Windows 10: Defender and 1803

Discus and support Defender and 1803 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It doesn't work for me either and I still find the old interface is better. Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by eLPuSHeR, Apr 5, 2018.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

Defender and 1803

It doesn't work for me either and I still find the old interface is better.

eLPuSHeR, Apr 5, 2018
  2. no1yak Win User

Having updated to 1803 from 1709 I now find when booting up defender takes a long time to complete.
    When viewing the security centre blue dots are continually running on Virus threat protection and firewall and network. After about 1 minute the dots stop and the green tick appears. This is then followed by two Dcom errors in event viewer. So every time you boot you get these errors. Unfortunately APP ID and SID are unknown, yet it's telling you that this can be fixed with permission in Component Services.

This never happened in 1709. Both my machines suffer the same error. Not a big problem but, it's annoying to find this when the previous version on both machines was error free. Once again MS has taken one step forward and two steps backwards.*really

:)

no1yak, Apr 30, 2018
  3. How to get MRP on N edition of Windows 10?

Because its a Media related feature. The Media Feature Pack is not yet available for Windows 10 1803 which you running. Usually its not available until a week after launch and Windows 10 1803 is not expected to launch until April 10.

Why not install the non-N version of Windows 1803? Do you live in Europe why you are running Windows 10 1803?

Andre Da Costa, Apr 30, 2018
  4. EPHealey Win User

Defender and 1803

loss of homegroup

Just connect directly through the Network showing in File Explorer on your computer running Windows10 version 1803. (Basically the same way you did before they created Homegroup.)

The problem is exacerbated by the computers not yet updated toversion 1803; they still want to use Homegroup and don't see the computers running version 1803 in Network,

EPHealey, Apr 30, 2018
  5. This issue is caused by 2 registry entries that point to Defender features that are only available on Windows Enterprise (and maybe Windows for Workstations).

I think it is safe to delete these keys, BUT since I have not tested this, I don't recommend it. Maybe MS will issue a small patch for this in the near future.

slicendice, Apr 30, 2018
  6. no1yak Win User
    Thanks for the reply, will wait to see if MS puts out a fix before I hack the registry.

no1yak, Apr 30, 2018
  7. @no1yak
    Does the old UI works? C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
    Win+Run+MSASCui.exe

MikeMecanic, Apr 30, 2018
  8. Defender and 1803

No it does not work!

slicendice, Apr 30, 2018
  9. no1yak Win User
    As per slicendice statment - no.
    Defender and 1803 [​IMG]

no1yak, Apr 30, 2018
  10. Ok! The same effect is also true in 1709: MSASCuiL.exe does not open. We noticed that a few weeks ago on each upgrade attempt or even after a clean install(171xx.x). In the previous cycle, MSASCui.exe would take some 30 seconds to open, in this cycle they adopt a better strategy, it won't open.

Any changes in our favorite app get our immediate attention. 1803 will be 1803 when the normal condition will be restored.

<<For the better of final release, trying to kill data collection with a reg hack & al is an impossible mission with an Insider build. You should keep it the way it is, otherwise you'll get more problems.>>

MikeMecanic, May 1, 2018
Thema:

Defender and 1803

1. Defender and 1803 - Similar Threads - Defender 1803

2. switch off Windows Defender notification in Windows 1803 10S

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    switch off Windows Defender notification in Windows 1803 10S: Hi Stuck with 1803. Stuck with 10S Home. The Defender Notification icon always cries wolf exclamation in yellow triangle due to my configuration. To underestimate, this is a significant annoyance for me. I did some internet chasing to try to figure out how to turn it...
  3. Disabled WU using gpedit under 1803, now updated to 1903 but Defender keeps stating...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabled WU using gpedit under 1803, now updated to 1903 but Defender keeps stating...: When I was on 1803, I disabled Windows Update via gpedit because on my slow and shared internet connection, there was no way I was going to let it grab a 4.9GB ISO which would have taken the better part of a day to download so I could do the upgrade. I grabbed the ISO from...
  4. windows defender in windows 10 ver 1803

windows defender in windows 10 ver 1803: I keep getting notifications from virus and threat protection "unauthorized changes blocked" and it tells me the folder that is being accessed. This is occurring while nothing is being done on the computer. I click on the notification and I am taken to the " Allow an app...
  5. Windows Defender Offline Bootable CD does not work in Windows 10 Version 1803

Windows Defender Offline Bootable CD does not work in Windows 10 Version 1803: I saw a thread about it but it's locked. I created a bootable cd-r containing the offline version of Windows Defender cause my pc had a trojan and I was unable to boot. It didn't work at all saying the OS was not found. So I tough that it was caused by the trojan itself and...
  6. No Windows Defender Icon with Windows 10 1803

No Windows Defender Icon with Windows 10 1803: How to get back the Windows Defender Icon in Windows 10 version 1803? It used to be in the Taskbar notification area. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-windows-defender-icon-with-windows-10-1803/8f8e5b03-1014-4755-abe9-737dc6386962"
  7. My Personal Review of Windows Defender Performance on Windows 10 1803

My Personal Review of Windows Defender Performance on Windows 10 1803: My Personal Review of Windows Defender is as follows, a little too slow on scans for my tastes, 8-12 hours for one full scan is ridicoulus on both Intel I7 7700 based Desktop and Laptop, Both have SSD boot drives, and hopefully fast enough storage drive, Upgrading storage...
  8. Windows Defender's files are missing after rolling back from Windows 10 1803 to 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender's files are missing after rolling back from Windows 10 1803 to 1709: Hello, Since the IME and some other programs do not work properly in Windows 10 1803, I rolled back to 1709, on which they work well while I noticed that the Windows Defender does not run as usual. The service cannot start and it returns an error 2 showing that the...
  9. Windows Defender Security Centre slow since 1803 update

Windows Defender Security Centre slow since 1803 update: Has anyone else noticed Windows Defender Security Centre taking a while to get information after boot up since 1803? 111073
  10. Win 10 1803 Account Protection in Windows Defender

Win 10 1803 Account Protection in Windows Defender: Account protection is asking me to log into my MS account for enhanced security. It appears to want to change my local account to a MS account also. What's new here? I take it's easy enough to switch back to a local account after the sign in? [img] 109252

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Has anyone else noticed Windows Defender Security Centre taking a while to get information after boot up since 1803?

2. win 1803 windows defender takes a long time to get security info

3. old windows defender 1803