Windows 10: defender antivirus

Discus and support defender antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; WTF is Microsoft doing? 5 updates yesterday and 3 so far today. I did not buy a computer to sit and watch it do updates.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by nevillematthews1, Dec 17, 2018.

1. defender antivirus

WTF is Microsoft doing?

5 updates yesterday and 3 so far today.

I did not buy a computer to sit and watch it do updates.

:)

nevillematthews1, Dec 17, 2018
  2. afornal Win User

Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Defender AntiVirus

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this to Microsoft Community. Let's try to start Windows Defender services and see if it helps. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R key and type
      defender antivirus [​IMG]
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for the service "Windows Defender".
    • Right click on "Windows Defender" and click Properties.
    • Click Start button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save changes.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Marvin Barc, Dec 17, 2018
  4. defender antivirus

Windows Defender - antivirus?

Windows defender is a built in antivirus, that detects all type of threats.You do not need to install any 3rd party antivirus.

In windows 7 and earlier Microsoft security essentials was to be used with windows defender for a full system protection, but in Windows 8 and later windows defender's capabilities have been increased to make it a full fledged antivirus.

I suggest rolling with Windows Defender (preinstalled)+Malwarebytes for a full system security.

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

defender antivirus

1. defender antivirus - Similar Threads - defender antivirus

2. How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.407.521.0 - Current Channel Broad has been popping up in my Updates for months now. Every time I click download & install, it downloads and installs ... No Error message, sometimes it even...
  3. How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.407.521.0 - Current Channel Broad has been popping up in my Updates for months now. Every time I click download & install, it downloads and installs ... No Error message, sometimes it even...
  4. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version...: Hello Team,Latest update will not download, hangs at Downloading - 0% endlessly...Any Ideas to help this along?thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-intelligence-update-for-microsoft/12a1eb0a-9ea8-4ed6-8ee2-d77853a97fdd
  5. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version...

Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version...: Hello Team,Latest update will not download, hangs at Downloading - 0% endlessly...Any Ideas to help this along?thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-intelligence-update-for-microsoft/12a1eb0a-9ea8-4ed6-8ee2-d77853a97fdd
  6. Win 11 Defender shows a trojan being blocked 6 or 7 times. I've run another antivirus...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Defender shows a trojan being blocked 6 or 7 times. I've run another antivirus...: Defender shows a blocked trojan. Another antivirus program shows nothing. Should I be concerned about having a trojan in my system? Defender shows it has blocked this trojan 6 or 7 times. How do I get rid of it? I've run defender scans and it shows it blocked....
  7. Win 11 Defender shows a trojan being blocked 6 or 7 times. I've run another antivirus...

Win 11 Defender shows a trojan being blocked 6 or 7 times. I've run another antivirus...: Defender shows a blocked trojan. Another antivirus program shows nothing. Should I be concerned about having a trojan in my system? Defender shows it has blocked this trojan 6 or 7 times. How do I get rid of it? I've run defender scans and it shows it blocked....
  8. I have two antiviruses with two different names one is Microsoft Defender and the other is...

I have two antiviruses with two different names one is Microsoft Defender and the other is...: HI I have noticed for a while now that I have two names of an antivirus on my dell laptop. Down in the bottom right I have windows security on my lower taskbar it is on.But when I go to a file on my desktop and right click on it a drop down menu shows up when I click on show...
  9. I have two antiviruses with two different names one is Microsoft Defender and the other is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two antiviruses with two different names one is Microsoft Defender and the other is...: HI I have noticed for a while now that I have two names of an antivirus on my dell laptop. Down in the bottom right I have windows security on my lower taskbar it is on.But when I go to a file on my desktop and right click on it a drop down menu shows up when I click on show...
  10. I can't access Windows Defender Antivirus because of this pop-up: Your IT administratorhas...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access Windows Defender Antivirus because of this pop-up: Your IT administratorhas...: I have tried resetting the entire pc twice and I swear to god my account on the affected pc isn't a school account or a family account. I have tried so many other things that didn't work. Please fix this. The affect pc is on win 11 and the installation is official....