Windows 10: Defender Antivirus error "protection is managed by your organization"

Discus and support Defender Antivirus error "protection is managed by your organization" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10 Defender Antivirus suddenly showing "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization" instead of the usual scanning options... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Hery Roman, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Defender Antivirus error "protection is managed by your organization"

Windows 10 Defender Antivirus suddenly showing "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization" instead of the usual scanning options in my personal PC. Checked similar problem in forum and is not a reg value at Policies. PC scanned with Malware Bytes did not solve it. Any help?

:)

Hery Roman, Oct 31, 2019

2. Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization

I just updated my Windows with April update and my defender Antivirus is showing "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization" instead of the usual scanning options.

I want my defender with scanning options, how do I do it.

parthpatel643, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Windows Defender Antivirus protection

In your previous threads you indicated you were using a third party antivirus program so I assume you are a "new" user of Windows Defender.

Any other security program installed?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...b59cebc4f24/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc
    Note the statement "If you want to use Windows Defender Antivirus, uninstall all of your other antivirus programs and Windows Defender Antivirus will automatically turn on. You may be asked to restart your device.

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

See the reply of quietman7 in this thread:windowsdefender wont turn on.

If the issue continues recommend you follow the steps in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include (but not limited to) running SFC, scanning for malware with programs such as the Emsisoft Emergency Kit or Malwarebytes and running
    the software removal tools for any security software (AVG, Kaspersky, McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer (to include a trial copy of McAfee or Norton or another program that may have been preinstalled on a new computer).
    See List of
    anti-malware product removal tools
    and be sure to restart the computer after running such tools.

You might also want to review http://www.howtogeek.com/220232/how-to-use-the-built-in-windows-defender-antivirus-on-windows-10/ Good
    article but ignore the ads!

If you cannot resolve these issues with Windows Defender please post back in this thread with further information.

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them. | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Le Boule, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Darnay Win User

Defender Antivirus error "protection is managed by your organization"

Windows Defender Managed by Your Organization

need help with my windows defender. its saying that my virus and threat protection is managed by my organization and i can put on my virus protection. my computer is unprotected. its a personal computer windows 10 pro. need help asap

[Original Title: windows defender]

Darnay, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Defender Antivirus error "protection is managed by your organization"

1. Defender Antivirus error "protection is managed by your organization" - Similar Threads - Defender Antivirus error

2. Windows Defender Managed by Your Organization

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Managed by Your Organization: my windows defender is not actice it is saying Windows Defender Managed by Your Organization .what do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-managed-by-your-organization/f95087fb-226a-4230-baca-152c346b7c5c
  3. Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization

Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization: I need help windows security keeps saying Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/your-virus-threat-protection-is-managed-by-your/b37beabe-522e-4a63-8f45-c5007edc62c1
  4. Your Virus and Threat Protection is managed by your organization

Your Virus and Threat Protection is managed by your organization: When I open my defender it says "Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization". I've already tried the "DisableAntiSpyware" thing and it doesn't work. I'v also run scans with MalwareBytes and that didn't work. Please, I just want my computer fixed....
  5. threat protection managed by your organization

threat protection managed by your organization: I was starting up my computer today and there was a update for windows so i did the update and went on with the start up. later i went into my windows defender and it said ''threat protection managed by your organization'' Something like that and i can not change my defender...
  6. your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization...?

your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization...?: your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization...? how I fix this problem can you tell me about...? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/your-virus-threat-protection-is-managed-by-your/3bde5085-61df-4b10-8aa6-51b6ccfcfbc4
  7. Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization.

Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization.: Window Defender tells me Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization but I don't have any other protection apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/your-virus-and-threat-protection-is-managed-by/949d8157-b690-47d8-b9af-999211251ec8
  8. Windows defender: "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization"

Windows defender: "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization": I have a problem with my Windows Defender. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-your-virus-threat-protection-is/9333d327-dcc1-41d7-be92-2e90e7487e90"
  9. Windows defender managed by your organization.

Windows defender managed by your organization.: Hi, I need help to turn on my windows defender. After my windows version was updated I can't turn on or access my windows defender anymore. It has an error message saying the '"Virus and threat protection is managed by your organization". Please, I need help to turn on my...
  10. “your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization”

“your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization”: My Windows 10 keeps reverting to Defender policy “your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization” I did apply the recommended solution of running as administrator the command: > REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v...