Windows 10: Defender ASR rule blocked TotalLock.exe on encrypted USB flash drive

Discus and support Defender ASR rule blocked TotalLock.exe on encrypted USB flash drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi,We have ASR rules configured on MS Defender in company.Some users noticed that they can't use their hardware encrypted USB flash drives as when they... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Martenos, May 25, 2022.

1. Martenos Win User

Defender ASR rule blocked TotalLock.exe on encrypted USB flash drive

Hi,We have ASR rules configured on MS Defender in company.Some users noticed that they can't use their hardware encrypted USB flash drives as when they try to run application to unlock drive TotalLock.exe nothing happens but in the logs you can see that ASR rule: Block untrusted or unsigned processes that run from USB blocked this application.When TotalLock.exe is opened from local drive instead of USB everything works fine.Can you help with this please?

:)

Martenos, May 25, 2022
  2. KenPeck. Win User

Encrypted USB thumb drive is blocked by Windows Defender

I have Kingston Data Traveler encrypted USB thumb drive and it is blocked by
    Windows Defender. I enter the passcode, then the
    thumb drive create a different unencrypted drive but then a see a pop-up>>Please insert a disk into USB drive>> - the new drive is
    inaccessible.

When Windows defender is turned off, the issue will not appear.

KenPeck., May 25, 2022
  3. btarunr Win User
    Toshiba Announces Encrypted USB Flash Drive

Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today introduced the Toshiba Encrypted USB Flash Drive, a device that utilizes a hardware based encryption process to deliver a robust, secure (military grade AES 256-bit encryption), easy to use and affordable solution to safely make sensitive data portable. Ideal for enterprise companies, government agencies and concerned consumers, the Toshiba Encrypted USB Flash Drive offers a higher assurance of security.

Available in 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB capacities, the Toshiba Encrypted USB Flash Drive uses a built-in mini-keyboard to authenticate access, incorporating a rechargeable battery so the user can enter a secure code before plugging into a USB port. Users simply enter their secure PIN and plug the drive into any USB 2.0 port on a compatible device. Once access is granted, the drive "unlocks" the media, permitting clearance to all of the content stored on the drive. When the drive is removed from a USB port, the drive automatically re-locks and encrypts the stored media.

Defender ASR rule blocked TotalLock.exe on encrypted USB flash drive 7a_thm.jpg

"There is a heightened sense of awareness that confidential content is at risk," said Maciek Brzeski, Vice President of Branded Storage Products, Toshiba Digital Products Division. "Toshiba developed the Encrypted USB Flash Drive as a new way to provide portable data security with one of the highest encryption standards available on the market."

Should the Toshiba Encrypted USB Flash Drive become lost or stolen, it is equipped with a Brute Force Hack Defense Mechanism that will render all stored information irrecoverable after 10 consecutive unsuccessful attempts to enter the secure PIN. The Toshiba Encrypted USB Flash Drive also carries a FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) Publication 140-2 Level 3 certification, issued by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), a certification often required by government agencies and other data security sensitive industries, such as healthcare and finance. The Toshiba Encrypted USB Flash Drive incorporates DataLock Technology by ClevX, LLC.

Pricing and Availability
    Beginning today, the Encrypted USB Flash Drive is available for purchase at select retailers and on toshiba.com/us/flash-drives for $95.00 MSRP for the 4GB model, $112.00 MSRP for the 8GB model, $140.00 MSRP for the 16GB and $200.00 MSRP for the 32GB model. A 3 Year Standard Limited Warranty is included with all models.

btarunr, May 25, 2022
  4. btarunr Win User

Kanguru Solutions Releases Kanguru Defender V2 Encrypted Flash Drive

Kanguru Solutions today announced its latest security product, the Kanguru Defender V2, an encrypted, secure flash drive designed for commercial use. The Kanguru Defender V2 is the latest in the Defender line of encrypted flash drives, following the FIPS 140-2 Certified Kanguru Defender Elite model targeted at government and enterprise use. The Defender V2 offers security features including:
    • FIPS 197 Certified, 256-bit AES Hardware Based Encryption
    • Limited Password Attempts
    • Master Password Support
    • Restricted IP Range/Domain Support
    • Anti-Virus/Malware Protection
    • No Administrative Rights Required for Use

Defender ASR rule blocked TotalLock.exe on encrypted USB flash drive 78a_thm.jpg

“Our goal with the Defender V2 is to provide a highly secure flash drive for organizations that need top notch security features, but may not require some of the government/enterprise features such as FIPS 140-2 Certification and tamper resistant design.” said Don Brown, CEO of Kanguru Solutions. “By retaining the core security features, but removing some of the higher end enterprise components, we are able to produce a highly secure device that hits a very attractive price point.”

