Windows 10: Defender anti-virus shows "Remediation Incomplete"

Discus and support Defender anti-virus shows "Remediation Incomplete" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender shows "Remediation Incomplete" when removing trojan. A screen shot of the error is shown below.When I run a backup, Windows 7 version,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Freddie_541, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Defender anti-virus shows "Remediation Incomplete"

Windows Defender shows "Remediation Incomplete" when removing trojan. A screen shot of the error is shown below.When I run a backup, Windows 7 version, I get an error that says that the image file cannot be created because it contains a virus. Any suggestions on how to proceed to get this trojan off my machine would be appreciated.

:)

Freddie_541, Sep 1, 2021
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Remediation Incomplete Message

Remediation Incomplete Message

I had a Trojan threat that indicated a virus was in Temporary files. I ran CCleaner to clear temporary files. I then checked Windows Security and it said my Virus and Threat Protection was ok. See screenshot.

Later, I rechecked Protection History and found the Remediation Incomplete message. See screenshot. I read that sometimes this message can appear after clearing a virus threat.

I ran CCleaner again and also Malwarebytes. I also did a Full scan on Windows Defender. In all scans they did not show I had any virus issues.

So, how should I treat the Remediation Incomplete message?

Thanks,
    Jerry

Windows 10

Defender anti-virus shows "Remediation Incomplete" [​IMG]

Defender anti-virus shows "Remediation Incomplete" [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Sep 1, 2021
  3. Windows Defender remediation incomplete - Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml

Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml

Windows Defender not able to remove that virus. Plz help how to remove it.

I already run
    Microsoft Safety Scanner (64-bit)
    . But virus still in my pc

Now Defender shows remediation incomplete Severe

DeepakRawat_1, Sep 1, 2021
  4. loyall Win User

Defender anti-virus shows "Remediation Incomplete"

Windows Security Protection History-remediation incomplete

Windows 10 security found two trojans that are now listed in my protection history as severe-remediation incomplete. And yet my virus and threat protection shield icon has a green checkmark. What if anything should I do? Why does it say remediation incomplete?

A manual scan by Malwarebytes identifies zero threats.

loyall, Sep 1, 2021
Thema:

Defender anti-virus shows "Remediation Incomplete"

1. Defender anti-virus shows "Remediation Incomplete" - Similar Threads - Defender anti virus

2. Remediation Incomplete Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remediation Incomplete Windows Defender: Hello,I was on a sketchy website when suddenly a new window opened and started downloading file with the name Trojan-something. Windows Defender immediately stepped and prevented the file from downloading. So the file never reached downloads in Explorer. I then went to...
  3. Remediation Incomplete Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remediation Incomplete Windows Defender: Hello,I was on a sketchy website when suddenly a new window opened and started downloading file with the name Trojan-something. Windows Defender immediately stepped and prevented the file from downloading. So the file never reached downloads in Explorer. I then went to...
  4. Remediation Incomplete Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Virus & Threat Protection: Remediation Incomplete

Virus & Threat Protection: Remediation Incomplete: A certain high level threat, HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS, was detected after conducting a Full Scan in my Windows Defender. I have no idea how it got in but for sure it is still running in my laptop. I am worried that it might cause corruptions and damage to my files or in the...
  6. Trojan virus remediation incomplete

Trojan virus remediation incomplete: Hi,I have regularly been scanning my laptop with Windows Defender. Today I found a bar in the app saying "Trojan remediation incomplete". Last full scan scan was preformed on August 23rd and when it finished, the app hadn't informed me about the threat. In fact, the...
  7. Windows Defender Remediation incomplete... or is it??

Windows Defender Remediation incomplete... or is it??: Hi Folks, Just a query about "Protection History" in windows defender.Short story... I had to download a file - but the link was one of those adfly shortcut things. Whilst waiting for the timer the advert started to download a setup.exe. Windows defender came to the rescue...
  8. Remediation Incomplete

Remediation Incomplete: On another Thread - Remediation Incomplete message is discussed and the 'solution' is to not worry about it - it is just 'history'. While that in itself maybe true, the icon on the systray shows the red X saying something is bad. Not having a way to clear this is poor...
  9. Windows defender showing remediation incomplete in protection history

Windows defender showing remediation incomplete in protection history: What can be done in case if windows defender shows remediation incomplete? Status is failed. alert level- severe threat detected : Worm:Win32/Babonock.A category worm How to delete or remove this threat ? as only action available is "allow" at bottom ran an entire...
  10. Remediation Incomplete

Remediation Incomplete: [ATTACH] I just got a notification about this virus. It said the level is severe. Because I didn't know what to do, I click allow. As you can see, there is a warning in the picture. So, what should I do now? Please, help me....