Windows 10: Defender antivirus could not completely remove a potential threat. Ran Defender offline,...

Discus and support Defender antivirus could not completely remove a potential threat. Ran Defender offline,... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Defender antivirus could completely remove a potential threat. Ran Defender offline, protection history is full of items dating back to February. What... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PhilipHedley, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Defender antivirus could not completely remove a potential threat. Ran Defender offline,...

Defender antivirus could completely remove a potential threat. Ran Defender offline, protection history is full of items dating back to February. What are all the items in Protection History? Can they be cleared? Have they been quarantined?Is my PC safe as Defender antivirus still says it couldn't completely remove a potential threat?Is there an idiots guide which explains the operation and results of the offline scan as I have no idea?

:)

PhilipHedley, Jun 5, 2021

2. WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS

I'm having a problem with Windows Defender the threats found after I ran a full scan that last maybe around 10 hours cannot be removed by windows defender. I selected the remove option and it shows processing but after a while
    the threats are still listed and active. I already ran a offline scan and a quick scan but neither fix the problem.

I already ran a secure boot and see if third-party apps are causing the problem but nothing works the threats are still listed and active. I checked the location of the file and manually deleted it even on my recycle bin but
    the threats are still there and labeled as active. This very annoying. I think this is an error in the windows defender part because I installed Malwarebytes and ran a full scan which took a couple of hours and found nothing because like I've said I have deleted
    the file location where the threats are.

lelouch.lamperouge, Jun 5, 2021
  3. Windows Defender Stuck on Removing Severe Threat

Sure, you can put Windows Defender Offline on a jump drive.

But the emphasis of my post is that you no longer have to do that ...
    you can launch Defender Offline from Settings > Update and Security > Defender > Defender Offline
    as described here: Defender Offline

simrick (safe mode Adwcleaner with a question about the reg entires) and Borg (tdssKiller, Rkill, possible manual reg entries removal) have offered other suggestions - it helps troubleshooting if you always follow the order of the suggestions and report the results.

When you've completed all on-demand scans and other remediation steps, run the following (both commands take a while to complete).

If there are any integrity issues reported in the results on the screen,

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

SFC /ScanNow

Slartybart, Jun 5, 2021
  4. Defender antivirus could not completely remove a potential threat. Ran Defender offline,...

Defender wont remove the threats

I ran Windows Defender full scan which took over 15 hours to completed. It indicates that there are 20 threats which I want to remove. However Windows Defender gets stuck and does not remove any of them. It has been running for over 20 hours and nothing.
    What can I do to remove these threats.

Thanks

MarinaL_64, Jun 5, 2021
Thema:

Defender antivirus could not completely remove a potential threat. Ran Defender offline,...

1. Defender antivirus could not completely remove a potential threat. Ran Defender offline,... - Similar Threads - Defender antivirus completely

2. Defender wont remove the threats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender wont remove the threats: Microsoft Defender shows that there is one virus, but all other Antivirus Softwares show that it is clean and only Defender cannot remove this virus from the list.By the way, I have already removed this virus with Malwarebytes, but for some reason it is still there in...
  3. Defender wont remove the threats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender wont remove the threats: Microsoft Defender shows that there is one virus, but all other Antivirus Softwares show that it is clean and only Defender cannot remove this virus from the list.By the way, I have already removed this virus with Malwarebytes, but for some reason it is still there in...
  4. windows defender not removing threat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender not removing threat: today windows defender has found a threat with high severity, i clicked on the remove option and clicked "start action", nothing happened; i also tried running some quick scans and a full scan, still nothing. Also tried restarting my laptop but the threat is still...
  5. defender antivirus

defender antivirus: do I have defender antivirus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-antivirus/033ca341-976c-444d-a07e-0a914293ce07
  6. WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS

WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS: I'm having a problem with Windows Defender the threats found after I ran a full scan that last maybe around 10 hours cannot be removed by windows defender. I selected the remove option and it shows processing but after a while the threats are still listed and active. I...
  7. Demons Lite potential threat (Windows Defender)?

Demons Lite potential threat (Windows Defender)?: Hello, I just checked my PC for viruses and was told that the App Daemons Lite was a potential threat, so I installed it. Now I still get this message. This is what it looks like: Does anyone know what to do about it and should I be worried? By the way, the app was added...
  8. How to tell if Offline defender scan ran successfully?

How to tell if Offline defender scan ran successfully?: I tried to run the "offline scan". It rebooted, looks like it did something, and then looks like it booted to normal windows. According to what I could find on the web, it should have put a log file in "C:\windows\Microsoft\Antimalware\Support" folder, but that folder...
  9. Windows Defender Antivirus threat

Windows Defender Antivirus threat: How do I delete/resolve this particular threat? Program:Win32/Uwamson/A!ml https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-antivirus-threat/c6f1db73-53e7-4278-a0dc-c90342f56d68
  10. removing threats with windows defender

removing threats with windows defender: So iv chosen what actions to perform which are to remove and made no action on the threats blocked as i dont want them to be allowed to stay. So how do i tell windows to caring out these actions? Im currently looking under Protection history...