. GabrielFE Win User

Defective SSD?

GabrielFE, Jun 9, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile Defective SSD? :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jun 9, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    Is the dvd-rom defective?

There's some good suggestions on here, Eric.

I've seen this crap before, as well. Ultimately it's caused by the drive not reading the disc properly. Either the disc, the drive or both are defective. It might also be a switch setting as some are suggesting, but that's not very likely.

You need to separate them to troubleshoot this. Making another disc wouldn't hurt, either and won't take very long.

qubit, Jun 9, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Defective SSD?

Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Defective SSD?

1. Defective SSD? - Similar Threads - Defective SSD

2. USBC dual montitor issue, and THEN Microsoft Community is defective - can NOT even sort...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USBC dual montitor issue, and THEN Microsoft Community is defective - can NOT even sort...: I have an issue, LIKE SO MANY OTHERS, wherein all along something worked UNTIL it didn't...USBC Hub with monitors FOR A BUSINESS LAPTOP, just quit recognizing monitors one day in April 2024 - M1 MacPro works as it always has, while an HP Home computer is fine. Yet somehow a...
  3. USBC dual montitor issue, and THEN Microsoft Community is defective - can NOT even sort...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USBC dual montitor issue, and THEN Microsoft Community is defective - can NOT even sort...: I have an issue, LIKE SO MANY OTHERS, wherein all along something worked UNTIL it didn't...USBC Hub with monitors FOR A BUSINESS LAPTOP, just quit recognizing monitors one day in April 2024 - M1 MacPro works as it always has, while an HP Home computer is fine. Yet somehow a...
  4. Windows defect report: Laptop goes to sleep mode after a couple of seconds after it turns...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows defect report: Laptop goes to sleep mode after a couple of seconds after it turns...: Cause: As i have tried many ways to solve this problem that came after I change the settings in Edit power plan and still it is not solvable. Way to repeat the bug: 1. Open Edit power Plan > Path:Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings2. Turn Off...
  5. Dell technician replaced defective laptop board and bitlocker recovery key is not found on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell technician replaced defective laptop board and bitlocker recovery key is not found on...: Dell technician replaced defective motherboard and the system is saying no bitlocker recovery key is found on my laptop. I need help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-technician-replaced-defective-laptop-board/cc2abd43-4b60-403f-a5f0-3c40fdf4d129
  6. Dell technician replaced defective laptop board and bitlocker recovery key is not found on...

Dell technician replaced defective laptop board and bitlocker recovery key is not found on...: Dell technician replaced defective motherboard and the system is saying no bitlocker recovery key is found on my laptop. I need help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-technician-replaced-defective-laptop-board/cc2abd43-4b60-403f-a5f0-3c40fdf4d129
  7. Defective PrintScreen capturing function missing a 3-pixels column on the left

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defective PrintScreen capturing function missing a 3-pixels column on the left: Hi Community, on my laptop the [Prt Scr] / [Stamp] function has turned defective since 2-3 months.PC CHARACTERISTICSI run a HP Envy 15-ep0 laptop since +2 years. ---------------------------------HP Envy 15-ep0 laptop Processore IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59...
  8. Defective PrintScreen capturing function missing a 3-pixels column on the left

Defective PrintScreen capturing function missing a 3-pixels column on the left: Hi Community, on my laptop the [Prt Scr] / [Stamp] function has turned defective since 2-3 months.PC CHARACTERISTICSI run a HP Envy 15-ep0 laptop since +2 years. ---------------------------------HP Envy 15-ep0 laptop Processore IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59...
  9. Boot device from second SSD slot in stead of defect original SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot device from second SSD slot in stead of defect original SSD: Hi,Unfortunately my original SSD or slot of my HP Zbook Studio G4 is defect and results in sudden crashes. Therefore I would like to install a new SSD in my second slot and make my laptop run from this. I have no experience in this field, so how would one do that starting...
  10. Boot device from second SSD slot in stead of defect original SSD

Boot device from second SSD slot in stead of defect original SSD: Hi,Unfortunately my original SSD or slot of my HP Zbook Studio G4 is defect and results in sudden crashes. Therefore I would like to install a new SSD in my second slot and make my laptop run from this. I have no experience in this field, so how would one do that starting...