Windows 10: Defender ATP

Discus and support Defender ATP in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I tried to submit a question, but it would not let me submit it. What good does it do to have this system if it won't work. Why am I, as an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SkiGorski`, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Defender ATP

I tried to submit a question, but it would not let me submit it. What good does it do to have this system if it won't work.

Why am I, as an individual home computer user, subject to the strict regulations of Defender ATP? I cannot connect to links that are provided in emails that I have used for years, until today. All messages when attempting to connect either refer to ISO or Defender ATP. What seems to be the problem. There is such a thing as too much over protection, and this sure seems to be the case.

Is anyone doing anything at Microsoft/Windows to help us individual users? I think that we should be able to OPT OUT of ATP if we so desire. I can turn Defender off, but not ATP. Why?

I am thankful for any help that anyone can shed on this problem.

:)

SkiGorski`, Jan 29, 2019

2. Windows Defender ATP.

Why isn't the Windows Defender ATP platform available with Windows 10 Pro for free? What's the difference between Windows Defender and Windows Defender ATP? If you're going to make Windows 10 the best operating system ever, the virus and malware protection
    has to be the best too. So having one Windows Defender ATP across the whole Windows 10 ecosystem for free is better then having two different virus and malware platforms?

AnthonyPosi, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Windows Defender ATP.

Windows Defender ATP isn't protection, rather it's more after the fact forensics. Any sized firm can run ATP as you can enable it on Windows 10 pro with merely a script. What you have to have is a Windows E5 subscription license which now is sold in single
    units by cloud service providers.

The naming of "Windows defender ATP" is IMHO a bad marketing name. It doesn't defend. It reports. It helps an admin understand when intrusions take place what IP the workstation talked to and what may have occurred but it still takes a technical person
    to interpret the findings.

Susan Bradley - volunteer here not a MS employee, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Defender ATP

Win Defender ATP

Dears,

We were previously informed that Windows Defender ATP will be made available for Windows 7 and Windows 8

When will we have this?

Thanks

LayalEl Fay, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Defender ATP

1. Defender ATP - Similar Threads - Defender ATP

2. Windows Defender ATP removal after Trial Expired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender ATP removal after Trial Expired: I have a number of machines that the Defender ATP was pushed to. Now that the trial ended and we have decided to go another route with our Endpoint security, I want to uninstall the ATP on machines that didn't get removed before the trial expired. Is there a clean way outside...
  3. Windows Defender ATP removal after Trial Expired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender ATP removal after Trial Expired: I have a number of machines that the Defender ATP was pushed to. Now that the trial ended and we have decided to go another route with our Endpoint security, I want to uninstall the ATP on machines that didn't get removed before the trial expired. Is there a clean way outside...
  4. Windows Defender ATP removal after Trial Expired

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. M365 Defender - ATP scan - is there an option to deliver email only after file attachment...

M365 Defender - ATP scan - is there an option to deliver email only after file attachment...: In Microsoft 365 Defender, under tenant's Safe Attachments policy, currently it is set to dynamic delivery. O365 Email scanning option is set to email text is delivered first while attachment is still waiting to be scanned which causes a bit of frustration when opening...
  6. M365 Defender - ATP scan - option to deliver email only after file attachment has completed...

M365 Defender - ATP scan - option to deliver email only after file attachment has completed...: In Microsoft 365 Defender, under tenant's Safe Attachments policy, currently it is set to dynamic delivery. O365 Email scanning option is set to email text is delivered first while attachment is still waiting to be scanned which causes a bit of frustration when opening...
  7. Duplicate entries in Defender ATP

Duplicate entries in Defender ATP: Hello,Thanks in advance for any information on this issue.As you can see we have duplicate entries in the Security Center showing up. In the below example, there are 4 total entries for this VM. These VMs are deployed through a pipeline. For some reason some are showing up in...
  8. Defender ATP for On-Prem Server

Defender ATP for On-Prem Server: Hi,Our company is conducting a POC for multiple EDR solutions for all endpoints including the On-Prem Windows servers and Linux boxes. There is crystal clear information on how to onboard the endpoints to Microsoft Security Center and what kind of licensing is required. An...
  9. Honeypot catching 255.255.255.255:41794 - Windows ATP Defender - MulticastScanner...

Honeypot catching 255.255.255.255:41794 - Windows ATP Defender - MulticastScanner...: What I found: Event log that corresponds - EventID 403 Powershell Engine Lifecycle which calls upon - c:\programdata\microsoft\Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection\Downloads\MulticastScanner V1.3.2.ps1 This powershell script appears to send out a multicast packet when...
  10. Which IP or Domain name should Firewall allow to get Windows Defender ATP Definitions...

Which IP or Domain name should Firewall allow to get Windows Defender ATP Definitions...: Hi I'm currently using Windows Defender ATP for Linux on a Linux Redhat server and got a problem with the definitions update as it couldn't update, always return "update_failed" result. Since this server is connect through a static proxy from our company which I have...