Windows 10: Defender Antirus Question

Discus and support Defender Antirus Question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello When Windows 10 founds a threat and I want keep it. I select: Actions, Allow. But then, Defender comes again. Now, I think I should install a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Traveler99, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Defender Antirus Question

Hello

When Windows 10 founds a threat and I want keep it. I select: Actions, Allow.

But then, Defender comes again.

Now, I think I should install a 3rd party antivirus software and disable Defender completely. Is this even possible?

:)

Traveler99, Jan 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 antirus

I was not aware that I should have uninstalled my antivirus software before downloading the free upgrade to Windows 10. Now I am not sure what to do and I read Windows defender is the antivrus for windows 10. What do I do about fixing these issues? Do
    I need to install a new antirus thats compatible with windows 10?

lynnetopping, Jan 9, 2019
  3. windows defender

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The information provided by you is not enough for us to provide you troubleshooting step. So, I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to narrow down the issue.

• What issue you are facing with Windows Defender?
    • Are you willing to update Windows Defender?

I would suggest you to refer the article mentioned below to ask question on the forum. After referring to the article do get back to us with more information related to your issue and we will be happy to assist you.

Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Defender Antirus Question

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Defender Antirus Question

1. Defender Antirus Question - Similar Threads - Defender Antirus Question

2. 365 Defender Question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    365 Defender Question: HelloI work for an educational institution that has recently been subject to a theft of a Windows laptop.Since the theft on the 21st of this month the device can still be 'seen' as active in 365 Defender, shown in the highlighted section below. I'd like to know how Defender...
  3. Defender Firewall questions

Defender Firewall questions: Hi, As I am not a security expert, please assist me on responding to the below questions: 1. I am mostly and always using my laptop inside my LAN Home network and as you can see, Defender Firewall is set to use Public Network firewall as ACTIVE. Which means my laptop should...
  4. Windows Defender Question

Windows Defender Question: The screenshot shows my virus notification history using Windows Defender in Windows 10. 1. Do those notifications indicate the threat was removed? “Or Restored” has me confused. 2. If not, how can I remove the threats? Do I get a notification said threats were...
  5. Windows defender question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender question: So I just factory reset my laptop after concerns about a virus, after it was reset I ran a scan with windows defender and it said over 600k files were being scanned, but when it finished it said 300k were scanned. Is this normal or? submitted by /u/frogspin [link]...
  6. Microsoft defender question

Microsoft defender question: Hello, I have a question: I didn‘t notice that the microsoft defender tamper protection feature was disabled. So if I had a virus/malware, could it manipulates/tamper the microsoft defender detection system so it can‘t find that virus anymore? Even though I enable this...
  7. Windows Defender Question

Windows Defender Question: Hello, Re windows Defender, which I guess is pretty good now: New pc came with McAfee, and others too apparently. a. Do I have to totally purge all of these (other) Virus and Malware programs to be able to run Windows Defender ? b. If they can co-exist, how do I tell the...
  8. Defender Antirus Question

Defender Antirus Question: Hello When Windows 10 founds a threat and I want keep it. I select: Actions, Allow. But then, Defender comes again. Now, I think I should install a 3rd party antivirus software and disable Defender completely. Is this even possible? Since WD is quite dangerous I prefer not...
  9. Windows Defender question

Windows Defender question: Why would the Virus & threat protection say "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization"? This is a "standalone" surface pro and not part of a network....
  10. Windows Defender question

Windows Defender question: Is it OK if I have ONLY the Real Time protection turned ON in Windows 10? Do I really need to have Cloud Based Protection enabled? thank you 66701