In addition to its onboard security, the Kanguru Defender V2 can also be remotely managed with Kanguru Remote Management Console (KRMC), allowing an organization to delete lost or stolen drives, manage passwords, and ensure compliance with organizational security policies.

The Kanguru Defender V2 also addresses common industry standards and regulations such as Sarbanes Oxley and HIPAA. Many states are also introducing strong data breach laws which the Kanguru Defender V2 with KRMC would specifically address.

“Kanguru is pleased to offer an evaluation program on the Kanguru Defender V2, Defender Elite and KRMC.” said Nate Cote, VP of product management. “This allows companies to test our products security features and review how well they address their organizational security needs. We’re confident that our features, performance, and price point will impress even the toughest CIOs, CFOs, and CISOs.”

Capacities for the Kanguru Defender V2 start at 1GB and go up to 128GB. KRMC is available in a self hosted Enterprise Edition or a hosted Cloud Edition.

btarunr, May 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Defender ASR rule blocked TotalLock.exe on encrypted USB flash drive - Similar Threads - Defender ASR rule

2. Question about ASR Rules and Defender for Endpoint P1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about ASR Rules and Defender for Endpoint P1: I am looking for some clarification on the ASR rule configuration and how it plays into the Defender for Endpoint P1 license. I recently bought a P1 license to test ASR rules on endpoints, configured a GP with ASR rules configured to apply to my endpoint, then applied the...
  3. Question about ASR Rules and Defender for Endpoint P1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about ASR Rules and Defender for Endpoint P1: I am looking for some clarification on the ASR rule configuration and how it plays into the Defender for Endpoint P1 license. I recently bought a P1 license to test ASR rules on endpoints, configured a GP with ASR rules configured to apply to my endpoint, then applied the...
  4. Question about ASR Rules and Defender for Endpoint P1

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. BitLocker encryption on USB flash drives?

BitLocker encryption on USB flash drives?: I just got myself a 64gb USB flash stick drive and would like to encrypt it with BitLocker encrypting the ENTIRE drive which is the way I prefer it to be. Is it safe to just encrypt the USB stick BEFORE adding data to it? Or, will it also be fine to add the data first and...
  6. Encrypted USB thumb drive is blocked by Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Encrypted USB thumb drive is blocked by Windows Defender: I have Kingston Data Traveler encrypted USB thumb drive and it is blocked byWindows Defender. I enter the passcode, then the thumb drive create a different unencrypted drive but then a see a pop-up>>Please insert a disk into USB drive>> - the new drive isinaccessible. When...
  7. Windows Defender Blocking Kingston Data Traveler encrypted USB thumb drive

Windows Defender Blocking Kingston Data Traveler encrypted USB thumb drive: Windows Defender Blocking Kingston Data Traveler encrypted USB thumb drive. The symptom would be after entering the passcode, the thumb drive created another unencrypted drive but it will always gave me a message "Please insert a disk into USB drive", that new drive is not...
  8. Windows Defender and USB flash drives

Windows Defender and USB flash drives: Ive read that Windows Defender doesn't automatically scan any attached removable drives such as USB flash drives when a Full Scan is performed. If that's correct. Lets say that you insert a USB flash drive that has somehow become unknowingly infected with malware. How does...
  9. BitLocker encrypted USB Flash drive on another computer?

BitLocker encrypted USB Flash drive on another computer?: I have a dedicated USB flash drive to store all my files and its now encrypted with BitLocker. What if I insert this USB drive to another computer and edit my documents directly from the USB drive without saving the files onto the other computer? Will data still leak to that...
  10. How to encrypt my USB flash drive?

How to encrypt my USB flash drive?: All my passwords are on a spreadsheet held on an encrypted USB flash drive. I cannot remember how I provided it with encryption - it's been a long time. It does not need any software to be installed to decrypt and open it or re-incrypt it after reading its files. As a further...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb flash blocked on windovs