Windows 10: Defective Windows Update. I want to stop all Windows updates in the future.

Discus and support Defective Windows Update. I want to stop all Windows updates in the future. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yesterday morning 1/12/2022 Microsoft informed me that I needed to do some Windows 10 updates. When the updates were nearly complete, a message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by David Barrett 46, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Defective Windows Update. I want to stop all Windows updates in the future.

Yesterday morning 1/12/2022 Microsoft informed me that I needed to do some Windows 10 updates. When the updates were nearly complete, a message appeared saying Windows had encountered "a problem". No details of the problem were offered. When I next tried to boot up my Windows 10 Pro PC, I could get no further than the ASUS BIOS page. I tried everything I knew to troubleshoot the issue, but nothing worked. Microsoft had a Restore Point for this update, but it did not work. More correctly, Microsoft informed me that the restore to 1/11/2022 did succeed. But I was still unable to boot u

:)

David Barrett 46, Jan 13, 2022
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 14, 2022
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Microsoft withdraws bad Windows 7 update that broke future Windows 7 updates

"Unfortunately, this apparently simple change has had severe consequences for some users of Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, with users reporting that Windows Update, drivers from both Nvidia and AMD, and some third-party software including Virtual Box are all unable to install correctly. The error code 0x8004FF91 seems to be a common finding."

http://arstechnica.com/information-...7-update-that-broke-future-windows-7-updates/

DRDNA, Jan 14, 2022
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Defective Windows Update. I want to stop all Windows updates in the future.

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

Thema:

Defective Windows Update. I want to stop all Windows updates in the future.

1. Defective Windows Update. I want to stop all Windows updates in the future. - Similar Threads - Defective Update stop

2. I want to stop all windows defender antivirus and malware defender updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to stop all windows defender antivirus and malware defender updates: There are a lot of windows updates and my laptop doesn't have very good specs so its really laggy and slow Things like anti malware executable and cryptographic services take up 100% disk and slow everything I really want to stop it from using it or run at all pls help i dont...
  3. I want to stop all windows defender antivirus and malware defender updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to stop all windows defender antivirus and malware defender updates: There are a lot of windows updates and my laptop doesn't have very good specs so its really laggy and slow Things like anti malware executable and cryptographic services take up 100% disk and slow everything I really want to stop it from using it or run at all pls help i dont...
  4. I want to stop all windows defender antivirus and malware defender updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Defective Windows Update. I want to stop all Windows updates in the future.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defective Windows Update. I want to stop all Windows updates in the future.: Yesterday morning 1/12/2022 Microsoft informed me that I needed to do some Windows 10 updates. When the updates were nearly complete, a message appeared saying Windows had encountered "a problem". No details of the problem were offered. When I next tried to boot up my Windows...
  6. Defective Windows Update. I want to stop all Windows updates in the future.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defective Windows Update. I want to stop all Windows updates in the future.: Yesterday morning 1/12/2022 Microsoft informed me that I needed to do some Windows 10 updates. When the updates were nearly complete, a message appeared saying Windows had encountered "a problem". No details of the problem were offered. When I next tried to boot up my Windows...
  7. I WANT TO STOP WINDOWS UPDATES FOREVER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I WANT TO STOP WINDOWS UPDATES FOREVER: MY PC CRASHED BECAUSE OF A WINDOWS UPDATE.THANK GOODNESS I HAD A SYSTEM RESTORE POINT NOW I WANT TO STOP WINDOWS UPDATES FOREVERMICROSOFT !!IF I CANT STOP WINDOWS UPDATES THAT MEANS YOU DID,NT CARE ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS...
  8. Is it at all possible to stop all future Windows updates?

Is it at all possible to stop all future Windows updates?: I lost two weeks of my time, going through at least 15 different Microsoft techs, and 2 different techs at Corel after the 1903 update abruptly stopped the use of Photoshop, InDesign and Corel Paintshop Prop 2019. I ended up having to do a complete recovery to get them to...
  9. hiding/stopping/terminating/removing all future windows update indefinitely

hiding/stopping/terminating/removing all future windows update indefinitely: I have some sort of unused RAID/controller feature physically installed on my motherboard/(or somewhere I can't find) and I believe it is no longer supported by windows 10, and certainly not for any future versions of windows. I've tried to disconnect my hard drive or...
  10. how do I prevent all future windows updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how do I prevent all future windows updates?: I didn't get to an online discussion today that I was trying to because my computer was updating instead of starting up. What do I elect to cause windows not to do any more updates? 104762