Windows 10: Defender AV Scan

Discus and support Defender AV Scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I know we don't have access to what a quick scan does on a consistent basis, but is there a way of retroactively seeing what was included in said scan?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AaronSGutierrez, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Defender AV Scan

I know we don't have access to what a quick scan does on a consistent basis, but is there a way of retroactively seeing what was included in said scan? Log files, .cab, etc.? And were would those be located/ what is the preferred way of reading those? Thank you!

:)

AaronSGutierrez, Dec 16, 2020
  2. Pehla Win User

Windows defender crash during scan

might be malware! i had similar issue with defender and other Av..its bad ass malware..
    use anykind of av rescue disk and scan with that!!!

Pehla, Dec 16, 2020
  3. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 16, 2020
  4. RAW
    Raw Win User

Defender AV Scan

Windows defender crash during scan

mentioned MalwareBytes above

RE: Nope, didn't work. I had a nasty virus hidden and the best thing I did was buy Kaspersky PURE 3.0.
    Kaspersky picked it up and cleaned it out.
    And I also bought Malwarebytes which works seamless with Kaspersky.

One shouldn't be home without it.

Thema:

Defender AV Scan

1. Defender AV Scan - Similar Threads - Defender Scan

2. Windows Defender Requested a file to scan but didnt scan it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Requested a file to scan but didnt scan it: Windows Defender requested me to send in a file from my SystemTemp folder, this file was named chrome_url_fetcher{random string of characters}.crx3 and I sent the file in to get scanned. But after sending in the file my internet restarted due to router settings, and I checked...
  3. Windows Defender Requested a file to scan but didnt scan it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Requested a file to scan but didnt scan it: Windows Defender requested me to send in a file from my SystemTemp folder, this file was named chrome_url_fetcher{random string of characters}.crx3 and I sent the file in to get scanned. But after sending in the file my internet restarted due to router settings, and I checked...
  4. Windows Defender Requested a file to scan but didnt scan it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Don't have ability to delete window defender scan history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't have ability to delete window defender scan history: I have been getting some new games and every time I need to give it access since window defender just annoying blocks everything, it would pop up in the right corner notification tab, but when I do click on it, the window defender history would appear for a moment and then...
  6. Don't have ability to delete window defender scan history

Don't have ability to delete window defender scan history: I have been getting some new games and every time I need to give it access since window defender just annoying blocks everything, it would pop up in the right corner notification tab, but when I do click on it, the window defender history would appear for a moment and then...
  7. Don't have ability to delete window defender scan history

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Where can one see the result of scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Where can one see the result of scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode?: Where can one see the result of scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-one-see-the-result-of-scanning-with/8c7d8679-58ba-4368-bc31-71fcb6298fb7
  9. Where can one see the result of scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can one see the result of scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode?: Where can one see the result of scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-one-see-the-result-of-scanning-with/8c7d8679-58ba-4368-bc31-71fcb6298fb7
  10. Where can one see the result of scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode?